It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 yr Old Woman Fights off Robbers with Mangoes and Apples

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

typically anything with grannies thowing a fit I am into....

CJ

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by kimish

Just a comment regarding the causual statement regadring the perps...shall I post a different ethnicity in the multitudes of stick up vids...shocking that many are white...I will say regardless of ethnicity the veracity of apples is common...

CJ
edit on 5-8-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

You made an assumption when I used the term perps. Therefore you jumped to conclusions.
I will say this, I agree and enjoy about 9/10 of your threads and posts, but you jumped the gun on this one. I pointed out a commonality within the videos posted (correct? there was a commonality amongst the perps in said vids, right?) and You automatically assume that I think all criminals are "this or that". I merely pointed out what I saw. If you see red, Can I tell you that you are wrong for seeing red when you state that you see it?

ETA: regardless it was refreshing to see grannies getting "theres in". Lol I bet they felt good afterwards.

edit on 5-8-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Hey kimish, fair enough. I really wasn't fair and jumped the gun - frankly I enjoy your posts as well - I took an assumed thought before I posted and posted - not fair to you - my apologies...

CJ
edit on 5-8-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I guess I see things differently than most

Old people know one thing that younger people do not know. ANYTHING can be used as a weapon. If I were to tell you that you could permanently disable a man with a lollipop, you would probably think I was crazy. So I guess just call me crazy. Take that lollipop, turn it around with the sucker part in the palm of your hand and the stick poking out through the knuckles of your hand. Now go punch that robber in the eye and see how quickly that fight comes to a screeching halt, and if you miss the eye, go for the throat.

Now onto the videos. With video #1 I do not think it was the fruit or the women that scared off the would be robber. It was something else entirely. If you are robbing a bank, store, or any place where there is multiple people. Your number one rule is to control the room. If one single person fights back, that gives courage to the rest and you will very quickly find yourself outnumbered and overpowered.

Video #2 simply shows a man fighting back and that is a robbers worst nightmare. When people fight back, you have lost all control of the situation. That's when bad and unintended things happen. Not every robber intends to kill, but it happens anyway. That is also a risk to fighting back, robbers will do anything to get away.

Video #3 illustrates my whole point. Notice how no one is doing anything at all? Then that old lady comes along and fights back. How does that video end? With others joining in the fight and overpowering one of our robbers.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

: You don't get that much around here anymore. S for you.

Back on topic, I Love to see people show their "balls". It's reassuring to know that there are still people like that out there. I'd take their back in a heartbeat.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I guess she was friends with this lady

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
reply to post by jude11

I guess she was friends with this lady

I would rather be friends with her than an enemy...

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join