It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun of God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"[They believe that] the tree-dwelling ancestors of man were among the most intelligent beings of their distant age.

And when these creatures finally abandoned the trees and walked fully upright, freeing their hands to serve as implements of their minds as well as their bodies, there began the most successful evolutionary drive toward higher intelligence ever witnessed in Nature.

The steps in the development, of man's brain are revealed by the progressively larger braincases which appeared with the passage of centuries. Basing our judgment on the improvements in tools and weapons which took place as the intelligence of their inventors increased, we can construct some of the ways in which natural selection may have worked to bring about a doubling in size of the human brain.

"Many edible nuts are too hard for even a caveman to crack between his teeth. Accordingly, they were useless to early man, until some genius of his day discovered that any nut could be opened if it were just placed up on one stone and stuck hard with another. Better fed, the family of this innovator proliferated while the others died off.

Perhaps centuries later, while a man sat cracking nuts between two stones, one stone broke and the broken edge cut his hand. Previously, men in the same situation had thrown the broken stone away and nursed their cuts. But this man, this man started thinking. He possessed an original thought. Since the edge had cut through his skin and drawn blood, it might also cut through the skin of the small animals he caught, making it easier to get at the meat. The first knife was invented! He and those close to him, and those intelligent enough to imitate him, increased in number and the rest died off. They had a cutting tool which made it possible for them to skin and eat meat in less time, so they had more time for hunting. Many of the descendants of this exceptional man became increasingly skillful at breaking and chipping hard stones into sharper tools and weapons.

'However incomplete our knowledge of human ancestry, there [was] scarcely any doubt that the development of brain power, of intelligence, was the decisive force in the evolutionary process which culminated in the appearance of the species to which we belong. Natural selection [they believe] has brought about the evolutionary trends towards increasing brain power because brain power confers enormous adaptive advantages on its possessors. It is obviously brain power, not body power, which makes man, by far, the most successful, biological species which living matter has produced.' [quote from Theodosius G. Dobzhansky's book, Evolution, Genetics and Man]

Even with man's new weapons and tools it did not take him very long to decide that in this world the single greatest enemy to be feared was the darkness of night, and all the unknown dangers that came with it. Simply stated, 'Man's First Enemy was DARKNESS.'

Understanding this one fact alone, one can readily see why the greatest and most trustworthy friend the human race could ever have was, by far, heaven's greatest gift to the world...that Glorious Rising Orb of Day [the Sun].

And with this simple truth understood, we can now begin to unravel the most ancient, and still the most successful, religion upon the face of this earth. Its success lies in its ability to remain hidden from the rest of the people. But first, let me assure you, folks, that no people of the ancient world believed that the Sun to be God. In point of fact, every ancient culture and nation on earth have all used the Sun as the most logically appropriate symbol to represent the glory of the unseen creator of the heavens. In the Old Testament, it says, “The heavens are declaring the glory of God.” That's in Psalms 19, verse 1. In the Old Testament, “The sun of righteousness will arise.” Malachi, chapter 4, verse 2.

The ancient peoples reasoned that no one on Earth could ever lay claim of ownership to the Great Orb of Day. It must belong to the unseen Creator of the Universe...[It became], figuratively speaking, not man's, but 'GOD'S SUN'. Truly, 'God's Sun/Son was...THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.

For without the sun, there was no light, there was no warmth, and nothing could grow or live upon the face of this earth. So, just as a small fire brought limited light into man's own little world of darkness, likewise, the great fire of day served the whole earth with its heavenly presence. For this reason, it was said that the God of the Bible was a consuming fire in heaven, and so he was.

Ancient man even with his limited intelligence at that time had no problem understanding that all life on Earth depended directly on life-giving energy from the Sun. Consequently, all life was lost without the sun. It followed that God's 'Sun' was nothing less than [man's savior].

Since...energy from the Sun gave life, and we sustained our very existence by taking energy in from our food (which came directly from God’s Sun), the Sun must give up its life supporting energy so that we may continue to live. 'God’s Sun [must give] his life for us to live.'"

I know that if you are intelligent out there listening, you are making some connections here..."

- William Cooper

deceivedworld.blogspot.co.uk... ers-mystery-babylon-part-01.html

edit on 4-8-2012 by toocoolnc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

conjecture from another site...

Did you have an opinion on these not profound words..?

Or, are you toocool in NC to comment..?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I believe that Coopers words are very very profound.

A lot of what he says seems to fit into my own understanding of how things are.

This thread is for those who may want an alternative view. No one said you have to believe any of it.

As Cooper says in his own words:

"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research."

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is the astrotheology of whassis name , the darkling overlord like Sitchin .

If he was revealing al this , wouldnt they come and perform some sacrifice with his blood or whatever ?

