It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Mentally and Spiritually Prepared for what is to come ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I find it amusing how many people, including those here on ATS, discuss and debate significant global catastrophes such as

WW3
Market Collapse
Biological Pandemics
Nuclear Disasters
Pole Shifts
Alien Invasions
Biblical Rapture

like they were discussing what they had for dinner last night while Fakebooking with friends.

I am a prepper in the holistic sense. I not only have the material resources to survive after a catastrophic event, but am also prepped mentally and spiritually for all the associated repercussions, such as the enormous psyhic pain that will be unleashed on this planet.

Remember that time when you ‘felt’ a loved one get hurt or was in some kind of trouble. I ‘felt’ it on 911, mostly because my brother was watching it happen from an office tower down the block from the WTC. Now take that feeling and multiply it by 1000 or 100000 or 1 million. You get my drift ?

Please don’t underestimate the mental and spiritual aspect of prepping. You must find your centre now ! Make peace with yourself and your friends. Stop telling lies and live from your truth. Meditate on Love daily. BE LOVE, But most importantly -

Place all your faith and belief in a higher force, because you will need that strength to help you pull through this test. If you have a relationship with God then trust in it, pray on it. Do not hate God for what is to come. It is not his doing. It is time for Karma to be released. IT will be BIG, but there will be a reason for it all.

Much Love To All

Peace * Ned

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm probably not.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

I think its probably those who are prepared NOT to survive that is most worrisome to the ones who will bring it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You may feel like you're prepared, but here's a tip:

You're not. Nobody is. You just happen to have supplies (which you'd most likely need to get to, unless you never leave wherever you store them). You just happen to believe in a higher force or something like that (which, if the SHTF, do you really want to trust in that higher force?).

Talking about this stuff like "Fakebooking" is vital to being prepared. It's how people get ideas. It's how 10 years down the road when you're stuck in a situation with an Altoid tin and a paperclip, you remember reading a tip about how to (insert something here).

You don't have the answer. I don't have the answer. There is a higher power or there isn't... it really makes no difference. If you have the will and the know how to survive, you will. And you won't have to rely on a higher power who is probably too busy fixing the universe to care if you have water or food.

The 6 billion people on this planet are still nothing compared to the universe, and we as a human race are young compared to the age of this planet.

Now if this higher power truly wants to save you or me or anyone else, I'm all for it, but I'm not going to count on it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Interesting list, everybody believes at least one of those things will happen, probably this year or next one. I think all of them will take place eventually.

Skeptics are an endangered species, probably will turn into a panic mob and vandals.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Regardless of what is to come...and I operate on no expectations--

Connecting with God/source, reconciling illusions, and cultivating an indivisible center is essential to the Way. There is no other higher purpose in this life, in my mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am getting there

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkmasn

You're not. Nobody is. You just happen to have supplies (which you'd most likely need to get to, unless you never leave wherever you store them). You just happen to believe in a higher force or something like that (which, if the SHTF, do you really want to trust in that higher force?).

Talking about this stuff like "Fakebooking" is vital to being prepared. It's how people get ideas. It's how 10 years down the road when you're stuck in a situation with an Altoid tin and a paperclip, you remember reading a tip about how to (insert something here).

You don't have the answer. I don't have the answer. There is a higher power or there isn't... it really makes no difference. If you have the will and the know how to survive, you will. And you won't have to rely on a higher power who is probably too busy fixing the universe to care if you have water or food.

The 6 billion people on this planet are still nothing compared to the universe, and we as a human race are young compared to the age of this planet.

Now if this higher power truly wants to save you or me or anyone else, I'm all for it, but I'm not going to count on it.

I am not counting on God to save me, as you put it. I am prepared to die also if that is God's will.

The point of this post is to make people aware of the psychic pain that comes with global catastrophes.

In Australia, we have an escalating mental health problem, and we are one of the richest countries on Earth. People are weak of mind in these modern times, because they are worshipping the $ instead of their creator.

Anyway, I respect your comments. Thanks,

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

Originally posted by mkmasn

I am not counting on God to save me, as you put it. I am prepared to die also if that is God's will.

The point of this post is to make people aware of the psychic pain that comes with global catastrophes.

In Australia, we have an escalating mental health problem, and we are one of the richest countries on Earth. People are weak of mind in these modern times, because they are worshipping the $ instead of their creator.

Anyway, I respect your comments. Thanks,

Not everyone is worshipping the $, and not everyone needs to worship a higher power to be mentally fit.

I respect your beliefs. I personally think the universe is too perfect to happen by chance, but I don't think there's a "God's Will" involved in my life or survival.

