It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimpanzee 'asks' zoo visitors to free him

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by veranda
Even if the chimp was pointing at the berries, the fact that those people interpreted it to be a cry for help and still mock it is heartless.

Agreed 100%. That's the most disturbing part. It doesn't matter what he was actually motioning for... the people thought he wanted out, and it was funny to them. To me, that's a perfect demonstration of what is wrong with people in the world.

I've only been to a couple of zoos in my life. I have a hard time with them because I tend to be a little more *sensitive* to their situation. The last time I went to a zoo (and I have vowed it will be my last time) there was a huge gorilla section. I felt like they were sooo sad. They looked sad, and I empathized with them. Ended up so upset and sobbing so hard that I had to leave.

We're only a few gene mutations away from being the ones behind the display case.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the chimp is clearly pointing at the orange berries on the floor.

he's hungry and motioning for food.

Yup this how i saw it
the human is just trolling the poor monkey
making fun of him that he wants to get out
while he wanted to orange thing near the glass

This Chimp have way more IQ then this guy
thats one thing im 100% sure

wish they could inverse the roles here
the chimp wouldnt be so crual and dump if this human was in the cage
edit on 8/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It appears to me that he wants to be let out. I have never seen a chimp that serious about anything before. He clearly was trying to communicate something important. When I go to a Zoo the chimps don`t care what the visitors are doing. They are usually engrossed in their own little monkey world. He fella was different. They should have opened up the window. The worst that could have happened is that they get thrown out of the Zoo. There are plenty of other Zoos in the UK to visit.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

said it a million times on this site ,

we will be punished and purged from existence for what we have done to other living creatures on this planet.

its only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
We don't even respect other humans, how can you expect humans respecting non-humans ?
There is a saying that says "there will be no peace between humans as long as there are slaughterhouses for animals", and you can invert that by saying that as long as there are wars between humans, there will be no respect for other sentient beings.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

#ing devastating.

This is why I do not frequent zoos.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
I can assure you if i had been there this would have gone directly to animal rescue or the rspca.

Well now you have a copy of the video what's stopping you?

I agree with you tho the way we treat them is BS. What's the matter with observing them in their natural habitat? I mean If you can't afford to go to their natural habitat to observe them then you can watch them on TV. I think imprisoning them for our amusement is wrong.

-Alien

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think it is a mixture of both. It would like the orange thing on the floor outside the glass, and it trying to tell them it wants it, and begins to explain in its own way how to open the glass, possibly, in order to help them give it to him/her. Don't think it is actually asking for freedom to be honest.

I don't find anything bad with zoos, they are useful in some instances of keeping some endangered species alive still. A lot of these animals if suddenly freed in to the wild wouldn't even really be able to cope anyway.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
That's not what I got from the video. It appeared to me the Chimp wanted the food to be given to him and was showing the guy how to maybe open the glass and put it in his hand.....

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
I can assure you if i had been there this would have gone directly to animal rescue or the rspca.

Well now you have a copy of the video what's stopping you?

-Alien

Well I live in Australia and the Zoo/prison is in Wales...

Slight road block.

although if someone from wales would like to go make an official protest I will support it in any way I can.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
it could be worse he might be in a research lab or be eaten by humans as bushmeat .life in jail and he /she was not guilty of any crime these animals should be given protected status ....
but what are the chances of that from a creature that thinks it is civilized

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
People need to get off their high horses. Many times the animals in zoos or facilities aren't able to survive in the wild. Should the lion that some idiot decided to raise/abuse and has something wrong with it just be put down instead of living a somewhat comfortable and full life just so people can feel "good" about themselves?

There are numerous species that are endangered should we just let them go extinct without even trying to save them? When it comes to circuses or places that do mistreat animals that is a horrible thing.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Starred and Flagged.

Gosh, don't get me going on this one

Most people have never grown up around animals nor really REALLY paid full attention to them.

Don't ever read Dominion The Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals, and the Call to Mercy by Matthew Scully and Eternal Treblinka, Our Treatment of Animls and the holocaust by Charles Patterson.

I myself boycott zoos and circuses, however, with zoos, most animals live twice as long as their wild counterparts, although not happily as most migrating and wandering animals, (wolves, bears,bison, dolphins, whales, etc) are use to traveling hundreds/thousands of miles and the zoo/circus enclosures usually drive many of the animals neurologically insane.

In that video it was clear to me who was the smarter of the two and it wasn't the human.

I prefer the company of animals, vs people - people are cruel just for the fun of it - animals only are cruel when they are hungry or feel threatened, not usually for sport.

My one dog is a puppy mill rescue

Six hours away from being put into a gassing box in Georgia she spent the first six years of her life in solitary confinement say for when "Eddie" would put a male in with her to breed more puppies for $$$$$. When Lucy turned six, this AH turned her over to a high kill shelter which is common for southerners to do with Pointers and Greyhounds. It has taken us two years to show Lucy how to be a family member. She now no longer cowers when we go to pet, hug or kiss her.

So many dogs and cats just left to rot in cages, roam or killed simply because people don't take responsibility and practice good stewardship.

Scruffy was luckier, he was also a shelter dog whose family had to move into an apartment that wouldn't accept dogs so they put him in a shelter.

Adopt, spay and neuter and boycott companies that use animals in testing.

And no I'm not a vegetarian, I eat chicken but I know who I get my chicken from and they are organic, free range and killed humanely and I eat very little chicken.

Many humans do not realize that they are not the only precious life form on this planet.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
98% identical DNA, and yet one ape is in a cage. Human arrogance will never change.

My own race disgusts me... I beat my head against the concrete mantle of this barren planet.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

That was a cool video indeed....also kind of funny how at one point the chimp looks as if he knows the guy is just playing with him and not taking his request seriously haha....very cool

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the chimp is clearly pointing at the orange berries on the floor.

he's hungry and motioning for food.

I totally agree with you on this one.
As far as I know, pointing in to the palm of ones hand is the sign for wanting more of something. At least in ASL.
The Chimpanzee clearly points at the fruit on the ground and says, give me more of that.

Though I am still against Zoos and I would never visit one since I think it is a horrible concept.

Chimpanzees are beautiful beings and it is wrong to keep them locked up like this.
edit on 5-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: that d*#n grammar.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have mixed emotions about zoos. I'm afraid that without them, certain species would be extinct. The sad part is the virus just keeps growing and spreading (virus = human species) and we will inevitably destroy all natural habitat for these marvelous creatures...do we let them die or try to save them...even if the saving isn't such a great place to live,

I don't know...I wish it wasn't this way but I don't think our population is going to suddenly stop growing.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

As I watched this (before I read anything) my heart went from a feeling of wonderment to- "that poor bas has resorted to emulating the tourists (their gestures for ten plus years)- in order to formulate an ESCAPE, to be free again.

Star for sharing the video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join