It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone pay attention to the novelty of timewave zero on the date of the colorado shooting?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by adrift

In a previous post, you stated that many here were missing the mark in trying to explain this theory. I've been hoping that you would elaborate, to help us try and clear up the confusion? But now I get the impression that you are implying the whole concept is nonsensical? Seems to go against what you said earlier? Could you please expand on what you mean?

There are several threads, one over 200 pp long, right here on ATS for you to read and select which explanations you deem are correct. The Timewave is a complex theorem which took McKenna several pps to explain himself. I would suggest that first you become thorough.y acquainted with I Ching.

In this thread, I see only one other person who understands I Ching hence understands [the failings of] Timewave. MOF, in all the threads on ATS the number of posters who truly understand Novelty much less the TW/I Ching concept are far and few between.

Is it nonsensical? Is a theorem that has failed more times than one can count anything but?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RongoRongo

If I understood you correctly, then you are saying when one fully understands the I-Ching, the shortcomings of TWZ will become apparent?

I guess the part that still confuses me is when you state that the theorem is bogus, yet at the same time you say true understanding is few and far between. That seems paradoxical to me.

But thank you, I will definitely look through the older threads on ATS and try to learn more about both subjects. Thanks for your reply

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrift
reply to post by RongoRongo

If I understood you correctly, then you are saying when one fully understands the I-Ching, the shortcomings of TWZ will become apparent?

I guess the part that still confuses me is when you state that the theorem is bogus, yet at the same time you say true understanding is few and far between. That seems paradoxical to me.

But thank you, I will definitely look through the older threads on ATS and try to learn more about both subjects. Thanks for your reply

Here is an excellent response that almost completely sums my position - briefly - on TW/I Ching.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ericthenewbie

I never said I believe, IN FACT my first post in this thread pointed out that I am skeptical of timewave, right near the beginning. I just wanted to show you that in your arrogant post saying nothing major would happen, another mass shooting happened!

Related to timewave? Probably not, but something did happen so you have egg on your face.

Furthermore, I actually made the exact same point as you used to counter me in the same post, here let me quote it for you:

Good observation. I have always been a tad skeptical about time wave zero but as and when these high profile events happen, I think it's always worth checking out. My only problem with it is the fact that there is is carnage the world over that we don't hear about. Ya know, Afghanistan, Syria etc. Might be worth checking out the timewave to massacres in other countries too. If this programme actually has some grit then it will not be exclusive to the western world.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yeah, at this point I'm not grasping how mass shootings are novel in any way. Sadly they are becoming pretty standard fare...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by adrift

One huge caveat. It will take a very concerted effort to sort out TW and more to understand I Ching. Enjoy your journey for it will be exactly that.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RongoRongo
reply to post by adrift

One huge caveat. It will take a very concerted effort to sort out TW and more to understand I Ching. Enjoy your journey for it will be exactly that.

Haha, I don't doubt it.

Bookmarked some links for a rainy day....I'll just dabble here and there

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Yeah, at this point I'm not grasping how mass shootings are novel in any way. Sadly they are becoming pretty standard fare...

Which underscored the point of determining novelty, a highly subjective term which McKenna laid absolutely no firm groundwork we can use to discern it. Novelty is not only an event it is also a sequence of events (persistence) and evolves from the reversal of habit.

WTF ever that means.

Then we have this

"Well, by my understanding of this [TW] theory, there can be no misses. In other words, it's not a statistical theory, we're not okay if we're right two-thirds of the time, so we have to be right all of the time."~Mckenna (Art Bell Interview 1997-05-22

We have boo-coop examples the theory is wrong without argument. No telling what points and dates are considered novel...or not.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReleaseThePressure
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Could the novelty have to do with the Curiosity mission?
I'm sure there are a couple of firsts there

A cursory glance at the news of the day for August 5th, 2012 will reveal what is of course the most important news event of that day & IT IS INDEED, the Curiosity missions' successful landing.

Good call

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

People have been predicting end times for every month of the year since time immemorial. I take absolutley nothing from this guys little timewave theory.

The only thing you can be rest assured of is taxes, death, and tyranny

I am the Prophet Foodstamp, don't forget what I told you! And when one of the three comes to be, send me a check...Or more foodstamps. I take both, after all, I'm not greedy
edit on 8/6/1212 by foodstamp because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I'm not sure how you can claim I have egg on my face? You simply picked a headline and tried to use that as an "event" that corresponded with this timewave zero theory (which you never elaborated on by the way)..."events" happen every day all over the world, what makes the WI any different from the other "events" ?

I would conclude that you are the arrogant one in this thread as you claim you are skeptical of the theory and then post a subjective "event" as a claim to prove the theory...which is it...you believe or you don't ?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Touche, you make a good point.

I really didn't think anything of significance would happen either but I would never be so bold as to claim for certain that nothing would happen. Then, the following day I check ATS and see another mass shooting I thought 'uh, another one?'

Then I thought of you!

Seriously though, I completely agree about the incidents world wide that we don't hear about that are probably far worse than a handful of people getting shot by a lone gunman(hence my first post). It's very easy to feel that if it didn't happen in the west, it doesn't count.

30 odd years of programming is hard to shake, wouldn't you agree? My sh*t filter is strong but not impenetrable.

Again, I will never say for certain that something will or will not happen, I'm not god.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BreathMint

Doesn't fly. There were dips for wars, both World Wars FI, and they weren't "never-before-seen".
edit on 6-8-2012 by BreathMint because: (no reason given)

Am I understanding you right? You are saying that both world wars should not be considered never-before-seen?

I am not arguing the validity of the model I am just commenting on the topic at hand given the information presented by the OP. If everyone did that this would be about 2 pages instead of 6 or so. I just felt that a few things needed to be pointed out as some people are reading the graph backwards or misinterpreting what it is trying to show.

It is interesting to find correlations with things in all topics on this site, there is always some argument against it. I just wish I didn't have to read through all the off topic arguing that goes on. See you in a couple more years...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

he saw it as more of a guidance system for time machines. he says it in one of his videos. I'll look for one where he mentions that but until then this one may help you understand what he's talking about

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join