It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremly odd "thunder" heard in Sacramento

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Did anyone in Sacramento hear that crazy booming thunder that happened about a half hour ago? There was two intervals, the first was for about three and half minutes. At first it sounded like the neighbors that live behind me were shooting off shotguns in their house, due the way it was extremely loud but muffled at the same time. You could have sworn there was a gunfight going on. It went for about twenty seconds and then just one long continuous rumble that lasted for a good 3 minutes. I stayed inside at first expecting it to stop, but my dogs started going crazy so after about a minute I went outside to check it out and it lasted for a good two full minutes before it just abruptly stopped. I went back inside to jump on ATS to see if anyone has heard anything also and after a few minutes pass the "blasts" start up again. As I run outside with my camera (and dogs) in hand, the rumbling gets extremely loud and than again just stops.

It's weird though.....I have heard the same sound before, about one year ago around the same time (also at my house). I live near an old airbase and it sounds like it could be some testing of some kind. The skies are extremely black and it almost seems like tornado weather. I would chalk it up to thunder but I have never heard thunder like that. I thought I would ask my fellow ATS members because I get a lot of breaking news here first.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
www.accuweather.com...

Just a weak baby thunderstorm. Now, take a look at what Illinois/Indiana/Ohio got tonight. THAT was a real storm.

ETA: Missouri/Oklahoma/Kansas/Arkansas have been getting pounded too.
edit on 4-8-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
id get ur camera with audio out and be ready if anything else happens im a couple hours away and havent heard or seen anything, af bases maybe? i have also noticed odd weather keep us updated

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
yup its thunder from dry lightning storms... got em here in chico

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I appreciate the quick response guys, but I keep hearing the same really strange booms/blasts but now it is almost like someone is banging a drum at a steady BPM. I am trying to get some footage but they only happen for about twenty second spurts.......every five minutes or so. It is some pretty unique sounding "thunder" if you ask me

edit on 5-8-2012 by TheEndIsNear421 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEndIsNear421

I got some family in Sacramento, and know the area well, what base are you next to?
Looked at the weather map, the system is moving a weird direction for that area.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am literally one mile from Mather Airfield. I just heard it once again and I got it on video so let me see if you can hear it clearly and if so I will upload it. The crazy thing about today was it was mid-80's and completely clear until about 5. Now it seems like I am in Kansas from the wizard of oz

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEndIsNear421

Called and they said they heard some thunder but nothing too exciting. They live near Nimbus Dam off Hazel. about 20 min away from Mather. The bulk of the storm didn't make it that far east.
The weird thing is the Rancho Cordova area looked to get just a small burst of dark green from the Doppler right over the base, I'm no expert but I would have thought it would take a more powerful storm to get such a powerful thunder. I do think it's odd to see the system moveing from east to west, or SE to NW to be specific.

Anything on the local news?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
id get ur camera with audio out and be ready if anything else happens im a couple hours away and havent heard or seen anything, af bases maybe? i have also noticed odd weather keep us updated

LOL, our af bases went with the clinton administration, both mather and mclellan.
Next closest is beale or travis, many miles away.

OP Fair Oaks here and no funny booms on this end of town.
Doggies are laying here next to me, one snoring hard.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEndIsNear421
I am literally one mile from Mather Airfield. I just heard it once again and I got it on video so let me see if you can hear it clearly and if so I will upload it. The crazy thing about today was it was mid-80's and completely clear until about 5. Now it seems like I am in Kansas from the wizard of oz

There it is!!
You live close to mather, no real activity there but you are also close to aerojet!
New tests maybe?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yesterday morning (Aug 4th) there was a huge sonic boom/ thunder around 11:30am EDT over northern New Hampshire. Shook whole buildings and was followed by long deep rumbles that lasted several minutes. There was barely a cloud in the sky, so likely wasn't thunder. Could have been a jet going super sonic, or possibly controlled blasting.

Most likely not related to the booms over in CA, but the thread title caught my attention because of my experience yesterday.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Not only is Aerojet close but you have a natural gas pipline terminal just a few miles away from the base.
I have seen the tanks on the corner of Folsom and Bradshaw. Check it out

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Wow now this is really bizarre!
I am in La Jolla (San Diego) and about 9:54, had a series of really odd booms that woke me up from a doze! My initial thought was it was the fireworks at Sea World, but thought it odd they were doing them before ten pm, but the weirdest part is I could distinctly feel each boom through the tile floor, something I never felt with the fireworks! Also, it was not a series of regular fireworks noise, more like separate booms spaced out in a strange way.
I am still not sure what it was..tried to listen outside for a few minutes but the noise was coming from North, not South (Sea World is south of us in Mission Bay). Checked quake maps and could not find anything.

edit: We have MCAS Miramar nearby, but sound was not coming from that way.
edit on 5-8-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Ok now this is just getting weird for me. I live in SD north county, too far to hear your booms. I will keep an ear out.
Crazy to think that there some fellow ATS'rs hanging out in my hometown and my new hometown, nice.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I noticed a lot of small quakes in Alaska and California today, since I've never felt one I can't tell you if they are related or not. What are the chances it was ground tremors?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
This is the best recording I could get of the boom claps. You can hear the sounds best in the first fifteen seconds, after that it just gets lower and then just stops completely. Keep in mind I was trying to capture the audio only because the video is terrible

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Ive heard similar sounds on some of those whats that noise vidios...maybe its part of that meme.....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I started noticing a lot of recent military activity around the area and thought it was strange there was so much military traffic/transport on a decommissioned airfield. I wonder if there is some type of stockpiling is going on. When I heard the noise my first thought was military testing of some kind. The sounds are way too evenly spaced apart to be natural.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hey OP... Your video gave me chills as I could hear what you were hearing and it is exactly what I have described on here before. Please read...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You aren't crazy. I am in Virginia and have heard it once more since my last post about it. I still have no clue what it is. I am no where near any bases. Closest is Fort Bragg and it is a few hours away.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

That's crazy because I grew up in Oceanside near Pendleton and I now reside in Sac. It almost reminded me of when they used to do bomb testing at Pendleton. Except you can hear hear the bellows from the sky above and deep in your chest and not all from round like when you hear an explosion. If that makes sense.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join