It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you folks help me out and check out a song of mine? (One man band).

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I took it, put my name on it..said I wrote it not you...and I put it up this morning on 50 sites around the world. Im selling it for me..as written BY me not you...so thanks a lot for giving it away for nothing! Im gonna make a lot of $$$ on it as MY new song!**

**(Dont freak out..Im kidding. But there are a few 100,000 crooks around the world you just exposed it to. Next time..dont. Register your work or at least only release SOME words and SOME of the music, until its copyrighted)

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Not all that really funny.

Actually, the fact he has posted it on a 3rd party forum, where the date of posting can be verified, likely sufficiently protects him.

Copyright protection of this kind of work happens automatically. The details are really about how probative the evidence is...

edit on 5-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Seriously WOW !

I know practically all that have gone before me have said that ot something similar but I was genuinely impressed with that ... fantastic end result of all your hard work ... and I absolutely love the tone of your voice ... my kind of music

Add me to your fan list

Woody

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This song is truly awesome, the lyrics reflect how I feel nowadays, and how many others feel about their life and the times we live in. I certainly do not recognize the "landscape" any more. You have my vote! Excellent talent here!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
I took it, put my name on it..said I wrote it not you...and I put it up this morning on 50 sites around the world. Im selling it for me..as written BY me not you...so thanks a lot for giving it away for nothing! Im gonna make a lot of $$$ on it as MY new song!**

**(Dont freak out..Im kidding. But there are a few 100,000 crooks around the world you just exposed it to. Next time..dont. Register your work or at least only release SOME words and SOME of the music, until its copyrighted)

Good luck.

No one is stealing my stuff, bro! I have the all of my songs in their original track formats (raw) with time and datestamps. If someone tried to steal it, they will instantly lose in court. I also have an extra hard drive that I back it up to in case my 1 TB fails.

So I'm not worried in the slightest bit. I have iron clad proof the songs are mine. So "good luck" to those who try! See you in court!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Not all that really funny.

Actually, the fact he has posted it on a 3rd party forum, where the date of posting can be verified, likely sufficiently protects him.

Copyright protection of this kind of work happens automatically. The details are really about how probative the evidence is...

edit on 5-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

Yes, thank you. This is true as well. And my music is on Youtube, which is essentially Google. All timestamped.

So to the people who are even thinking of doing this - go for it! You won't make it far. Thank you computers and technology!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jymmyjaymes
This song is truly awesome, the lyrics reflect how I feel nowadays, and how many others feel about their life and the times we live in. I certainly do not recognize the "landscape" any more. You have my vote! Excellent talent here!

I think this song came out at a perfect time. Everybody hurts right now in these days.

And I know I'm only 1 out of 7 billion who "hurt". I'm totally aware of that and accept it. I'm no one special. I'm just able to convey my emotions through music that I can just happen to create.

I can't wait, however, to take the focus off of me in future songs and start singing about cool things, like conspiracies, space, philosophy, the meaning of life, etc.

Damn - I'm so excited about that Mars rover (Curiosity) that I may make a song about that! Just kidding, but I do want to sing about other things besides myself.

I think this song finally got out most of my turmoil, and I was able to turn that turmoil into an object of pride and ingenuity.

As my friend said to me about 10 years ago when he visited me for the first time in years and saw that I was recording music. He said, "Haha, Erik. You're so depressed, but you take that depression and turn it into music that you can be proud of! How cool is that?!"

I never forgot those words.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
OK! WSOU in New Jersey got back to me and said that they would forward the message I sent them to the right department.

I hope they like it. I also sent them the REM cover. Let's cross our fingers!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think your talented and the song sounds great. That said, you seem to be very intelligent and the lyrics were just to vague for me. There wasn't a real message there except that you feel alone and you can find those kind of lyrics coming from every QQ'ing little emo band there is out there right now. Just not good lyrics imho.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
I think your talented and the song sounds great. That said, you seem to be very intelligent and the lyrics were just to vague for me. There wasn't a real message there except that you feel alone and you can find those kind of lyrics coming from every QQ'ing little emo band there is out there right now. Just not good lyrics imho.

Well, see - I'm not trying to impress. I'm just trying to get my feelings out.

I'm a straight shooter with my lyrics - I'm not one to be cryptic.

But the song lyrics do deal with an issue - ambivalence and ambiguity.

Don't take my word for it, but the lyrics - as direct they are, have a point.

Oh, Emo, huh? I'm almost 33 years old. I am not some kid complaining about NOTHING. I HAVE been through horrible things starting at a young age, and it never let up.

I hate when people label things Emo when they don't have a clue about what the singer went through. I'm not depressed over a girl or over a job. I have major depressive disorder and PTSD which is nothing to play around with.

But I'm just Emo... Dude. No.
edit on 8/5/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Erik, you are talented enough to be famous. I do hope you get the recognition you so deserve.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I didn't say you SOUNDED emo, I said the content of the lyrics did.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim

I didn't say you SOUNDED emo, I said the content of the lyrics did.

Same implication, dude. I was talking about the lyrics.

Those lyrics were hard to get out. I actually have pride that I was able to be so frank.

I also think the lyrics are some of the best I've come up with. I dug into my soul for about a year to get them.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Not true. There are so many ways that posting it as an original date is a laugh..and the damage that can be done would be devasting to the artist.

And Im one copyright holder that DOES support file sharing and securing originator-composer rights.

Good luck and the best to the OP.

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Bro..the only thing that stands up in a court of law? Is a copyright. Like on CD's, DVD's etc.

And a major label...who may hear it and offer you a contract or big $$$...will walk away without you having one.

Again...good luck to you!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I like it man, very original. The ska rhythm and the psychedelic ambiance in the background works so well, and that metal element with the double-kicks and the heavy distortion is great. Good vocals too. Nice work brother keep it up. You've got my vote (whatever that's worth)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Bro..the only thing that stands up in a court of law? Is a copyright. Like on CD's, DVD's etc.

And a major label...who may hear it and offer you a contract or big $$$...will walk away without you having one.

Again...good luck to you!

So are you saying that the Music Industry is grimy?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnarchist
I like it man, very original. The ska rhythm and the psychedelic ambiance in the background works so well, and that metal element with the double-kicks and the heavy distortion is great. Good vocals too. Nice work brother keep it up. You've got my vote (whatever that's worth)

A lot, my friend. A lot.

And if you can spread it, it would help me AND others out as well. I'm not trying to make money, here. I just want to be heard and perhaps people can relate and feel better and not so alone.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Excellent work friend! I pretty much do the same thing as you. I wish I had something handy that I could upload, but I wouldn't want to try to derail your thread. Anyway, I'm the opposite when it comes to being in bands. I just kind of let everyone else dictate things because I don't want to be an as$@@le... but it never works out. The bands always go the wrong direction for me and I never am satisfied. I've been working on a song for over a year now and just can't seem to finish it. Maybe you've given me the inspiration I need to get back on it. Anyway, very nice song and very good voice man.

Oh, and your lyrics are cool, don't let anyone tell you differently...
edit on 8/6/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

I U2U'd a link to you in case you might like to hear something I did a while back.
edit on 8/6/2012 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The hip hop industry and sampling have pretty much made copyright law obsolete.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join