It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you folks help me out and check out a song of mine? (One man band).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This song took about a year to complete. I'm doing all of the playing, singing, recording, mixing, mastering, and of course the composition.

I was/am going through a hard time in my life and this is the result of a lot of emotions and time:

This SoundCloud link has the song in a much higher quality than Youtube (if you like the song, click the SoundCloud link):

soundcloud.com...

It's Alternative Rock. My influences are Nirvana, Metallica, Bush, The Offspring, Breaking Benjamin, etc.

Here are the lyrics: (Caution - Two "F-Bombs")

(Intro)
I'm tired of feeling sorry for me
But every day it's worsening
I'm not the person that I used to be
- Everything is crumbling
I can't seem to keep my head on straight
I don't even know the date
Maybe the best thing to do with myself is: Get off the ground, take a step and don't fall down again

(Verse I)
As broken souls, we wander for more -
Looking for our own little cure
Seeking out that light, while I can't even escape the grip of night
But I'll try 'till the day that I die -
Never give up - Never without a fight
Taking a step at a time so maybe one day I can touch that light

(Chorus I)
Or will I go back on my word? One day we will all know...
Until then let me be all alone
I might go back on my word - I just don't know...
Just let me be all alone

(Verse II)
So I sit here in the darkness
- Only one way to get out of this
That promise I made - I don't know if I can keep it now...

(Chorus II)
What in the world has f*****g happened to me?
- A victim of a self fulfilled prophecy
I never thought I would be that person nobody needs
Just let me be all alone

(Bridge)
Everyone says that it ain't nothing, then take a walk in my shoes
Everything is just so f*****d up - there is nothing to do

(Chorus III)
Back on my word, it's time that you all know...
Until then let me scream all alone
I will go back on my word - it's time for you to go
Just let me die all alone (again)

I hope you enjoy and thanks for listening! It's been hard work!
edit on 8/4/2012 by impaired because: Added SoundCloud link.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Wow dude let me be the first to award you a flag for this brilliant piece of work. Honestly this is amazing work, especially for one person. It's pretty much marketable material imo. Even the singing is pretty outstanding.

Some times I listen to music on Jango (hope you know what that is), and every now and then they play new up and coming songs from independent artists. Let me tell you that song you made is 100% better than any of the independent songs I've ever heard on Jango.

I would suggest you try to get your music onto Jango or something similar, because they let you rate the independent artists and help them gain recognition. With music like that you will gain recognition fast.

You certainly have a gift for making good music and I wont be surprised if you end up making a lot of money from it. You're probably better than what you think you are, don't underestimate yourself. Good work once again dude.
edit on 4/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Thank you very much.

I need exposure bad and I don't know how to do it. I hope Jango works for me! That would be awesome to have my music played on an internet radio station!

I'll check it out later. It's almost 7am here and I still haven't gotten to sleep. When I wake up I'll Jango it up.

Thanks again, dude.
edit on 8/4/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Wow! The music was great! Your voice is great! Your talent to do all of this is mind blowing.

The only downside (and this could be that I'm just not into this type of music) is that there are too many words, meaning that it'll never stick in my head so I can sing along with it.

Other than that, man, you're going places! A million

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Thanks. I purposely keep the same melodies in the choruses but change the lyrics to keep things interesting (and get out more vocals). I think it gets boring but at the same time you're right. It doesn't make it as catchy...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
That was just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are you doing this solo? Get a band together and get out there. This is high quality stuff and you could get somewhere with this. Now go, get out and get that band together. NOW!!!!!!!
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

That's awesome dude, well done.

The tight harmony and composition demonstrates the effort you've put into this....bravo.

On a side note, it reminds me of "It's been awhile" by Staind - moreso the vocals, maybe it's the angst and tension you create??

edit on 4-8-2012 by Perhaps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
reply to post by jiggerj

Thanks. I purposely keep the same melodies in the choruses but change the lyrics to keep things interesting (and get out more vocals). I think it gets boring but at the same time you're right. It doesn't make it as catchy...

But don't you dare focus on this tiny little negativity. You are F------- awesome!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
That was just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are you doing this solo? Get a band together and get out there. This is high quality stuff and you could get somewhere with this. Now go, get out and get that band together. NOW!!!!!!!
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bands never worked out for me. They called me a control freak. They were right. That's why I do it all myself.
I don't want to dictate a whole band.

