Lucifer and the Masonic Lie of Theosophy

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Freemasonry doesn't have a Messianic influence as there is no plan of salvation nor are we a religion. That has been proven time and time again, yet you refuse to see out of whatever ignorance is clouding your wits.

you say this a lot--what would you expect from a secret compartmentalized fraternity that uses occulted words and symbols.

its like complaining that water is wet

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

The Theosophical Society was founded largely by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky in 1875, whose writings quickly became the foundation of many occult fraternities, the Masons being one....

Just for the record, Blavatsky's writings have had zero influence on Masonry, and I've never spoken with a Mason that has read Blavatsky who considers her anything other than a charlatan. The same may be said of Alice Bailey.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

isnt the point here being that both freemasonry and the New Age religion have messianic beliefs, one in Miatra, the other in Man?

edit; lol ok,Miatra IS a man.

very similar, ML
edit on 28-8-2012 by rainbowbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

The Theosophical Society was founded largely by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky in 1875, whose writings quickly became the foundation of many occult fraternities, the Masons being one....

Just for the record, Blavatsky's writings have had zero influence on Masonry, and I've never spoken with a Mason that has read Blavatsky who considers her anything other than a charlatan. The same may be said of Alice Bailey.

there needs to be more dialog with these masons about who is a charlatan then. It would be welcomed.

unless the MO is to muddy the waters......

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainbowbear

isnt the point here being that both freemasonry and the New Age religion have messianic beliefs, one in Miatra, the other in Man?

No. Maitraya is a concept in some schools of Buddhism, not in "New Age" in general. Freemasonry is not messianic, but most Masons self-identify as Christians, and those individuals are "messianic" in that sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

there needs to be more dialog with these masons about who is a charlatan then. It would be welcomed.

Most Masons, I suppose, are at least generally intelligent. Therefore, it's not a huge leap to classify Blavatsky as a charlatan. Most of her writings on things like race, ethnicity, history, geology, etc., have long since been discredited by academic scholars.

The majority of Masons have probably never heard of Blavatsky. The few that I know that have read some of her writings have been generally unimpressed. This goes for yours truly as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Following 1875 the influence was rather extensive including the Masons who believed that it would further their ideals of universal brotherhood.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Following 1875 the influence was rather extensive including the Masons who believed that it would further their ideals of universal brotherhood.

In what way was such influence extensive? And who were the Masons who held such beliefs (with the exception of Foster Bailey, who was himself a Theosophist)?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

There are no 13 steps in Freemasonry. If anything, 3, 5, and 7 steps are more relevant or 15 steps would be more accurate. I still ask where in Freemasonry you are getting this "13"?

Messianic being the raising of Mans intellect coming to fruition (Man as Messiah)(Mans (intellect) can save Man) i know this sounds just peachy. Its a double edged sword, as not all men are at the same intellectual level. Some say dumbed down by members of the Order.

Nowhere in Masonry do we perpetuate this. Nowhere do we say this and I again invite you to post our ritual that would prove you right and me wrong.

no im not pointing to any ritual as proof. I look at the symbols and ask the right questions is all.

Translation: You can't prove your assertions, but want your opinion to be accepted as fact.

the capstone referres is the completion of the great work, does it not?

What is the Great Work?

I know the answer, but let's see what you know. Where is the capstone used in Freemasonry?

You really don't understand how Freemasonry is structured and ran. Nor do you know where I sit. I'm not saying that I'm high or that I'm low, or whatever phrase you guys like to use.

I'm also not saying that I know everything, but I'm always researching and I have a good experience within the Craft. What personal experience do you have?

reply to post by Egyptia

If you want to know one of the biggest examples of influence on Masonry, you should research Thomas Smith-Webb, and also William Preston.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

with respect, king--i think you need to reign in your attitude a bit.

YOU have no idea where I am coming from. Had you read any of my previous threads you may come to understand my perspective.

But you dont WANT to understand--you want to refute.

