It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China finds 12 new underwater relic sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

China say they have discovered 12 new underwater cultural relics sites near the Xisha Islands in the South China Sea.

Archaeologists examining 12 known cultural relic sites and 12 new sites collected relics including ancient pottery and porcelain wares, copper coins and boat parts, Li Jilong of the cultural heritage bureau of Hainan province said.

www.upi.com...
news.xinhuanet.com...

Can't find any more information besides this short text of Xinhua.
And some copies of it in the western media.

Is anyone able to find more details....maybe some photos??

Satellite image of the islands

BTW: wasn't there an archaeology-forum on ATS...or am I wrong?

edit on 4.8.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nice find, OP, star and flag.

If there was an archaeology forum, that's pretty much where I would spend my time, as well.

I firmly believe that there is a massive coverup of the true human timeline in the archaelogical community, the biggest conspiracy theory of our time that almost noone is talking about.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
If there was an archaeology forum, that's pretty much where I would spend my time, as well.

I firmly believe that there is a massive coverup of the true human timeline in the archaelogical community, the biggest conspiracy theory of our time that almost noone is talking about.

Agreed!

We really need an archaeology forum!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grobi77

Well we do have Ancient& Lost Civilizations.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Nice find, OP, star and flag.

There IS an Archaeology forum. It's titled Ancient and Lost Civilizations:
ATS Ancient and Lost Civilizations Forum

Lots of good articles, threads, and speculation on a ton of topics.

As for conspiracies in Archaeology, there really aren't any. There's bad archaeology of the sort that Eric Von Daniken, and many others that have zero experience or academic facility and training, get involved with.

All in all,however, there's digs around the world, all over the place underway that are always happy to have a helping hand pitch in for those that don't mind getting a bit dirty.
There's sites all over the world, open to the public, free and readily available for anyone of any distinction to examine.
If there were some big conspiracy, none of this would be on display and open to the public.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

okay...that would be adequate for this thread.
Mods, please move....thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This could be interesting in the coming months/years when they decide to excavate and examine the locations! I'll be keeping a close eye on this one

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
IMHO people, this is just another ploy to engage in the assimilation of the South China Sea.....
This puts China into a whole other culturasl claim on the area.....like declaring a "city" out of an island thats largely unihabitabe....(but has rich fishing grounds around it.)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
As for conspiracies in Archaeology, there really aren't any.

NOTHING could be further from the truth...

Archaeology is a massive fraud and has lied to us about the REAL history of this world.

"The model of human prehistory built-up by scholars over the past two centuries is sadly and completely wrong, and a deliberate tool of disinformation and mind control. ...they demonstrate a systematic destruction of proofs that show another reality than that the official story. Falsifications and even destruction of such proofs has been common for more than two hundred years." LINK

There are FAR too many pieces of evidence that were either buried, lost or just plain lied about over the years: evidence that just so "happens" to get lost

The real agenda behind "Science"

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Listen, your first clue that you are dealing with BS is that you have science and China being displayed in the same sentence. When you add in that it is information coming OUT of China, you have to be VERY suspect.

So....why would China possibly want to make claims of a cultural heritage site in the South China Sea?

news.xinhuanet.com...

BEIJING, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- China expressed its strong dissatisfaction and opposition on the press statement released Friday by the U.S. Department of State on the South China Sea, Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said here Saturday.

The statement "completely ignored the facts, deliberately confounded right and wrong, sending a seriously wrong signal, which is not conducive to the efforts safeguarding the peace and stability of the South China Sea and the Asia Pacific region," Qin said in a statement.

China has indisputable sovereignty over the Nansha Islands and their adjacent waters, and has ample historical basis for this, said Qin.

China set up offices in Xisha, Nansha and Zhongsha Islands, which were affiliated to the Guangdong Province, in 1959, to administrate the three islands and their adjacent waters, said Qin.

"Setting up Sansha city is the Chinese government's necessary adjustment of the current administrative agencies, which is completely within China's sovereignty," he said.

Why does the U.S. turn a blind eye to the facts that certain countries opened a number of oil and gas blocks, and issued domestic laws illegally appropriating Chinese islands and waters? Why does the U.S. avoid talking about the threats of military vessels to Chinese fishermen by certain countries and their unjustified claims of sovereignty rights over Chinese islands? And why do they choose to abruptly express concerns on and fiddle with the issue at a moment when regional countries are enhancing communication and dialogue and trying to solve the disputes and calm the situation? Qin asked.

Ahhh.....that's why.

LOL....Chinese "scientists"....

The science going on in China will never be publicized. If it were, James Baker would be a well known name right now, and we may have a clue with Dr. Ning Li is.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'd like to second the motion put forth by BFFT ..... this is nothing more than a Chinese attempt to create a stronger "claim" for a disputed set of territory. China is trying to bully it's way into control of areas that should belong to other nations. I don't know why people don't see stuff like this happening and protest it vociferously like they would if it was Americans doing this.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I could not agree more. China has significant terrirorial claims un the area and the group of islands (also called the Parcel Islands, I believe) are also claimed by Vietnam, Tiawan and teh Philippines.

China has many terriroral claims. If you have a border with China then you can be sure China has invented some claim to parts of your land.

I would take anything coming from China with a pinch of salt.

Regards

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
When it comes to appropriating and, te Cinese ave more going tan te Isrealis...!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
reply to post by stirling

I could not agree more. China has significant terrirorial claims un the area and the group of islands (also called the Parcel Islands, I believe) are also claimed by Vietnam, Tiawan and teh Philippines.

China has many terriroral claims. If you have a border with China then you can be sure China has invented some claim to parts of your land.

I would take anything coming from China with a pinch of salt.

Regards

Who doesn't have territorial claims? Don't bag so much on the Chinese, yeah there bloody aggressive about there land and what not, but anymore than Israel? But come on, this whole underwater cities doesn't surprise me much they seem to be popping up all over the globe.

Besides who the hell says you need 'Academic Training' to be an archeologist? With the amount of information available to us all now you can do it all you self, screw the universities learn the period you want and the way you want, you don't need so called 'experts' who are only given that title because of the time they've spent in a specific field don't take it as fact until you come to those conclusions yourself. Thats if you really are interested in it, if not who cares just read and let your mind decide.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join