It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tethered Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
All righty zen, here is a completely original piece of art by yours truly. I call it Tethered Earth. The basic idea is that in the far future, earth has become tethered to the sun along with all the planets in the solar system.

I realize that science would never allow for it, but then again, this is not about science, it's about the image. And the inspiration came to me one day when I was at a park with a friend and we noticed some kids playing tether ball. That's when it hit me, if a very high technological society can make a Dyson Sphere, why can't it figure out a an alternate system that would connect all the planets in one straight long to the sun. I think that in the end it would be more efficient to transfer energy and supplies. At least, that's the original idea.

I warn you I'm not a professional artist like you would see on the Concept Ships blog. I would love to be able to do work of that quality.

So here you are, Tethered Earth:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
i thought there'd be more interest in this.

Ah well.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I like it, and the concept is interesting. Somehow making an bridge for energy. Awesome!

join