It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News Joins Obama- Bans American Flag Lapel Pins!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I did a search and didn't find this on ATS .

I saw this and it made me sick. I am almost without words. I guess we know who owns ABC. Would you trust this news agency ?

A boycott of the ABC television network is encouraged because the executives at ABC news are said to have told reporters they could not wear American flag lapel pins or any other patriotic insignia. The network said that ABC should remain as neutral as possible.

Associated Press writer David Bauder quoted Barbara Walters as saying that ABC discouraged its reporters from wearing the flag because "...it may confuse the audience." She was also quoted as saying that there was concern whether someone who decided not to wear a flag in the midst of all the others might be viewed as less patriotic.

www.truthorfiction.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Aug 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't trust most MSM even if they walked around with tiny bible lapel pins to be honest and ABC isn't the only station that has been bought and sold more times than a crack addict's engagement ring IMO.

Best to be wary of them all whether they are proud of their flag or not.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Perish the thought anyone should be proud of their nation or anything. Last I checked, ABC was still based and drew it's bounty from America. Hmmm..... Perhaps they can offshore themselves. That's not always a bad thing.

A President making a special point of not wearing it is sickening. Just sickening. If he chooses to wear it one day and not another and that's all there is too it...well, it's a personal decision. If we even know the decision was made and/or why though, it's TMFI for the public on such a thing. It's not personal anymore, it's a statement and the VERY WRONG statement for a U.S. President anyway.

What the heck is the nation coming to? Would we think Putin was an idiot for wearing a small Russian Federal pin? Hu Jintao for wearing a China flag pin? Yikes.... No biggy not wearing it but as a statement it's just wrong.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Nationalism is creepy anyways.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I have 3 definitions of Nationalism,

1- Devotion to the interests or culture of one's nation.
2-The belief that nations will benefit from acting independently
3-Patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts. ( Noun form )

I don't know what is creepy about it.. If more "Americans" were one of the 3 above , we wouldn't have the mess that we do at this time..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

This is nothing. In Sweden it´s racist to sing the national anthem or wear the swedish flag in public, Not even schoolchildren are allowed to sing it in school anymore. It is not only considered racist, but illegal and will land you a heavy fine or, if unlucky, can even land you in jail. Why? Multiculturalism is so widespread here, the swedish identity is all but wiped out. (having a flagpole on the lawn is still legal, but scoffed at)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think wearing a flag pin is incredibly tacky, but banning people from wearing one because it may be interpreted as endorsing a specific political party is gross. It shouldn't be about Republicans or Democrats, if you want to show a little patriotism that's fine. The media made the lapel pin about political affiliation. Perhaps they should attach douche bags to their lapels.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If I worked there they could kiss my ass.....I would sue them so fast their head would spin....

butt out of our lives....

so will they ban all forms of other nations flags? or just ours.....TRAITORS....still want to be on their side?

I keep saying it....the more retarded their actions against what it is to be American, the more they validate the stance against them. They are actually contributing more than us to make their opposition grow.

Keep it up....you are losing so much support so fast that you will have to take drastic measures that will be your end....Go ahead....try it...

We dare you......
oh, and thank you.....are you guys secretly on our side????? Way to take one for the team

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't think a lapel pin of The American flag is Tacky at all if your an American. I feel the same way about marriage. Is it tacky to wear a wedding ring if your married? I love America. I hate what has happened to Her. Along with The American People She has been and continues to be molested and raped by Her Government.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I agree about partisanship and I've been careful to simply say President. If Mitt or the next one in 2016 does the same thing and it's about a statement... heck, I'll be as hard there too. The flag might be corny on some people, but it's an understated symbol for the man elected to lead the nation it represents. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Aside from that, as I understand it, he's gonna be wearing something and the Flag might as well be it. Nothing wrong with it anyway. I know the Secret Service pins are very special in nature...the ones they wear. Books on them talk about it. I've assumed since that became a fixture on Bush after 9/11, it was as much to do with a security aspect as anything for show. Still...the symbolism seems right. Making a special point of not wearing it as a statement ...well, we need a new President who LIKES being American.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
They are asked not to wear pins of any kind because they are reporting the news, not taking sides.

They are not banned from doing so.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Reminds me of Jon Snow, an English news reporter (and a damn good one).

He refuses to wear any symbol which may represent his views on air; in the run up to Remembrance Day he condemned what he called 'Poppy Fascism' because "in the end there really must be more important things in life than whether a news presenter wears symbols on his lapels"

en.wikipedia.org...

A real...and I mean Impartial, honourable, decent news reader/journalist/presenter will remain impartial and just read the news and ask questions of those they're interviewing, that's it.

Shame there aren't too many about.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

It's tacky. Like wearing a tie with Disney characters or putting bumper stickers on your car. I have yet to see anyone outside of the occasional Sears patron and dumbass politician wear a flag pin.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
They should have been boycotted a long time ago- along with the rest of those bought and paid for "news stations".

They have all been on my boycott for quite some time already, I dont need to see them not wearing flag lapels to understand that they can give a damn about anything besides themselves or their agenda.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
amazing... with all the problems the country faces over there... people get distracted yet again arguing over petty little things that do nothing to solve the problems ....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

I have to say I'm a bit confused here. These are some of the top news agency's in the world.

News Agencies, AP, Reuters, AFP, America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Oceania. ... United Press International (UPI) · U.S. Newswire. Canada Canadian Press ...

What I don't understand is this. If your a french reporter and your reporting news . what is wrong with displaying the symbol of your country? The American Flag is not a symbol of political affiliation. So why make it an issue? The heart of the matter is they don't want sovereignty for The Us or It's people. They want a One World Government and The American People are in the way. I know they have symbols and icons of their Structure of Government ( I use the term loosely )..

First it's the pledge. Then it's symbols in the courts and Govt. Buildings. Then it's God .. Now it's The American Flag. Next it will be best to not mention your heritage to these whores who are bought and paid for.

Stand for something or fall for anything.

PS I forgot to throw the trashing of The Constitution. Let's not mention any commitment to that by all means..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yes to those who dislike Disney..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

First of all who are 'they'? I am SO sick of people on ATS just saying 'they' without elaborating. Do you mean news agencies?

Secondly, how does this go against the constitution at all? If you work for McDonald's you don't get to have F--- You tattooed on your forehead. The companies can make this call, when you work for them you get a choice. Follow the rules or get fired.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I never said it went against The Constitution. Why don't you read what I said .. and quote it if you need to.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

PS I forgot to throw the trashing of The Constitution.

OK I quoted. What are you going to pretend you meant?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join