It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Who are You

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Be it God or be it alien when the so called "Judgement day" comes, And that can mean anything from God getting ready to punish the world if that is what you believe or it can mean the day We make contact with an alien race, no one is going door to door and asking what kind of person you are.
It's going to most likely be more a man sitting behind a big desk looking down at the lucky person chosen to represent us and asking," Who are you, and do not lie to me."

The one thing we all have in common, no matter if we are Islamic, or Jew, Believer or nonbeliever or Democrat or Republican is that every person who has ever walked the Earth has asked himself at one time or an other,"Why are we here and Are we alone?"
This question transcends all our differences and yet instead of using it as a foundation we avert our eyes and pretend we have nothing in common, when really we do.
Why are we here? Are we alone?
This is not a question, this is a directive. We are here to find out if we are alone. That is the meaning of life.
If this leads to the discovery that God is out there. Great then we are prepared and know beyond a doubt what to do.




posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123
 


I'm pretty sure this was covered in either one of the University level philosophy, or psychology courses I took at university.

I'm certain it was covered in the chapters dealing with the human propensity toward superstition, mythology, and magical thinking.


edit on 4-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123
 


I dont believe there will be a 'judgement day' of the type you envisage.

I don't see any reason to believe there will be a biblical (or other book) deity to do the judging.

If its an alien race passing judgement to an alien criteria who knows what morality they would be using as the basis for judgement. I doubt it would be the same as ours and it would likely be collective rather than individual judgement.

As to the 'why are we here' and 'are we alone' questions, science is busy working on both.

For my 2 cents i think the answers may be:

1) We are an emergent property given the rules governing our universe.
2) No, I suspect not. Although the size and age of the universe may render our meeting the other happy accidents as impossible.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by ronnieray123
 


I dont believe there will be a 'judgement day' of the type you envisage.

I don't see any reason to believe there will be a biblical (or other book) deity to do the judging.

If its an alien race passing judgement to an alien criteria who knows what morality they would be using as the basis for judgement. I doubt it would be the same as ours and it would likely be collective rather than individual judgement.

As to the 'why are we here' and 'are we alone' questions, science is busy working on both.

For my 2 cents i think the answers may be:

1) We are an emergent property given the rules governing our universe.
2) No, I suspect not. Although the size and age of the universe may render our meeting the other happy accidents as impossible.


If a person believes in some form of judgement day is irrelevant. What is relevant is how each person views himself. The judgement of ones own character.
Here I am asking people. Are you a student who wants to continue pushing the limits of learning and understanding or are you content with what we now know and see no value in learning more



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123
 


Never asked. Never wanted to know. Found out aways knew the truth.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123
 


Enlightenment will help the ARK find you, as they can detect LIGHT



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123
Be it God or be it alien when the so called "Judgement day" comes, And that can mean anything from God getting ready to punish the world if that is what you believe or it can mean the day We make contact with an alien race, no one is going door to door and asking what kind of person you are.
It's going to most likely be more a man sitting behind a big desk looking down at the lucky person chosen to represent us and asking," Who are you, and do not lie to me."

The one thing we all have in common, no matter if we are Islamic, or Jew, Believer or nonbeliever or Democrat or Republican is that every person who has ever walked the Earth has asked himself at one time or an other,"Why are we here and Are we alone?"
This question transcends all our differences and yet instead of using it as a foundation we avert our eyes and pretend we have nothing in common, when really we do.
Why are we here? Are we alone?
This is not a question, this is a directive. We are here to find out if we are alone. That is the meaning of life.
If this leads to the discovery that God is out there. Great then we are prepared and know beyond a doubt what to do.


You ask as if you do wish to know , and this is a fair start . Without methodology -
Life does not favour those who would seek to explain it . Life has a habit of proving many many theories to be wrong . Which is why its a good idea to hear what the odd Einstein among us has to say .

Life only favours the very very few , the chosen . Life favours everybody and every living thing . Life is scarce and hard , but Life is abundant and easy .

On the question of are we alone , the answer is very very easy - and it is no , of course we are not alone in the universe . Question yourself and others if you still think this is the only planet with life on it . Its perhaps the smallest minded view of life possible. The tiniest .

The choices we make in life are fundamental to its meaning . If you go rock jumping without a suitable safety equipment , then you will die . The reason you will die is that you did not recognise the clear facts of life . The truth , correctly defined as 'that which is' , will happily or without recourse , end your life . If there is not meaning found in this , or the example , then
The choices we make in life are fundamental to its meaning . What meaning we gain from life is determined by the choices we make.