It's upsetting that you find it amusing people discuss this stuff nonchalantly when you are submitting yourself to God's Will. That's about as passive as people discuss those scenarios.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

I don't see having a relationship with God as being 'passive'. In fact it's the opposite, as I am created and a creator. It is empowering.

If you're not comfortable with the idea of allowing a 'higher power' to help you during times of tribulation, then just use some other tool or coping strategy, whatever that may be. If it's works for you, then all well and good.

Peace

* Ned
edit on 4-8-2012 by nimbinned because: just because

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Can anyone truly be 'ready' for something of such horrific and awe-inspiring nature? The mind is impacted daily by these little meaningless things. If something major happened that turned modern society upside down, including a major impact to your way of life...it's going to be one of hell of a curve ball.

That's where the human spirit and our ability to reason to fight these declines comes into the balance. And hell yes for that.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
ill be ok.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I stopped reading after the first paragraph but all I know is that I will start eating people about 4 hours after the food runs out.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I appreciate your effort with this post. I have studied level 5 or better catastrophic events and yes even extinction events, and yes, I am prepared as much as anyone could be, with that said, I don't think you can prepare mentally for this, it will be so absolutely mind bending that I think I might have to sit down for awhile. To be alone, really alone, and know that 90% of the worlds population might be dying including you(meaning myself) is something I don;t think I can wrap my head around ever. I live in an isolated place, I probably will not see what is going on, but once the cars don;t run, phone doesn't work, radio is dead, it will take time to adjust. I personally hope not to have to live to see it, but I think I know too much to believe in that , so I prepare.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
To be honest No, No I am not prepared.But when and if S does HTF some of us will have to pretend to know what we are doing. "Don't worry guys I've played Fallout..I got this"

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Its not something you in of yourself can prepare for- It is the father that doeth the works. He remains faithful even when we do not. For it is by grace that you are saved lest any man shall boast.

Please dont bring up Noah preparing because I cannot be baited and will not engage.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwcawaterbear
I appreciate your effort with this post. I have studied level 5 or better catastrophic events and yes even extinction events, and yes, I am prepared as much as anyone could be, with that said, I don't think you can prepare mentally for this, it will be so absolutely mind bending that I think I might have to sit down for awhile. To be alone, really alone, and know that 90% of the worlds population might be dying including you(meaning myself) is something I don;t think I can wrap my head around ever. I live in an isolated place, I probably will not see what is going on, but once the cars don;t run, phone doesn't work, radio is dead, it will take time to adjust. I personally hope not to have to live to see it, but I think I know too much to believe in that , so I prepare.

Thanks for that honest reply.

I live rurally. I don't have TV. I don't even listen to radio. I think it's vitally important to do everything possible to protect your mind and stay grounded in Spirit. I know it's virtually impossible to prepare for a 'mega-death' scenario, but you need to be able to function somehow if this does happen, otherwise you could end up as the walking dead.

Love * Ned

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There is a difference between belief in events that are karmic or consequence, and these manufactured events brought in by our dark cabal and their overlords.

I'll give you an example, the world is programmed to value wealth and money, and to treat their own family and fellow human, very poorly, those in need, and to blame people for not being that minority human they are, the good slave.

So when this so called "universal law, higher up's consequence" comes in, who is it going to hurt the most?

The selfish ones who are living off the third world resources?

The poor, handicapped, and children? The innocent ones?

Karma doesnt exist like that.

Its one of the dark side traps.

The most positioned and ruthless individuals don't seem to get much karma.

Yet pslam 86 comes to mind, and the elohim being reminded not only that they are mortal too, but that the answer as the adams do for their behavior, and to stop propping up corruption and start caring for the orphans and widows.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I guess this goes with this thread,
I once was mediating trying to make contact with aliens, I had asked what they could show me to prepare me for when SHTF. I had a lucid dream where San Jose was was hit by a massive earthquake. Long story short, I lived but only because I am who I am and trust that my life will either end of continue on my life path.

I know it doesn't really offer evidence of either a catastrophic event or aliens,. But I found great wisdom in the dream.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
reply to post by mkmasn

I don't see having a relationship with God as being 'passive'. In fact it's the opposite, as I am created and a creator. It is empowering.

If you're not comfortable with the idea of allowing a 'higher power' to help you during times of tribulation, then just use some other tool or coping strategy, whatever that may be. If it's works for you, then all well and good.

Peace

* Ned
edit on 4-8-2012 by nimbinned because: just because

Having a relationship with God is not being passive, you're right. But submitting to His will when He gave you free will IS being passive.

Sorry, I don't want to die. Even if it's God's "plan." There is nothing empowering about a plan you know nothing about playing out with you as the actor not knowing the script.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join