It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, what makes you happy to be alive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
i am of the opinion that a little more positivity would do us All some good so lay it on me.

Big, small, people, places, feelings, or ideas; if it makes you happy won't you please share it with Us.

Cheers and much Love my friends!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
My wife and unborn shild sleeping soundly in the next room.

A simle and a nod from a passing stranger for no reason whatsoever...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
What makes me feel happy to be alive right now is that for the first time in my life I see the potential for true, meaningful, global change - away from uncontrolled corporatism and into something more human oriented, Borders are evaporating, dialogues are opening, tyrants are falling,.. and maybe, just maybe,,, the things that have always made us feel different might be giving way to forcing us all into seeing just how similar we are - regardless of culture,nationality, religion, gender, sexual preference, race, or personal habit.

Well that and I've gotten comfortable with the reality that I'm 46 and getting old ain't such a bad thing!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Music and my friends.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

What a beautiful thought, thank you!

Here is to hoping and trying!

edit to add:

i agree wholeHeartedly by the way

edit on 8/5/12 by soulshn because: =)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
What makes me happy?

Being given the gift to watch my daughter grow more every day.
When I see a regular joe do something honorable out of the blue with no expectations of payback.
Watching my mom come out of her 8th craniotomy surgery fine.
When my husband and I share a laugh so deep it reminds me all over again why I chose him.
Watching people ban together to help others who are worse off than they are.

I guess I could go on and on.
Sometimes it is nice to take a minute to think about this stuff.

edit on 8/5/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm happy when I see my daily tasks are done and I did them good.

Seeing my work being appreciated and respected.

Seeing it grow and bloom, enjoyed and filled with life by my customers... that's what I live for.
edit on 5-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
I'm happy when I see my daily tasks are done and I did them good.

Nothing like a nice well-striped to-do list huh?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
To know that my children are replicas of me....and very proud of it...top of the word with contention

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The moment when, in the middle of a big repair, you switch the ratchet over from loosening to tightening.

Half way there!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
My small brother and music, that's about it really. No plans to get married or have any children.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Made me laugh, really! Kudos xD

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Im not happy to be alive. I feel like Ive been dropped into an asylum. I dont need the lessons humans are currently getting. I know all about greed, power, the ego and the fear.

If the objective is to be happy in the middle of evil, I dont think I can do it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is a great thread! What makes me happy?

My daughter, my husband, my dog.
Riding my motorcycle.
Going to the shooting range.
Shopping (eh, guess I'm a typical woman in that aspect!)
Relative freedom (we could always be a lot worse off!)
Listening to music, reading, watching movies.
Just being fairly healthy and alive are pretty nice too!

I liked this idea. It's nice to take a breath once in a while and remind yourself of the good things in life. It reminds me of an app I had for a while, called the gratitude journal. Simply, every day you think of at least one thing that day that you are thankful for, be it a person, thing, experience, or whatever. I liked it a lot, because it makes you less aware of the bad, and more aware of the good.

S&F to the op.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Knowing I have made someone laugh or smile. Knowing that someone feels seen and heard because of me. Seeing people reach out to each other on a conspiracy web site.
Anything beautiful or magnificent. Anything that floods the senses in a positive way. Feeling.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I hate to say this but ... arguing, debating and exposing fraud and corruption in the system....

2nd going through foreclosed homes is like having Christmas everyday! you never know what you might find!

I prefer to give the property back to their owner if I can...

huntin and fishin too...

traveling is great but been there and done that from VA to AK ... longest drive I have ever taken

then once around the entire USA from VA through the Midwest to Mount Olympia n Washington then south to Tijuana stopping at many national parks....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
My 2 children..... they make me happy that I am alive.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
All of the above, and more.....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

oh and this

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Considering i lost my sister a few years ago and my mum a few months ago, I have to ask myself this question everyday...

And my conclusion is to always search for the light through the pain.....

My light is looking at my children, They need me strong to teach them that yes, life does get you down and hurts you, But life goes on!

To feel the pain but to also remember the great times we all had together, To embrace the people and things in your life that you need, And that need you.

To Live life to the full and be who you want to be not what people want you to be because you only live once and you do not know what is around the corner....

So, My children, My husband and my friends are what makes me happy , And i am so thankful for them every second of every day!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join