It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the US Really Experience a Violent Upheaval in 2020?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Is 2020 the date for TSHTF?

Will the US Really Experience a Violent Upheaval in 2020

Circa 1870, the North fought the South in the Civil War. Half a century later, around 1920, worker unrest, racial tensions and anti-Communist sentiment caused another nationwide upsurge of violence. Then, 50 years later, the Vietnam War and Civil Rights Movement triggered a third peak in violent political, social and racial conflict. Fifty years after that will be 2020. If history continues to repeat itself, we can expect a violent upheaval in the United States in a few years.

So according to this article there is something called cliodynamics, which these scientist research history and try to come up with patterns.

We all see things coming to a head much sooner, but perhaps we really are just repeating history for a slow boil for 2020?

My model suggests that the next [peak in violence] will be worse than the one in 1970 because demographic variables such as wages, standards of living and a number of measures of intra-elite confrontation are all much worse this time,

If this is true, I can definitely see the above statement being true, that is if we continue on the course we are currently on.

Found the idea that we are just repeating a cycle of violence in the US every 50 years interesting.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
His basic statement is flawed. The civil war had been over for five years by 1870.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

He seems to be using a lot of "around" when mentioning times.

Perhaps a window of a few years?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'd say no. Reasons to why...

1. The US will have been laid to waste by some hidden hand kinda thing via : insert apocalyptic scenario.

2. The ppl of the US will be so "fluoridated" up by then we wont even realize we are nothing more then bleating sheep in a locked paddock.

also I do believe the Maya have a 20 year section calender that rings of what you say.
edit on 4-8-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: baktun

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Reality dictates that we live in an ever changing world. The only truly stupid people are the ones convinced that it will all stay the same, with a few changes for the better here and there.

I don't know what will happen and I don't know when it will either. But you simply CAN NOT deny the fact that sh*t has been happening to this planet since it first came into existence, and sh*t will continue to happen until the end.

You could list millions of possibilities for our future, doesn't mean they will happen, however, it's only realistic to acknowledge that something WILL happen, whether it's riots or solar flares, I do not care. If anyone truly believes it's all roses for our future, please, do elaborate, in this thread, or in a private message, because I am truly curious as to the logic of such beliefs.

Most people are in a trance, a state of mind where they seem to think that we, humanity, have finally managed to put a stop to our very long history of continuous change. What a foolish thing to believe
You might not believe in anything most people on ATS do, you might not believe in a cabal that controls our species, you might not believe 9/11 was an inside job, you might not believe in 2012, but one thing you have to admit is that anything is possible, there is no use in living with your head in the ground when it's the least logical thing to be doing.

There are so many groups of people on this planet, what if one day, one of those groups says ENOUGH? What if that group is finally big enough to make a change? Just one of thousands of possibilities that can change life as we know it, and I'm hoping that whatever comes, will take us a step further, instead of most people who seem to want things to stay the same, so they can get a new iphone every year, and an updated version of angry birds now and then

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
So.....
It affect US only ? Is not USA have global coverage now ?
Why 2020 ? because tha number repeat by itself or ..??
I bet because its cool number unlike 2017

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

we havnt even got 2012 out the way -- and you are starting 2020 doomsday crap ?????

up yours
you wait till 2525 - thats when the fur will REALLY fly

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Gives a whole new meaning to 20/20 vision eh... eh..

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think what he is basing his theory on is civil unrest seems to occur in cycles of 40 - 60 years, with the peak being at the 50 year mark. It is an interesting theory and might hold if we allow a range of +/- 5 years for the peak to occur. There are a lot of references here on ATS to a SHTF scenario, so I'm sure a lot of people are aware that something will happen within the next 15 years.

It's very possible that it will be world wide and not limited to the US. International banking and multinational corporatism are pushing the whole world to the point of rebelling.

new topics

top topics

join