It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August 4th, 2012

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
ok - so august 4th has been and gone - did anything worthy of the predictions made actually occur ?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ridiculous..It's not plausible that ETs would need to organize such "events" to "reveal" themselves..this is obvious wishful thinking and childish fantasy.
As for those who use "channeled" messages as their sources .. I would advise them to trace the beginning of such prophecies in the New Age culture. They first appeared in the 70's, or earlier if I'm not mistaken. The content of those first so-called channeled messages are strikingly similar to the BS that people read (and believe) nowadays. "We are watching you/We are going to reveal ourselves soon" and so on).
What I also find ridiculous is the manner in which people interpret crop circles as if there is a crop circle symbolism dictionary out there that's entirely reliable. Sure, archetypes/certain symbols are part of a shared ontology and can be interpreted by a few, but they are also extremely relative and dynamic. Additionally, if you want to prove a certain hypothesis using this sort of relative elements, you will be able to make your "data" fit almost any prediction. But that doesn't make it real. I'm really sick of certain New Age liars, it's as if a fragment of our collective unconscious is programmed to generate these lies continuously. Maybe there really is something out there..but these prophets' lack of integrity and superficiality spoils any trace of truth.
edit on 6-8-2012 by sleepdealer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Welp. Heard numerous rumblings about today being THE day for mass UFO presence/showing in the skies, or project blue beam, something like that...

Look forward to seeing it on TV/the news/etc.

OR it's just another day. Let's just see. :-P

I have heard its going to be the 14th,But we will see or not

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
reply to post by Klassified

Maybe if we clap real hard they'll come! (clapping worked for Tinkerbell, why wouldn't it work for the Galactic Federation of Light? haha)

Because Tinkerbell is actually more real than the GFL? I can find PICTURES of her for crying out loud, and even go visit her at Disney World!

Take THAT, GFL.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

"There are no UFOs folks! Stop believing in something that has to travel millions of LIGHT YEARS to get here when all you have to do is believe in yourself and God! Come on!

How many times do they have to say "Today is the day?" and not show up for you to believe? This time they said, "No if's, ands, or buts," they are showing up! No doubt about it! They didn't say, "if the energy is right," or "if this and if that." They said "for sure they are going to land." Yet most of you will shrug it off and wait for another date and time. Why? Is it easier to wait for someone else to come along and fix your problems than it is for you yourself to fix the problems? "

There is no God, folks! Stop believing in something that travels millions of light years to get here on the "faith" of a bunch of deluded people! Come on!

How many times do they have to say "today might be the day Jesus shows up?" And not show up for you to believe? This Sunday they'll say "no ifs, and, or buts, He is showing up! No doubt about it! They then said "we will pass the collection plate to help Jesus show up." Or "leave a love offering this time". Jesus doesnt show, and you shrug it off for the next empty promise to slide by. Why? Is it easier to expect some non visible sky daddy to come along and fix your problems (and make you rich) than it is for yourself to fix the world's problems and be kind to fellow humans without needing to be prodded by Sky Daddy?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I only wish that were true.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by wildtimes

I only wish that were true.

Why do you have all that masonic symbolism in your avatar? I know it's off-topic, but come on - your avatar might as well be saying "hail lucifer"!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

That was taped 10/2/2012....ie Feb 10 2012.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I have actual pictures of myself wif Tink!! she's real!!

Seriously though, I don't think we are alone in an infinite Universe, but like a previous poster said, I don't think they would ask for permission or stage a big ta-doo, I think they would just show up if they could or wanted to.....I wish they would and put this all to rest. Alas the mystery of life goes on.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Oh ok disregard then

Thanks for clearing that up for me

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
A alien just landed in the town next door
.....Sorry it was President Oboma

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Pics or it didn't happen....I still don't believe he's real....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I find a skitzofraniacs alternate personality more real than Obomba

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join