It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen kidnap 48 Iranian pilgrims in Damascus suburb.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hi.

I just noticed this on RT.

www.rt.com...

­Forty-eight Iranian pilgrims visiting a holy Shiite mosque have been abducted by gunmen in a suburb of the Syrian capital, Iranian state television reports. The pilgrims were on a bus heading to the mosque when they were seized by a group of armed men, Al-Alam TV said, quoting an official at the Iranian embassy in Damascus. Iran's English-language Press TV alleged that “terrorists” were behind the kidnapping.

Do you think Iran will view this as a reason to intervene?

I don't know what to expect from any of these countries anymore.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Any ideas of where the gunmen were from?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I guess Al Qaeda is in action supplied by the US and its allies .......

when is our government gonna learn that the enemy of our enemy is our enemy too....

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
48 Pilgrims???

Holy shiite!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
More info:

Forty-eight Iranian pilgrims visiting a holy Shiite mosque have been abducted by gunmen in a suburb of the Syrian capital, Iranian state television reports. The pilgrims were on a bus heading to the mosque when they were seized by a group of armed men, Al-Alam TV said, quoting an official at the Iranian embassy in Damascus. Iran's English-language Press TV alleged that “terrorists” were behind the kidnapping.

www.newser.com...

uk.reuters.com...

'Iran is pursuing relevant channels for the release'.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

No just what they said in the article.

I don't think anyone knows for sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

My guess, they were "rebels".
You will see these 48 soon on LL and YT being systematically executed for some reason that fits the UN agenda I'm sure...
And the masses will buy it all!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Its only a matter of time

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
More factional idiocy.These people are not even part of the issue in Syria.
Stupidity again.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Hi.
Do you think Iran will view this as a reason to intervene?

I don't know what to expect from any of these countries anymore.

Funny how they use the word gunmen instead of rebels in this case....Just sounds like terrorism to me, again.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

Well this is the way I look at it. If they are not pro-government fighters then they are part of the terrorist uprising.... just sayin.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Pilgrims eh?

Syrian rebels have released a video showing who they said were Iranian mercenaries and Revolutionary Guard officials that were kidnapped by opposition forces on Saturday. On Saturday, Iranian state news agency IRNA quoted an unnamed official in Iran's embassy in Damascus as saying that 48 pilgrims were seized by "armed groups" on the Damascus airport road as they returned from a religious shrine.

www.haaretz.com...

The Iranian establishment obviously have a stake in Assad staying in power, as he is one of their few allies in the region. I would not be surprised if this was a Revolutionary guard unit. At the same time, there are a lot of weird cult like factions of Islam in Iran, it is also not beyond the realms of possibility that they, for some reason, felt this was a good time to go to Syria.
edit on 5-8-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Format

top topics

join