It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Australian UFO files released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I just came across this article in the Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) Secret UFO files released and thought I would share this with all of you.

The first incident mentioned in the article talks of the radar operators at Sydney International Airport (located in Mascot, NSW) noticing something moving rather fast on their screens.

Senior air controllers at Mascot said the contacts were mostly located between 70 and 150 nautical miles north of Sydney at ''alleged speeds of 1100-6500 km/h that suggested high altitude''

It was later shown to be interference, however there seems to be many more that are just a little bit wtf. Lots of sightings by government officials, such as military and police.

I wonder how much more is going to come out in the near future.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Awesome stuff!
S+F

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Paperwork doesn't mean much, even if its from the actual white house... I'd rather see it than read it

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Id certainly ike to hear wat they say about Fred Valentich who dissapeared over bass straits while blow by blow describing a close encounter to the radio operator.....

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That's a wide range. 1100 to 6500 km/hr either or are really fast and I'm not sure but I can't think of any man made craft that travels at those speeds. I'm sure they could Of narrowed it down a little.
The story is interstIng of course and I hoPe more is to come. It would be awesome if the USA releases thier info and documents on the subject. Pshhttt that'll never happen

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

It is probably the closest Australia has come to scrambling fighter jets to intercept a UFO.

I'm disappointed as my own sighting in '86 involved 2 fast jets pursuing a black triangular object over an area south of Sydney so I'm convinced that RAAF fighter jets have been scrambled to investigate a UFO at least once. They did come from the general direction of Williamstown base and returned in that direction as well so perhaps that particular incident will eventually be made public as well (been waiting a long time to be 'enlightened' on what I witnessed all those decades ago)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilgrum

Austrailia has jets?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthfinder666

Indeed we do

There were F111's and I think we had the early deliveries of F18's at that time as well (could also have been the 2 Mirages that were on standby for just such a scenario in '83 too). Couldn't identify what model they were at night though but they were fast & loud with bright marker lights whereas the 'object' was silent with no visible lights at all which is highly unusual considering it passed through the controlled area over Sydney's Kingsford Smith international airport. That would satisfy the quoted condition that Sydney and RAAF radar both confirm the object's presence in order to scramble and investigate (it presented a danger to passenger transport operations). Never a word was ever seen by myself regarding the incident and I'm not the type to go jumping up' n down shouting UFO! (would have been detrimental to my career to be branded an imaginative nutcase).

edit on 5/8/2012 by Pilgrum because: additional info

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Paperwork doesn't mean much, even if its from the actual white house... I'd rather see it than read it

Prefer it this way than watching it on You Tube etc.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthfinder666
reply to post by Pilgrum

Austrailia has jets?

We sure do
And this is what we practice on

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If you search around a lot of countries have released files from 'high' up people and military. Even with all the evidence we have it still unfortunately doesn't make a difference. The only difference it makes it that you personally know and conclude on what people are seeing. None of it gets taken seriously from a vast majority of the world unless its on mainstream media and new channels. That's how much the media controls the world. Sucks really
. This would seem to be hard evidence but it probably wont be aired to millions of people.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Perhaps there's hope yet
After reading the source article there's mention of the reason this info has been released and that's because the 30 year 'seal' has expired. So maybe if there's no perceived national security issues existing, the sighting I experienced in '86 might become public in just another 4-5 years.

Can hardly wait that long but I've survived 26 years of (mostly) patient silence so far...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hi

For more information on Australian government ufo files, especially on the more recently released files from the National Archives of Australia, please take a look at the Australian blog at

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com.au...

Regards,

Pauline

new topics

top topics

join