When it comes to demystification - the resultant answer gained from previous evidence make the solution downright simple . Not 58 minutes worth of making detailed connections which exist nevertheless , without need for theories on it .
Sun of God - come on its just wordplay , really silly . Just cos Zeitgeist is dramatic doesnt make it all true .
Far from it . Alot of it isnt . IMO this is rubbish potentially conceived with a purpose behind it . It very much neglects factual evidence and the literal sources . It tries... to overturn long held truths about theology, one s which do not deserve to be overturned by or for , pure amateurs

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This concept is so simple. It has been right there in front of us for so long, yet every religion puts their own little twist on it. All religion is similar in vast ways and we should focus on the similarities not the differences. War is a disagreement of another's way of life (religion) and is unnecessary because we all share the same god, whatever you want to call it. Very cool OP. Thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Bill was in the Order of DeMolay (an international youth organization for young men) AKA "kindergarten for Satanism." Bill was very spiritually deluded and that would happen when you were a De Molay boy.

Bill Cooper exposed the forces BEHIND religion but was ultimately brainwashed by it. He had a difficult time distinguishing truth from fantasy. I love Cooper, but he was wrong about there being no true Church.

He was a good guy that meant well, yet was entirely blinded by his faith in an Illuminati created religion...

Below links are all YouTube videos:

Bill Cooper Debunked - Chapter 1 - His Background
Bill Cooper Debunked - Chapter 2 - His Failed Predictions and False Claims
Bill Cooper Debunked - Cooper Attacks the Bible and Apostles! - Part 3
Spiritual Roots of DeMolay

edit on 4-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
This is the astrotheology of whassis name , the darkling overlord like Sitchin .

If he was revealing al this , wouldnt they come and perform some sacrifice with his blood or whatever ?

Sun of God - come on its just wordplay , really silly . Just cos Zeitgeist is dramatic doesnt make it all true .
Far from it . Alot of it isnt . IMO this is rubbish potentially conceived with a purpose behind it . It very much neglects factual evidence and the literal sources . It tries... to overturn long held truths about theology, one s which do not deserve to be overturned by or for , pure amateurs

Why a blood sacrifice? What exactly would this accomplish?

Sun of God, yes, of course. Who's sun did you thnk it was?

What factual evidence? - elaborate please.

Long held truths about theology? Who's truths?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Bill was in the Order of DeMolay (an international youth organization for young men) AKA "kindergarten for Satanism." Bill was very spiritually deluded and that would happen when you were a De Molay boy.

Below links are all YouTube videos:

Bill Cooper Debunked - Chapter 1 - His Background
Bill Cooper Debunked - Chapter 2 - His Failed Predictions and False Claims
Bill Cooper Debunked - Cooper Attacks the Bible and Apostles! - Part 3
Spiritual Roots of DeMolay

edit on 4-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

Sorry but a few YouTube vidoes cannot 'debunk' such a simple and logical concept.
edit on 4-8-2012 by Xavier85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavier85
Sorry but a few YouTube vidoes cannot 'debunk' such a simple and logical concept.[

The videos were not meant to debunk anything.

They were meant for those who are looking for the TRUTH.

If you seek the truth, you must HUNT for it diligently because it has been carefully hidden behind many lies.

No one is going to spoon feed it to you.

Only YOU can debunk the lies that all of us have been deceived with throughout history.

No one can do that for you.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Son of God / Sun of God.

Genius. How could I not have seen this before?
...and the ridiculous thing is, I never knew the ancients spoke English!

seriously, does he think we're stupid? This ridiculous theory and wordplay REQUIRES ENGLISH to work... not to mention some clever artistic license with bible verses.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

IMO this is rubbish potentially conceived with a purpose behind it

The only purrpose behind this is to portray an alternative view.

If you believe that this is rubbish then i have no objection against that as it is 'Your' belief', but let me inform you; People have different beliefs.

reply to post by Murgatroid

Bill was very spiritually deluded and that would happen when you were a De Molay boy.

If you say so.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research." - William Cooper

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Thats sounding like we're getting entitled to our own beleifs now . Thats a very silly concept for babies , on here we are supposed to be past that , you'd hope . So good if you put this subject to be broken down , which has occured fairly effectively so far .
There is a great difference between beleif and fact , between assumption and evidence , between delusion and full clarity .
So very many assumptions are made here , going well beyond the points where an educated person would normally stop the speaker and question him hard of points of fact.
But people want yo to lock yourself to 2 hours of zeitgeist or hour of _their internet drawl . To the point there is no way out , and people obviously suffer delusions from it - theres no way for them to gain factual evidence from this source , none . Because what he says and astrotheology is not fact , not at all . ITs , unfortunately , 'rubbish' . It assumes the predecessors were really very stupid , as stupid as those who think they know whats written in a book , without reading it properly, and then they think they know why that it is written there too .
Audacity extreme audacity then is a trait of the unsound in mind , and this example is not to be followed . I do not recommend it to you . Simply on grounds of your own health .

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc
"

Understanding this one fact alone, one can readily see why the greatest and most trustworthy friend the human race could ever have was, by far, heaven's greatest gift to the world...that Glorious Rising Orb of Day [the Sun].

And with this simple truth understood, we can now begin to unravel the most ancient, and still the most ..

These are highly dangerous statements , made with a seeming of parallel intent . Why's it become the GROB all of a sudden ? He's not hyping his theories much is he . No offense but , he is seeking to put similitude fallacies onto gullible readers . Vast ultrasimplification for the very simply minded , indeed .

