It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tomatoes are Christian,' Egyptian Salafi group warns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

have a million people replied LOL WTF NAB? or 'Cool Story' Bro' yet.

It's the only way to educate these people.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
What an idiot. Well..... Potatoes are out too as they are from an infidel people from North America then? And corn? How about tobacco? Avocado, chili pepper, chocolate, papaya, peanut, vanilla, pineapple.... Perhaps all food that was eaten before the advent of Islam shouldn't be eaten then as they were all foods of heathens and infidels, right? Duhhhh. And as Jesus was a prophet recognized in the Koran.... hmmmm and Christians and Muslims are all from Abraham and are Brothers of the Book...... what then? Stupid stupid stupid.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
If they want to use that logic than why not continue it along a bit further...

Tomatoes are apart of nature and creation...

And they have a "christian" Symbol ...

So creation favors Christianity oh nose...

I was just wondering what they would do about Dogwood trees if they had them...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

have a million people replied LOL WTF NAB? or 'Cool Story' Bro' yet.

It's the only way to educate these people.

Yes, but as I posted earlier, are these extreme views really any different from many of the bizarre threads on ATS? Threads and posts that try to deconstruct the 'symbolism' and meaning of ordinary events and things.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Is ketchup Ok then, since it is a killed Christian Tomato?

Religions drives people nuts, just get rid of em all and stick to science.
edit on 5-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I would say it is just about the same.
Patternicity all the way.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well they'll have a hard time stopping all the Tunisian and Libyan Muslims from chucking into their pasta in tomato - almost a national dish.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I'm currently living in an apartment in Phoenix AZ, no room nor weather for tomatoes. I sure am going to miss those sweet tangy Jersey tomatoes.

Sorry about that I am in Connecticut, also waiting with batted breath for our county shut down cause.......OBOMA IS COMING!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I guess they forgot to inform them that way way way before reading or any form of writtting was used to communicate they had tomatoes and they loved them.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
i would love to know when the chief of Tomatoes decided to become a Christian. Surely if you babtise a tomato it turns into ketchup.

The sad thing is there will people who believe this.....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

edit on 6-8-2012 by dashen because: (no reason given)

Had to
edit on 6-8-2012 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I'm all for heritage organic foods but that tomato just doesn't
look healthy at all. It looks more like GMO Franken' Food.
Putting aside the fake news and trolling, here is actual real info that
needs considering :

Council of settlements, the Gaza Strip settlement of Netzarim supplies 25 percent of Israel’s exports of cherry tomatoes. The website of another Israeli settlement located in the Gaza Strip, Moshav Gadid, states that the Gaza settlement bloc of Gush Katif supplies 45 percent of all of Israel’s tomato exports. In the Yakal Gatif export regional packing house in Gaza cherry tomatoes are packaged under at least the following Carmel/Agrexco labels in 250 gram (8.8 oz) punnets. At point-of-purchase the packaging is indistinguishable from that of cherry tomatoes grown and packaged inside Israel. Bio-Top Organic Cherry Tomatoes, bar code number: 7 290002 766308 Cherry Tomatoes On the Vine, bar code number: 7 290002 766315 Dana cherries, bar code number: 7 290002 766056 These products have been found in supermarkets and/or produce stores in: France The Netherlands UK Private label: Settlement cherry tomatoes may be labeled under a private labels as in the case of Naturkost Füllhorn Öko Cherry-Tomaten packaged by Yakal Gatif for the Köln, Germany-based REWE Handelsgruppe GmbH.

One of Britain's largest supermarket chains is to boycott tomatoes . . .
www.thejc.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Same take as to why we shouldn't eat green peppers

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
They better take a stand against toast...cause this might happen!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

"I implore you to spread this photo because there is a sister from Palestine who saw the Prophet of Allah in a vision and he was crying, warning his nation against eating [tomatoes]. If you don’t spread this [message], know that it is the devil who stopped you.”

Why on Earth would God want to stop people from eating a fruit in its natural state? It has a cross inside it? Evil, rebellious tomato! Pray that Allah will forgive you for your heinous sins! Good job Allah cares so much about Humans that he is willing to send the very founding prophet of his brutal religion to warn people not to eat the deceptive fruit. Perhaps while Allah is at it, he can send Mohammed to condemn the bestiality, the paedophila, the abuse of women, the child beating, the suicide bombers and the Jihadi fighters who indiscriminately murder non-Islamic men, women and children every chance they get, in Allah's name. Wait, I nearly forgot - Allah likes those things, so he won't be stopping them any time soon.

If someone tells you not to eat a tomato, remember that the command came from Satan himself, who loves to make a mockery of those who blindly follow his counterfeit Abrahamic faith.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I don't know why someone would want to do that, hence the post.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join