It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimpanzee 'asks' zoo visitors to free him

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Here's your evilllllllllllllllllllll zoo. Make of it what you will....

For f*ck sake what's so hard to get about it? Imagine being there FOREVER. Do you understand? FOR EVER, from the day you were born till the day you die. Who in their right mind wants to live like that??? Not me, nor those chimps. Most monkeys are curious and love to explore, I'm sure they'd love living there if they had a memory that lasted only 24 hours, but sadly, they don't, and you seem to go over that little fact a bit too easily.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

Originally posted by totallackey
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

So I can come and kidnap you, if only I give you three meals a day and keep you healthy?? Great, I'm on my way right now!

Yes, you can. When can I expect you arrival? I am dead serious.

Oh you are so funny! In need of attention, or why are you deliberately not getting the sarcasm?

Excuse me? You were being sarcastic when you said this?

For all I care they can dress him in gold, give him a playstation and a royal meal three times a day, it still doesn't provide what every sentient creatures deep down craves the most; FREEDOM.

Honestly, what I crave the most is food, shelter, and safety. The zoo provides this to these animals free of charge. They could do the HUMANE thing and provide it to HUMANS first...

When are you coming to get me again?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Originally posted by Muckster

What i find sad and disturbing is that we can take a magnificent and sentient lifeform and turn it into a freak show for our own pleasure and entertainment.

Peace

look you are being soft and really misguided with your soppy nonsense.

MAN is the master of the planet and we can do what we like.

who is going to stop us?

tell me.

no one can stop us. no one.

we can do what we like.

NO ONE stop us.

we have the power.

i don't understand why people like you keep defending savage beasts who would kill and eat you instantly given the chance.many humans have been killed by monkeys.

they are just dumb machines.

we only need animals for food.

the rest is a lot of liberal rubbish.

this is the worst attempt at a troll post I have seen. Lol weak attempt indeed. Yes you are right in that we are the stewards of this planet but it doesn't mean we devour it whole. What are you going to eat when you have eaten everything there is to eat smart guy. Each other? Lol I bet you get eaten first. Fat juicy plump steak

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
He is not asking for help escaping. I know a little bit of sign language as I was taught it at church by some of our deaf members. He is pointing at the cookie on the ground - he wants it. When he is cupping his hand and flexing his fingers that means "want". He's also pointing to his hand as in "give it to me". Poor thing wants the cookie (and to be understood!).

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

..and that's his way of paying his keep.

Are you really saying the chimp needs to "pay his fair share"

Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Originally posted by GrisGris
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

He's using British sign language " please, biscuit" and pointing to the cookie close to the cage... Dumb tourist can't communicate with him.

Why are they dumb? Because they dont know sign laguage?
or was it because the chimp can see the food and point at it while the monkeys on the other side gawk and mimic... entirely clueless to reality

Or just maybe, they didnt realize its was sitting there and it appeared to them he was pointing to the window to show them how to open it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

animals breed.we breed animals.

we don't need all these tigers and lions and stupid pandas.

what use is A LION?
it is a threat.

we need to make ourselves safe.

i hate pandas.billions have been wasted on them.they don't even want to live say vets.they don't even bang their panda wifes

if it was up to me i would go to china and make myself rich from their furs.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just imagine living in the same hotel your entire life, free of charge, food at fixed times and a pool to swim in., only rule is that you can never leave the hotel grounds.

How long do you think you will go on with the bs "oh it's really nice to live here!"? Till you're f*cking sick of swimming in the same goddamn pool every day? Or till you want to go somewhere else for a change? Or maybe till you've finally had it with being fed, and for a change want to go looking for bananas yourself, meeting a different species or meeting a partner instead of having one forced on you. Even to feel the rush of danger, of truly living in the wild, where your friends and family don't just disappear one day

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
Just imagine living in the same hotel your entire life, free of charge, food at fixed times and a pool to swim in., only rule is that you can never leave the hotel grounds.

How long do you think you will go on with the bs "oh it's really nice to live here!"? Till you're f*cking sick of swimming in the same goddamn pool every day? Or till you want to go somewhere else for a change? Or maybe till you've finally had it with being fed, and for a change want to go looking for bananas yourself, meeting a different species or meeting a partner instead of having one forced on you. Even to feel the rush of danger, of truly living in the wild, where your friends and family don't just disappear one day

I think I could accomplish this task for the rest of my natural life...I am willing to give it my level best attempt...where do I sign up?