What would Plato make of this ? Its laughable , honestly .

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
To answer the other poster there is an entire lack of self-critique or critical thinking in this persons opinions which he has put as fact . There is also an assumption that no one has done any research , or knows very well the text or contexts which he is prepared to rip off as an evolutionist .
He has not provided any sources or further reading to support his views . He apparently demystifies what was not even apparent in the first place . Creating maximum confusion for others , and to himself , obviously
He claims he has secretised knowledge which never existed in the first place . He calls in dead nd finished orders of priests or similar cults and sects , they dont even exist , or anymore .
He gets quickly to the point where ridiculous meets suspicious , especially on the subject title and with the links this type of theory - astrotheology has to rip-off merchants who write slanderous books which make a nonsense out of the truth.
I hope thats put things straight a bit for you .

I have met the odd paranoid schizophrenic , and maybe he has got that ,
he finds his truth , anywhere he looks ,
or maybe telling big fat lies gets him off .
Who knows

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
William Cooper was a nut. I loved listening to him on shortwave, and even have a copy of "Behold a Pale Horse" around here some place, but he was waaaaaaay beyond the bend. I don't think he ever heard a conspiracy theory he didn't like, even when it was contradictory to other theories he also supported.

The only guy I liked listening to more than Cooper was Dr. Gene Scott, who was also a font of bizarre theories on religion and would rant for hours on some minor aspect of them, broken only by periodic "Get on the phones" silences to drive his followers to call in and give him cash to continue. He'd sit there reading a book or glaring at the camera until enough people called in, classic stuff, lol.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

One word: (Esotericism)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

I dont see where your fully coming from? where are we to get facts in regards to our earely ancestors developing original thought. surely there wont be a factual statement describing when, where and which primate (if you believe in evolution) first used original thought.

The reason for this was that there was no-one around to record this event.

so instead, we theorise.

Unless of course you completely dismiss it in turn for creationism.

Cooper is trying to come to a rational, logical conclusion based on evolution that supports the most successful evolutionary drive toward higher intelligence.

At no point does he say that this information is true. it is a theory. he chooses to use this theory as it seems most applicable in regards to what he portrays as the teachings of the mystery schools.

what i wanted was some opinions on the subject.

but instead of opinions, you'd rather question the purpose of the theory rarther than elaborate upon it.

you agenda seems to be to completly dismiss this theory.

Are people no longer allowed to theorise?

Oh sorry I forgot. I didnt know I needed a degree to theorise.

It tries... to overturn long held truths about theology, ones which do not deserve to be overturned by or for , "pure amateurs"

It assumes the predecessors were really very stupid , as stupid as those who think they know whats written in a book , without reading it properly, and then they think they know why that it is written there too .

well that would depend upon your definition of stupid. if by stupid you mean the lack in intellect then yes, our predecessors were stupid. unless of course you are assuming that they were in fact very clever?

also dont forget, books can be read esoterically. this means that they can have more that one interpretation.

And yes, I believe that those who blindly follow a book without applying any logic are also stupid.

edit on 4-8-2012 by toocoolnc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Cooper is trying to come to a rational, logical conclusion based on evolution that supports the most successful evolutionary drive toward higher intelligence.

The problem is that you've selected a lunatic as your mentor on this issue.

I wasn't joking earlier -- Cooper was openly ridiculed for his willingness to apparently believe anything. Nazi moon bases weren't something he shied away from. If he was ever right about anything, it would be the result of simple chance, as he never differentiated between fantasy and reality.

I was very saddened to hear about his death, but wasn't surprised in the least. His mental issues killed him every bit as much as those deputy sheriff's bullets did.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I wasn't joking earlier -- Cooper was openly ridiculed for his willingness to apparently believe anything. Nazi moon bases weren't something he shied away from. If he was ever right about anything, it would be the result of simple chance, as he never differentiated between fantasy and reality.

To be honest, I dont care what Cooper was openly ridiculed for.

At least he did not hold back information. He shared it with whoever wanted to take an interest.

And to be honest, I dont consider him to be a lunatic, not even the slightest.

I dont think that speculating about nazi moon bases is something that makes you a lunactic.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

To be honest, I dont care what Cooper was openly ridiculed for.

At least he did not hold back information. He shared it with whoever wanted to take an interest.

And to be honest, I dont consider him to be a lunatic, not even the slightest.

I dont think that speculating about nazi moon bases is something that makes you a lunactic.

All that tells me is that you ignored his "don't believe me until you've researched it yourself" proclamation (which he constantly spouted, despite never citing any sources that would let you do any research, lol,) because you don't know who William Cooper is.

You can buy Behold a Pale Horse from Amazon, direct to your Kindle or as hard copy here. I'd suggest you start your investigation of who William Cooper is with his seminal work.

He didn't hold back information, no. He also didn't bother to review it, in anything approaching a meaningful fashion. He took in every conspiracy theory, no matter how baseless, and shot it back to his listeners. It's what made him endearing... like I said, I used to listen to him every week on "Hour of the Time", and always looked forward to it.

And, yes, speculating about Nazi moon bases makes you a lunatic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join