You CAN NOT debate something as esoterically driven as Freemasonry or the Craft. the whole thing rides on an individuals interpretations. But you insist there are rules cut in stone (lol) about how your fraternity is built and ran.

IF freemasonry IS NOT a religion, why do you hold me to such dogma about it.?

the only thing free about your understanding of this is that it was given to you by someone else.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

What are you some reincarnation of a Middle Age Inquisitor?
Whatever Masons say, it is not good enough for you though every tragedy in life needs an element of laughter and here it comes

edit on 28-8-2012 by starseedflower because: fixed

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
...and one more

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
AH. brit humor.

i guess im too unsophisticated to get it

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

King?

I'm agreeable to things that are correct.

But you insist there are rules cut in stone (lol) about how your fraternity is built and ran.

That's true.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

ok

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If you want to know one of the biggest examples of influence on Masonry, you should research Thomas Smith-Webb, and also William Preston.

I appreciate that tip but I already have along with many others. I have chosen the examples that I used for a purpose that is there to be ascertained in reflection and study leading to ancient historical research.

I recommend objectivity in the endeavour of the true study into this secret fraternity craft.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

actually i do see Humanism (man as God) present in Freemasonry. its 13 steps, the capstone, the hidden Sepheroth--the Light of Intelligence being the main proof. KNOWLEDGE is their GOD.

WORSHIP is much different from STUDY of knowledge.

So its very likely that SOME masons abhor Lucifer but replace him with themselves. Sound twisted? It really is.

Also there are other groups that look very much like Freemasonry but are not, like the Builders.

Ive come to find out that Islam, Judaism, Catholicism, Christianity and Freemasonry all have a Messianic influence of the ROSHANIYA--the Order of the Quest--the Brotherhood of the Snake.

All of these (yes,every single one) began as a Secret Society as well.

the truth looks SO MUCH like the Lie its REALLY hard to discern the two.

But it is possible that since no man can interpret the symbols for another, that what some think is the Sun, Lucifer, the Light--is interpreted to mean MAN and his intellect.

this is where MY travels have led me.

When you say, "The truth looks too much like the lie," this interests me a great deal. Can you go further with this idea? How do you view my statement that the lie is a mirror of the truth at a reflecting point? That reflecting point being the will to give and receive over the will to take.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Thank you for the links. I will take a look. You said, "Theosophy - (god wisdom) - Meaning all religions in their attempt to harness the knowledge of the absolute therefore institutes the claim that all religions have a portion of truth. "

That is a a valid view and we simply look back at Genesis 3 to see that God has always offered this knowledge, but on his timetable. Man tries to take the knowledge, not realizing that it can only be given in the course and fullness of time. If you have time, locate the book of 2 Esdra. LINK The messenger speaking to Esdra gives a timetable for the answers to our questions of knowledge. If you read the entire book carefully, do not miss the pulling on the heart it does when considering humanity and the requirements of a righteous God. Notice that in the end, Esdra was just as concerned for his fellow man. Also, notice the mercy that is then seen through the eyes of Esdra. It's a great book and filled with hidden meaning if you have eyes to see it.

My point in showing this is simply to bring out what you said. We cannot take from God. We think we can, but in the end, it's his timetable and revelation to us as we are ready. Anyone who thinks they are taking from God is a fool and will be shown for their folly. We are all thieves. We are also capable of seeing Christ on the right side of truth and being the thief that repents instead of the one that scorns his own salvation out of vengeful pride.

I enjoyed your post.

edit on 28-8-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by Egyptia

My point in showing this is simply to bring out what you said. We cannot take from God. We think we can, but in the end, it's his timetable and revelation to us as we are ready. Anyone who thinks they are taking from God is a fool and will be shown for their folly. We are all thieves. We are also capable of seeing Christ on the right side of truth and being the thief that repents instead of the one that scorns his own salvation out of vengeful pride.

Excactly and so beautifully explained!!!!!!! It is a difficult task when planting a seed so that one can truly awake and not slumber with their eyes wide shut.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

You have got to be kidding me with the crap.

Seriously?

new topics
top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join