I believe the odds are much greater my friends and family would disappear in the wild than in the environment you describe...
edit on 5-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What did he do to get life in prison?

And when are we going to trade out the nice animals for the psychopaths and sociopaths that we let run our governments, instead?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

The chimp is a she...she did nothing and is not in a prison....she is in a zoo...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Zoos create an awareness of these animals who would otherwise be forgotten about or, of course, worse. Some zoos are very nice and i would imagine the animals are happy there. No competition, no danger and get your food handed to you...not so bad considering poaching or getting eaten.

In our civilization we need to either **** or get off the pot in regards to wild animals. Working with animals, including fish, is good to learn about how ecosystems REALLY work. Many people read about but actually have little understanding unless they spent time with them.

My own viewpoint is pretty drastic. I would seriously consider a program to deal with dangerous creatures or living things that are harmful to humans and other animals.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The video makes me realize I am in a prison too, and I cannot see it for what it is, all I want is the proverbial biscuit....

Just can you please give me that biscuit?

and my day is done...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

Originally posted by Muckster

What i find sad and disturbing is that we can take a magnificent and sentient lifeform and turn it into a freak show for our own pleasure and entertainment.

Peace

look you are being soft and really misguided with your soppy nonsense.

MAN is the master of the planet and we can do what we like.

who is going to stop us?

tell me.

no one can stop us. no one.

we can do what we like.

NO ONE stop us.

we have the power.

i don't understand why people like you keep defending savage beasts who would kill and eat you instantly given the chance.many humans have been killed by monkeys.

they are just dumb machines.

we only need animals for food.

the rest is a lot of liberal rubbish.

this is the worst attempt at a troll post I have seen. Lol weak attempt indeed. Yes you are right in that we are the stewards of this planet but it doesn't mean we devour it whole. What are you going to eat when you have eaten everything there is to eat smart guy. Each other? Lol I bet you get eaten first. Fat juicy plump steak

He may be on the right track although not all i agree with. IF, and i mean if, humans on this planet started off ignorant then maybe we learned from watching animals...and what did we learn from the vicious predators? Well i can rattle off plenty but why even bother?

Why should a bunny rabbit live in fear of being eaten? Why dont we understand and deal with microorganisms that cause strife? Why should a poor baby live with cock roaches and rats? If anyone here thinks thinks this is part of a type one civ. they are mistaken...imho. And the large predators, what did we learn from these beasts? You tell me.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

You would be a fool to consider getting rid of predators...... They are a needed part of the ecosystem. Too many plant eaters going unchecked by predators, means all the plants get eaten, then plant eaters starve out too. Every single living thing plays a role in balancing everything out. When you throw that balance out by wiping our predators, there are always worse reactions within the environment.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Malcher

You would be a fool to consider getting rid of predators...... They are a needed part of the ecosystem. Too many plant eaters going unchecked by predators, means all the plants get eaten, then plant eaters starve out too. Every single living thing plays a role in balancing everything out. When you throw that balance out by wiping our predators, there are always worse reactions within the environment.

I understand that but i think it is up to humans to create safe environments. How to do this? It takes a lot of ingenuity and work but think of the result. If the goal is to create a paradisaical civilization, how to achieve this?

Also, predators cause problems too:

Link: Nature

Grant it, i only skimmed through the link so far but i already knew it is up to humans to provide stewardship for the simple fact that animals lack the capability to do so. Eventually the ecosystem will collapse if left unchecked anyway. There will be extinctions either way, this is what happens.

The nature of humans, in my own understanding, is not of a predator. Look at an infant and toddlers. If we used test subject humans and sit two infants in front of a screen that plays animals of prey over and over and then we take another and play only bunny rabbits hopping in a field, eating carrots and playing what effect will this have? Sure this is a form of some nurturing but this is why we are human, we learn.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Right, because we are experts at creating safe environments, look at our concrete jungles. Oh wait, not so safe afterall. We are humans, not gods, we cannot save all the bunnies. In fact, we are way better at destroying #, than we are at fixing it. We can create bombs that wipe out thousands of people on the first blast, and thousands more due to radiation after effects, yet we cannot make sure every human is fed, clothed, sheltered and safe. Yet you think we can somehow provide all that to all the other animals? Delusion comes to mind.......

