It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero.. More relevant today than ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The Maya prophesied the period of 1992 - 2012 as a 'time of no time'. Terrence Mckenna's computer program Timewave Zero takes data from the Chinese I-Ching and spits out a graph or timeline which we can use to map out the ebb and flow of time itself and our human history. I myself have posted a thread on Timewave Zero as have others but this video hasn't got its own thread and it deserves one.
As soon as I get the internet sorted on my laptop again I'm going to download the TWZ program and draw correlations between current events and the timeline. For this I will write up a bumper thread full of juicy data and speculation

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
He came up with that theory before he knew about the Mayan calendar. When he learned of it, he changed his graph to fit the whole 2012 thing. I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can pull something like that and expect people to take it seriously.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Terrence Mckenna was a brilliant thinker. His Timewave theory intrigued me, especially when I first learned of it; but that said, I don't believe it to be accurate.

It's definitely true that a technological singularity seems to be on the horizon. In the wake of a computing age, advances are speeding up exponentially; and eventually we'll have quantum/sentient super-intelligent computers that can design & build even more powerful computers. Like a staircase of of rapid spontaneous evolution, eventually reaching the point where a computer exist that is either omniscient, or existing outside of space-time. Who knows if there is a limit to knowledge, information, & the possibilities.

So in some sense I agree with his idea that a singularity is approaching; what exactly will happen then I can't say. But I don't believe it will be occurring by the end of this year.... it just seems too early.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

That's Terrence McKenna for ya. Although this video is especially trippy; if you listen to some of his lectures it becomes a fascinating thing to see into the mind of a psychonaut/philosopher. He has a gift for articulating theories of human origin, our link to consciousness & the metaphysical; combined with deep assessments of sociological/cultural aspects.
edit on Sat Aug 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

I made that same observation in the other thread the OP made mention of ... like come on really, you have a "great" computer program that has one end date but then need to change it to correlate to another end date on information that was already available?!? Really very entertaining...can't wait until after the 8th when nothing happens and the believers can disregard it all together.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
None of it matters. I wish it did, but it doesn't. We're all doomed thanks to the wonderful use of nuclear power to boil water and the arrogance of the Government/Industries that believed themselves capable of deciding what is and is not reasonable and safe. Hug your kids. It's over.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

I made that same observation in the other thread the OP made mention of ... like come on really, you have a "great" computer program that has one end date but then need to change it to correlate to another end date on information that was already available?!? Really very entertaining...can't wait until after the 8th when nothing happens and the believers can disregard it all together.

His work was genuine. He's dead now god rest his soul.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

His work was genuine. He's dead now god rest his soul.

I believe his original ending date was in late november, 2012. After he found out about the very similar correlations between TWZ and the mayan calendar, he adjusted to make his end point closer to 12/21/2012, instead of something like 11/29/2012.

That in no way discredits him, as so many habitual scoffers at such things would have one think. The fact that he got so close to another date without knowing about it originally is to his credit, not his debt.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

"His work was genuine"...says who?

Did his graph dip significantly on the day of his death?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

By that thinking....if last night's lottery numbers were 12, 30, 06, 44 and 66, and my numbers were 11, 29, 05, 43 and 65 does that make me something special...nope ,lol.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

"His work was genuine"...says who?

Did his graph dip significantly on the day of his death?

The death of one man due to cancer is not a novel event, which is what TWZ is supposed to track. Thousands die to cancer every day, and 160,000 people die on average per day for one reason or another.

Your quip is nonsensical in light of the above fact, and suffers from a severe lack of understanding over what you are quipping over.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

By that thinking....if last night's lottery numbers were 12, 30, 06, 44 and 66, and my numbers were 11, 29, 05, 43 and 65 does that make me something special...nope ,lol.

Again, more nonsense. Your premise paints one date as a "winner", and all others as "losers" and you argue from there, which among other flaws, if true, is impossible to know since those dates are still in the future, thus attempting to use that premise at this time is ridiculous.

You fail at scoffing (intelligently).
edit on 8/4/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Maybe you should ask yourself again who understands what here...let me point you in the right direction..

Timewave Zero theory/computer program has as much truth in it as a palm reader at your local carnival

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I am a great fan of Terence and I can see why he experimented with the I Ching differently from the way it is used in Asia. Also, he was convinced by his "spirits" in his journeys that 2012 was the end. Yet this is not the part that intrigues me about him lately.
It IS possible that there is something about events unfolding in a fractal sequence based on the simple order of hexagrams. I'd say it would be like a new pattern of astrology without stars.

However, when I looked at the historical research behind the TWZ program I found it completely Eurocentric or better to say, Western-centric. The corollary of this may be that something is happening out there that changes the role of the West, and not the end of the world.

Perhaps it was useful from a developmental-spiritual POV for a number of years for a lot of people to live with the idea of a fundamental change or an "end of this world."
Let's not forget he died in 2000.
At that point I also found this partly believeable.
But if you have some calculations with the rhythm of historical dates, please give us an excerpt.
All I can say at this point is that while ten people are shot in a Western town, it makes all the headlines, but while thousands are massacred in the Congo, no one in the Western MSM says anything...

The Fall of the Roman Empire (Western then the Eastern) was a cardinal point in TWZ as I recall it, but there was very little about India or China. Which is understandable since a lot of this type of recording was developed in the West more than other places on Earth.

But our "journalistic history" is still very much concerned with our own civilization. So many things you come up with the actual application of TWZ may be only applicable to the (separate) history of the West.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the West is dying, but it may be gradually over as a separate history line - with all the migrations and the global use of technology.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

You mentioned i ching and i just tried it out what do you think of the results?

This hexagram implies that a huge transition is underway; however, it has not been completed yet. Chaos has not yet turned to order. Be patient. Spring time is near and soon new growth will sprout up. For a long time you have sought the end of confusion and a dawn of new clarity. This is your higher purpose, and the way to accomplish this task is to lead yourself out of confusion first. The world is a reflection of your state of mind and understandings. All outer change begins inside you. Oppositional forces stand no chance against those who are secure in their inner purpose. Step forward knowing that everything required for this mission is within you.

www.ifate.com...
edit on 4-8-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

btw the question was Am i jesus

I think everyone should follow my path and see what the great i ching tells us.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Found another great TWZ video that was made recently about Aug 4th - 8th and Aug 30th. Informative.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Why creating a new thread when 2 of them ( and pretty big ) already exist? Add something to one of the following threads:

" Timewave Zero a closer look "

" Timewave Zero countdown to transition "

You can find them on " search " on above top secret.

Oh, and good luck with trolls and skeptics.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

top topics

join