The ancient literature which was produced by those whom life had granted the power to divine into words its directives , remain the sources of advanced knowledge of the modes of operation which life sets in motion .
For example , the 3 'gunas' or 'modes' of life observed and mastered by Vedic Indian script are goodness , passion and ignorance .
Life does not favour those who would seek to explain it , bar the very very few which have explained it . For example Ghandi's translation and purports of the Bhagavad Gita are only his words , the same of Srila Prabupada , and many an Indian master .
The same runs - the very very few . The latter provides the actual substance , not the former which is highly different .
Which brings me to the original . Is in Sanskrit the most ancient language . When they disagree with these things , the evidence will _always be , that they have failed to look , have written off early , have not been studious , are reluctant to credit anyone , or to take advice .
Then those who afraid of death , or suffering in life , go on to die in fear , and suffer themselves only . Becasue life has offered up its meanings , its truths , long ago . But there was ignorance , and , it was their choice .
There was an ingratitude , characteristic of the qurans 'the ingrates' . Its a long held respulsive human trait , and expectation of fulfillment , at the clicking of fingers , never gains life's attention . Why would it ?

By the texts I mean those nonspecific of the actual mainstreams of the world's oldest religions . By texts I do not mean clutural ascriptions or attatchments . I mean the cannons in _original format.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It's kind of like a disclosure post but it's wrong, the fact is more people would rather not know, that's why they don't study the subject.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by ronnieray123
 


I'm pretty sure this was covered in either one of the University level philosophy, or psychology courses I took at university.

I'm certain it was covered in the chapters dealing with the human propensity toward superstition, mythology, and magical thinking.


edit on 4-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)


I wonder if aliens have philosophy? or religion? or psychology?



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
It's kind of like a disclosure post but it's wrong, the fact is more people would rather not know, that's why they don't study the subject.
I asked a friend of mine why he wasn't interested in aliens and he said "because it doesn't affect my daily life" and I told him "it IS your daily life"



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by ronnieray123
 


Never asked. Never wanted to know. Found out aways knew the truth.

and what is the truth?



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What I would write more is a question , and if you ask the right questions , then you might just get the right answers. And the question would be ,
"What is the future?"
The simple response is , " well it is just the future.." , and maybe a shrug .
Aha , well , no it's not ...
The future is everything , its something that really matters . If you find meaning comes to you in life through wise choices , its because you set your future correctly



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
wrong thread.....


edit on 16-9-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: wrong thread



posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123
 


Why are we here? Are we alone?
This is not a question, this is a directive. We are here to find out if we are alone. That is the meaning of life.

I gave you a star and flag, good questions and deep thoughts. Why are we here? That is the easy question, we are here to have the Human Experience, to experience the Emotional Quandary we sometimes find ourselves within. We are here to raise our Spiritual Vibrations to their highest level possible, and to learn all that we can learn in the short time allotted.

As for what we are, that begs more input and intel for an accurate assessment. First and foremost, we, and I speak collectively here, are two parts, we are a carbon based, biological/mechanical/molecular machine that is inhabited by a powerful and vastly intelligent Spirit, one that can automatically operate all of the bodily functions necessary for human life, such as heartbeat, breathing, blood flow, and so on. A Spirit that can, and does exist outside the human body and third dimensional experience.
I do not know the true origin of this Spirit, or from whence it came, but I have gotten to know my Spirit, and become One with it in most things. My Spirit doesn't talk to me, it IS me.



posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123
 





Why are we here? Are we alone?


God is with us so we are not alone.
We are here in order to stay with God forever.

So don't listen to any alien propaganda for the works of Tesla.
That is all a big lie.
Just saying. Its not good to follow a lie.



posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne
 


So let me get this straight, because this boggles my mind with you religious types. You believe in the existence of an unproven god that has absolutely ZERO credibility in the scientific department yet scoff at the very high probability that we are not alone in the universe?



posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
reply to post by TeslaandLyne
 


So let me get this straight, because this boggles my mind with you religious types. You believe in the existence of an unproven god that has absolutely ZERO credibility in the scientific department yet scoff at the very high probability that we are not alone in the universe?



And you believe in more planets and more people.
You are one dude we should have more of I suppose.

You and your comrades in the space command might be wrong.

Ed: Doubting Thomas's see God. Doubt the alien so perhaps one day you can prove me wrong.
ED+: repeat : Its not good to follow a lie.
Ed: instead of posting to me just post your alien convictions and avoid improper behavior
this applies to all no hard feelings

edit on 9/23/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join