It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremly odd "thunder" heard in Sacramento

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEndIsNear421

Well I am officially weirded out now. THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY like what I heard..only I would say they were spaced out just slightly more..only a wee bit.
Yet we are quite a distance apart..I really need to find out what this is!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11

Well I am officially weirded out now. THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY like what I heard..only I would say they were spaced out just slightly more..only a wee bit.
Yet we are quite a distance apart..I really need to find out what this is!

When I heard the bursts, mine were spaced out longer as well. Not by much, but it wasn't that close together. Same exact noise though.
edit on 8/5/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
That doesn't sound like thunder, I heard a few rumbles earlier n it didn't sound like that. I got my windows open tho i'll listen for some sounds. That sounds like it would get annoying tho I'd rather not hear anything lol...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The way you described it in your posts is dead on to what I was thinking. The only other time I have heard this sound it was during really strange cloud cover that seemed to just appear out of nowhere. I mean seriously, this is Sacramento in summer. The weather was mid 80's until around five and the sky was clear. Then all of the sudden literally black clouds cover the entire sky, the wind picks up, and it's suddenly tornado season. I find it strange that I only hear the sounds during freak weather storms that last for maybe an hour. It sounds like it is coming from above the clouds. Like some kind of enormous jet engine.......I posted something about it last year.
Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
WOW ! i knew i read about something like this before and i was right because here it is.
Same thing as in the video ?

amancalleddada.blogspot.nl...

The other night, April 12th, at approx. 3:00 am, while Da-da was trying to sleep after visiting with friends in Northern California, Da-da was witness to the weirdest thunder Da-da's ever heard in 198 years of thunder concerts. "Regular" thunder booms and echoes. But this thunder was, to wax onomonopoetic, like this: BAM... BAM... BAM... BAM... BAM... BAM... BAM.... Da-da lost count, but it sounded like seven times. (Seventh Seal? Buehler?) There was no echo, though, just extremely impressive and repeated, loud metallic reports of equal intensity.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndIsNear421

The way you described it in your posts is dead on to what I was thinking. The only other time I have heard this sound it was during really strange cloud cover that seemed to just appear out of nowhere. I mean seriously, this is Sacramento in summer. The weather was mid 80's until around five and the sky was clear. Then all of the sudden literally black clouds cover the entire sky, the wind picks up, and it's suddenly tornado season. I find it strange that I only hear the sounds during freak weather storms that last for maybe an hour. It sounds like it is coming from above the clouds. Like some kind of enormous jet engine.......I posted something about it last year.
Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here.

I'm glad to know I am not the only one. The more posts I see of this, it just let's me/you know that we aren't just hearing what we have heard during every thunderstorm we have been in. The booms I heard sounded like they were in the distance but not above me. I remember thinking briefly that they could use the thunder to hide some sort of blasting underground maybe.
I usually don't take the paranoid/conspiracy road quickly. But after weeks of trying to figure out what it was, I kept going back to that for some reason.

I am not aware of anything here that they would be mining for so I can only guess and I don't like going wild with that. It's still unsolved for me, but I am very aware of the thunder now when it storms to see if I can hear it again. I would like to find a logical answer though,

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeroenske

Thanks for posting this, I was just thinking it was probably just a one hundred foot giant banging on a bronze shield
After reading his description, I am even more intrigued. How did you stumble across this?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I do know being familiar with that area that there are surface mines south of the base. They pull out granite sand and gravel. Perhaps they were blasting for some reason tonight, when the weather is cool and humid.

That's it for me, I will check back In the am.... When the suns up.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Could fracking cause something like this? I know they do a lot of mining in the area, I am not sure about fracking though.
edit on 5-8-2012 by TheEndIsNear421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Hey OP... Your video gave me chills as I could hear what you were hearing and it is exactly what I have described on here before. Please read...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You aren't crazy. I am in Virginia and have heard it once more since my last post about it. I still have no clue what it is. I am no where near any bases. Closest is Fort Bragg and it is a few hours away.

Has Virginia been stable since the last big one? Are you far from where the 'quake' struck (was it Oct '11)?

OK, I am looking at your posts...I say they are using storms as a cover for the underground blasting. It was a thought lurking in my mind, unvoiced, but now I have to say it. We can't let any slip up escape our documentation.

ETA 2 I just read your second post. We came to the same conclusion, and I am not trying to grab credit for our similar thinking..I don't need to do that sort of thing.I began thinking it when the man in the OP video was talking about thunder outside, and the clanging. Then I read your 1st post, and blurted the 'OK I am looking at your posts'. Your thought about a 'cover' is wrapped all around your first, and I think the OP's as well. Then I read your second post....but it's real taboo territory we're talking about here. Wilcock. Fulford. 'They' relegate these stories and witness accounts all under one SF type umbrella. I'm a little jumpy about this. Don't they know sound travels best through solid earth, next through water, then through air? They're like children.
edit on 5-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Could fracking cause something like this?