Unless they wanted me to... But it never works out like that. I'm happy the way it is to be honest.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Just subscribed to your channel. I have a different name there than here.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

But don't you dare focus on this tiny little negativity. You are F------- awesome!

Come on dude. Look at my lyrics. Does my cup look half full?

Originally posted by Perhaps

That's awsome dude, well done.

The tight harmony and composition demonstrates the effort you've put into this....bravo.

On a side note, it reminds me of "It's been awhile" by Staind - moreso the vocals, maybe it's the angst and tension you create??

Yes - Staind is a big influence of mine as well. I have loved Staind since the first time I heard them. They got weak a few albums ago but this last one is awesome (Self titled).

Aaron Lewis and I have a lot in common. We're both depressed, miserable people. Well, perhaps HE isn't anymore because he has the life. But I'm miserable. So I try to sing it out and make something positive out of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bands never worked out for me. They called me a control freak. They were right. That's why I do it all myself.

Unless they wanted me to... But it never works out like that. I'm happy the way it is to be honest.

My husband had some of those control freaks in his bands in the past.

Just keep doing what you're doing. Send a demo to radio stations.

When I saw one man band in the title of your thread, I almost didn't come in here. I had no idea it was going to be this amazing. OMG, I think I'm your number 1 fan.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Just subscribed to your channel. I have a different name there than here.

Ohhh, this song. Created in 2001, right after 9/11.

That was the first real deep song I ever wrote.

My friends went crazy over it when the strings would hit the chorus. It's a favorite amongst my close friends.

This version was recorded in 2008. I have way better equipment these days, and I've always wanted to use an acoustic guitar instead of the clean electric in this song.

Thanks for posting. Did you see the REM cover I did?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I saw one man band in the title of your thread, I almost didn't come in here. I had no idea it was going to be this amazing. OMG, I think I'm your number 1 fan.

Thanks about the "number one fan" (thinks of the movie "Misery"
).

But about the control-freak thing - they always made me feel bad - like I was ruining and controlling the band too much. And they would change my songs around. That's why I had to get out of dodge and do this my own.

Lifelong Lesson IS my therapist. The lyrics contain subjects that I just can't communicate with other people.

But thanks, "number one fan", hehe. Now don't "hobble" me!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
May I ask why you're depressed? I have mild depression myself. You're young, handsome and talented and have your whole life ahead of you. You have so much potential.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Oh wow he has several other songs all made like two years ago and they all have just a few hundred views! Damn OP that's amazing that you haven't received more attention yet. You should definitely start promoting your music a lot more. Some of your old ones are freaking amazing too!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks about the "number one fan" (thinks of the movie "Misery"
).

But about the control-freak thing - they always made me feel bad - like I was ruining and controlling the band too much. And they would change my songs around. That's why I had to get out of dodge and do this my own.

Lifelong Lesson IS my therapist. The lyrics contain subjects that I just can't communicate with other people.

But thanks, "number one fan", hehe. Now don't "hobble" me!!!

No worries. I'm a sweet lady and not crazy.
Didn't see your REM version yet, but I'll get to it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

May I ask why you're depressed? I have mild depression myself. You're young, handsome and talented and have your whole life ahead of you. You have so much potential.

I've been through the ringer starting at age 4 and it never let up. After a while, it started catching up to me so I "ran away from my problems" and got caught doing that.

Now that I stopped running, the past is still there and I could never have the job I've always wanted.

And that's not even the tip of the ice burg. I have a lot of problems, but I'm only 1 of 7 billion, so I try not to sweat it and make it about me so much.

I'm not the only one who hurts. So that's also why I make my music with brutally honest lyrics - maybe people can relate and it can get them through tough times just like other people's music has gotten ME through tough times...

It's a give and take.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Oh wow he has several other songs all made like two years ago and they all have just a few hundred views! Damn OP that's amazing that you haven't received more attention yet. You should definitely start promoting your music a lot more. Some of your old ones are freaking amazing too!

I am HORRIBLE at promoting. I just never know where to start. And screw Facebook. I'm not gonna even...

Going to sleep. The sun is rising. Talk to you all tomorrow and perhaps you all could help me share? Good deeds don't go unnoticed in my eyes.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Yes he definetly needs some promotion. Thumb up his vids and subscribe and share the vids with others.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join