It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tomatoes are Christian,' Egyptian Salafi group warns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

SS, the group did clarify with this comment:

The message caused outrage among Facebook users, which prompted the group to clarify their warning, saying they did not tell people not to eat tomatoes. "We said don’t cut it in [such a way that it reveals] the cross shape.”

Aha,that makes the whole subject far more sensible.

Now lets see,what else can be cut into to reveal a cross shape...Erm pretty much anything really,if you cut at 90 degree angles.
You have to be so careful these days,while cutting fruit.

Maybe they need to redesign all their street layouts as well-what are those 4 way junctions called?
Oh yeah-CROSSroads!!
Hil-bloody-larious!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

There is no way that Christians will stand for Muslims speaking on their behalf.

Imagine a world without Pizza!

Yeah...and...

NO KETCHUP.

Screw that!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

OR SALSA!!!!
oh noez!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by deessell

I'm talking about THEM trolling and not YOU!...

Possibly, but did you check out the photos of the cross of the crusaders? It looks very similar! Really, is the facebook message any weirder than some of the 'symbolism' posts on ATS?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is as silly as all those people that see religious symbols and entities on toast, pancakes, potato chips, water stains, and dirty windows.

I can still remember the small pilgrimage we had locally when a religious entity appeared on someone's dirty side view mirror. The miraculous image disappeared after the next rain.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone notice about the tomato pic.
Resembles United Kingdom flag. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
That's the reason why our Messiah and the good prophet Muhammad left NO heirs or leaders after they left our world. Rather, they both taught humanity in those differing regions and culture to share, discuss, debate and find solutions collectively.

The last divine mandated ruler on Earth was King Solomon, as known in the Bible and Koran. Autocratic rule ended then, for humankind proved incorrigible under one man rule.

Both the Messiah and prophet Muhammad's message was very clear - there will be no more divine teachers for earth's separate regions after them. The next time the prophets and divine teachers come, it will not be for another 'golden era' for mankind, but the end of our world as we all face judgement call.

However, none knows the end, not even the divine teachers or prophets, but only our common Creator who love us all, and had been patient with all of us. But even divine patience may have a limit, as the millions of suffering cries out for justice in the hands of their butchers.....

Many will claim to be divine messengers, but as taught by our divine teachers, they are all false. Rather, focus on the words of the divine teachers, NOT the words interpretated and mis-interpretated by man, for all men are flawed and prone to errors.

True muslims keep to the words in the Koran, and acknowledges the time and circumstances of that region when it was written. The hadith and later writings were the words of man who claimed to be words of the prophet.

So, who is the 'Egyptian Salufist' group, but mere small petty minded men within a small community out of our world's humankind, to despise the fruits and food created by our common Creator for us all?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There was a thread about this ridiculous subject made by "Stormdancer777" on June 17th 2012
Tomatoes are “Christian” Honest.,

Salafis/Wahabis are one the main reason Islam "seems" lost.
edit on 4-8-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So, 'tomatoes are Christian'?? I dunno. If we are comparing foods to Christians, I would have to say the better food associated to them would be NUTS rather than tomatoes.

Nuts...much better (if not perfect) food to compare with this cult!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

That's all good and stuff, but where there is a split in belief, yet held under the same umbrella, the rain will still fall.

One mans cut tomato is another mans reason for anguish. Cut ye a tomato in a manner against my faith, I shall cut you in similar fashion. And with a large population of misguided people... well, you can see how things can get dicey.

I rekon it's a plot against the flying spaghetti monster, to be honest. For he who is without sauce, is a believer left with dry pasta... and shall be forever barren and without flavour..

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

So, 'tomatoes are Christian'?? I dunno. If we are comparing foods to Christians, I would have to say the better food associated to them would be NUTS rather than tomatoes.

Or refried beans!!!
(I love those, too...!)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

things can get dicey.

Diced tomatoes are good, too!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
There was a thread about this ridiculous subject made by "Stormdancer777" on June 17th 2012
Tomatoes are “Christian” Honest.,

Salafis/Wahabis are one the main reason Islam "seems" lost.
edit on 4-8-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

The main reason Islam seemed lost is not because of any particular sect, but only upon petty minded individual within all sects - salufist, wahabis, shias, sunnis, etc., each hell bent on supremacy of that religion, each believing themselves right.

Nothing different. Happens to ALL religions anyway, when a small but vocal idiotic group claim superiority instead of focusing on the intent of divine Teachers' messages.

The Christians have the Catholics, Anglicans and every other domination within with small minds attempting to win over the largely peaceful minded congregations, similar with muslims, using them as pawns to fight for each groups personal glory.
edit on 4-8-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
1st bacon (mmmmmmmmmm. . . . . . bacon) and now tomatoes. All they need to do is ban lettuce, mayo and white bread and the BLT will become the sammich of heresay.

I think you meant Heresy, not hearsay, but I got your drift

That is funny, a heretical sandwich! You could "burn it at the stake" and have a toasted BLT.... Mmmmm

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by mainidh

things can get dicey.

Diced tomatoes are good, too!

I was hoping that would be noticed hehe

But not canned tomatoes. Never canned.. well, maybe once in a chilli..

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Both the Messiah and prophet Muhammad's message was very clear - there will be no more divine teachers for earth's separate regions after them. The next time the prophets and divine teachers come, it will not be for another 'golden era' for mankind, but the end of our world as we all face judgement call.

What about Bahá'u'lláh and the Bahai faith? Wasn't he a Muslim??

He seems pretty cool. They have really nice temples, too. I've visited the one in Chicago.

(Didn't feel "God" there, but I only ever feel "God" when I'm outdoors.)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I was hoping that would be noticed hehe
My pleasure...

But not canned tomatoes. Never canned.. well, maybe once in a chilli..

Aww.... c'mon, I have a cartload of canned tomatoes in my bug-out-cupboard....
and stewed tomatoes?? Mmmmm...... I've loved those since I was a kid!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

so what ?

the : ""Popular Egyptian Islamic Association" "

appear to be a islamic version of the westboro baptists

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well then they can't eat apples either because when you cut them crosswise you get a five pointed star - totally pagan.

Wait tomatoes are Christian??? I have about five million tomatoes growing in my garden right now. Are they secretly trying to convert me!!!???

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

Originally posted by NullVoid
I wonder if anyone notice about the tomato pic.
Resembles United Kingdom flag. Just saying.

It looks nothing even similar to the flag of the United Kingdom.
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join