I am not sure about that at all to be honest. I don't know anywhere within miles that is doing any...but I may have missed it. I will definitely look into it.

Originally posted by davidmann

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Hey OP... Your video gave me chills as I could hear what you were hearing and it is exactly what I have described on here before. Please read...

You aren't crazy. I am in Virginia and have heard it once more since my last post about it. I still have no clue what it is. I am no where near any bases. Closest is Fort Bragg and it is a few hours away.

Has Virginia been stable since the last big one? Are you far from where the 'quake' struck (was it Oct '11)?

They said some folks in the area felt it, but I did not. The center of that was a pretty good distance away. We did have a bigger one before that though that I did feel. I think a couple of years before the '11 one.

ETA for your post edit: You are correct. I would rather have a rational explanation than go without knowing at all. It very well could be any number of things I haven't thought of.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Same reason i found ATS many years ago. I wanted answers to many questions i had.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

You may have misunderstood my line. I believe it is man, rebuilding the tunnels, on a rush schedule, using any sound above as a cue to blast/drill. They're children. If things don't stop 'changing', they'll put away persons who say this.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

reply to post by g146541

I started noticing a lot of recent military activity around the area and thought it was strange there was so much military traffic/transport on a decommissioned airfield. I wonder if there is some type of stockpiling is going on. When I heard the noise my first thought was military testing of some kind. The sounds are way too evenly spaced apart to be natural.

The only military activity on the bases now are recruiters, filing rooms and coast guard (Note: coast guard wears the same blues as air force).
There is banging going on un your vid, it kind of sounds like someone banging on an empty dumpster actually.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann

You may have misunderstood my line. I believe it is man, rebuilding the tunnels, on a rush schedule, using any sound above as a cue to blast/drill. They're children. If things don't stop 'changing', they'll put away persons who say this.

I did misunderstand and apologize. It's almost 5 am here and my brain is not as quick.

I see what you are saying now and I agree. I would have thought that idea almost stupid before my own experience. Not so much now. And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they decided to do what you suggest.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

It's hard to wake up in the morning and just start thinking about this sort of thing. You don't put this sort of thing on facebook, if you wish to eat.

Tunnels will be for manufacturing and supplying the defense materials. If we find out about it, that's what they'll say. They gotta have what they gotta have. I'm sure the military is joined at the hip to this. It is probably as complicated as it is far ranging in possibility.

I'll leave the above paragraph as I wrote it...just read it backwards...it's late here too.

Theoretically, there could be an entire disunited states, the same size, right under our feet...where our children play with their toys....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
OK, after watching your video, I'm convinced that sound is coming from a dump truck or garbage truck.

Thanks for posting the vid though!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
OK, after watching your video, I'm convinced that sound is coming from a dump truck or garbage truck.

Thanks for posting the vid though!

That was my first thought, maybe someone banging on an empty dupster.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I live about 2 miles northeast of Mather field (formerly, Mather AFB), and I heard it too.

I just moved out to this area from downtown Sacramento about 3-4 months ago, so my thought was that it was just the neighbors playing some bass-heavy rap music way too loud on their car stereo (I was in the house at the time, with all the double-pane windows closed).

It wasn't until I heard on the 11:00 PM news about a thunderstorm in the area (they did admit that it was unsual for a thunderstorm to ocurr in this area at this time of year), that I knew what it actually was that I heard.

Oddly, I had just returned from the Bay area earlier that evening, about 5:00 PM, on I-80, heading west, I noticed the stormfront heading toward Sacramento looked, unusual; specifically, parts of the cloud bottoms had a very pronounced "bubble-wrap"-like texture. And I remember mentioning this to my travling companion.

Also, when I got home, at about 6:00 PM , I noticed that my cat was acting strangely; instead of insistantly and vocally greeting me for 10-15 minutes as usuall, he was very quiet with his meowing, and stayed close to the floor, as if in fear, instead of leaping onto the furniture, to greet me at eye level, as he usually does.

And yes, I noticed this change in his behaviour in a text to my friend as well (Document every oddity, you never now when it might be important!).

So, if this was part of the "World-wide 'Rumble"" everyone was hearing not long ago, I don't know whether to be disappointed that it's happened in my town as well, or relieved.

Is it a sign of that I, too, will be caught up in a impending disater; or a sign that the "resue Ships" have arrived, and are waiting to save us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join