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

Right, because we are experts at creating safe environments, look at our concrete jungles. Oh wait, not so safe afterall. We are humans, not gods, we cannot save all the bunnies. In fact, we are way better at destroying #, than we are at fixing it. We can create bombs that wipe out thousands of people on the first blast, and thousands more due to radiation after effects, yet we cannot make sure every human is fed, clothed, sheltered and safe. Yet you think we can somehow provide all that to all the other animals? Delusion comes to mind.......

Reality is not delusional. Let me ask you: If you live in a small area what do you want in that area? Do you want poisonous snakes, rats, bugs that spread diseases. Flies that go from waste to your bowl of cereal. So what do you do? Would you let loose a fox in a small area inhabited by fawn?

Just look on a smaller scale. Humans become products of their environments and after awhile what passes for normal, to them, is not really normal.

What i am saying is so far off in the future anyway, pointless to even bring it up. Is it something to consider? I dont fault the animals, of course. The point is, should survival be a struggle? I really dont think so. Just basic, does it put us on the road to advancing a civilization? Well, it very well may.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

I have plenty of dangerous animals that live here. Snakes, bobcats, wolverines, bears, wolves, coyotes(interbred with wolves), lynx. I live and let live, unless one attacks me, or my chickens(before when I had my girls, obviously I would protect them), then I don't care. I catch insects that get into my house, and let them go back outside. I care for flies, mosquitoes, spiders, ants.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

I have plenty of dangerous animals that live here. Snakes, bobcats, wolverines, bears, wolves, coyotes(interbred with wolves), lynx. I live and let live, unless one attacks me, or my chickens(before when I had my girls, obviously I would protect them), then I don't care. I catch insects that get into my house, and let them go back outside. I care for flies, mosquitoes, spiders, ants.

I think the problem lies with the phrase "my chickens". Since they are your chickens they are to be protected. This is understandable, to a degree. What about the other chickens who only want to live in peace? I just dont understand weaker animals having to live in fear of predators and the reasoning behind it. I think that is a "live and let live" philosophy.

The thing i am trying to get across is a planet devoid of aggression. How can one believe in evolution and not conclude we picked up some bad habits along the way. Look at the skittish squirrel, why should he be afraid or weary of me. Why has the seed of fear been planted, for what purpose? I cannot think of a good one myself. Sure this is radical, what if, scenario. But focus on how a type one civilization would live. And if we have a bad human who harms another do we say "thats just the way he is"? Where did mans inhumanity to man stem from? Barring mental defects (and again we cannot fault nature throwing a curve ball) so we can find ways to cure these maladies, humans are born good.

Think of a wild animal who hunts humans, does not take long for this animal to become the enemy and even in a psychological way. Cannot fault the animal though, this is his nature - yet sooner or later the beast will end up dead and through violent means.

I will tell you i dont hurt any animals, dont hunt or fish either. I support humans to love all animals.I have no problem admitting i cannot even watch the abused animal commercials, i close my eyes. Nothing compared to those who help these poor animals. This is the springboard for us to love the downtrodden, those who have fallen on hard times.

I understand hunting and fishing and have no problem with others doing it and populations grow too large and end up starving too.

Now can i look into a beasts eyes and show the beast how to love? For if i cannot what does that tell me?

I will just leave this to science to figure out. What i am saying is paradise here on earth is attainable, within our grasp. Now that monkey in the video may have found a little piece of paradise. With creatures who love him or her.

Just too much to say and too easily misconstrued so we live on a planet with danger. Yin and yang (en.wikipedia.org...), but then can we truly understand the good with no knowledge of the bad? I think so. Then again if all you smelled was roses would you lose the appreciation? Would it make you sick (not speaking to anyone in particular, generalizing). Granted, i can be wrong about all this. This is the lite version, made for prime time and we are just not ready. It is interesting that we recognize danger when it applies to us. What would Jesus say about my proposals? I am not really sure. So we sit here picking off the bad. Can a bird truly be free if it has to worry about being eaten. Whos idea of freedom is this?
edit on 6-8-2012 by Malcher because: Yin and yang spelled wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join