It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a vegan ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hi all ! Some friends and I were discussing our diet and vegans came into the discussion . There is a saying that explains a vegans diet that goes " you can't eat anything with a face , a mother " and there is another and we couldn't remember ? Any ideas out there ? Thanks !

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
A vegan is an entity from the planet Vega. Captain Kirk has been there and has ... um ... tasted the fruits so to speak.

I fail to see why you ask a question on a forum when with less key strokes Wiki would have given you the answer.

P

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
hi op

there is no such thing as a Vegan

check this link

www.good.is...

do you vegans use any of the mentioned in the link

ETA: this was tongue in cheek humour
edit on 4-8-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
A vegan is an entity from the planet Vega. Captain Kirk has been there and has ... um ... tasted the fruits so to speak.

I fail to see why you ask a question on a forum when with less key strokes Wiki would have given you the answer.

P

wiki or google
even yahoo answers come up great at times

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
the OP refers to veganism
check this out:

wikipedia about veganism

in short, those people see animals as creatures who are not to be eaten etc.
which is IMHO nonsense, cause we were part of the food-chain since aeons.

An interesting interpretation about this is:
if its not allowed to eat other creatures, why is it then that vegetables and plants are not in the list ?
these are creatures (of some sort) too, but they just live on a totally different timescale.
A timescale so slow, they do not even recognize other lifeforms like us, or animals.
if you put the timescale into account its obvious that they even communicate with each other.

so vegans .. imho .. people who limit their horizon to the timescale they live in, and thats it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Vegans differ from vegetarians in that they don't consume any product produced by an animal. Milk, cheese, eggs, etc.

Personal choice if you ask me, no reason to criticise them. I try my best not to eat any pig products as I consider pigs a whacky version of a dog, and they're more intelligent.

But I'm no hypocrite about it, I don't criticise others for eating it. It's about personal choice.

I also do not eat anything to do with cuttle fish.. I can't even watch how humans consider them nothing more than food, when they're intelligent, curious creatures.

Cephalopods are too foreign for us to consider capable of intelligence... yet they are more aware than we give them credit for.

edit on 4-8-2012 by mainidh because: holy homonym, I didn't even see I used a then instead of a than.. now I are a sad mainidh..

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I apologize if I didn't explain myself properly ! I know what a vegan is , it's the " saying that they use " to define what a vegan is ? They can't eat anything with a face , a mother , and ??????????

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What is a vegan, a wishy washy not commital vegetarian.
Simple ehh?
I am an eater btw, I'll eat whatever I need to survive, I do prefer flesh though, cow, pig, deer, squirrel, human...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
What is a vegan, a wishy washy not commital vegetarian.

Umm V not really, since they're like super vegetarians that go that extra mile to stick it to the butcher. Lol, not committal?

Simple ehh?

^

?????

I am an eater btw, I'll eat whatever I need to survive, I do prefer flesh though, cow, pig, deer, squirrel, human...

Human is good, but it's such a strain on the metabolism taking all those bath salts to keep your appetite up!

edit on 4-8-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

top topics

join