It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

APOLLO 8 Strangeness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I just came across this and as the title says, it is a bit strange to say the least. It was posted on May 12,2012. I did a search, didn't find anything, but I thought some of you might like to see this and see how you feel about it.

I copied a couple of the photos to place here for you to see, but you will find a few more on the site which I found HERE

Some snips from the article:

This evidence is a side walk on the wild side where things get a little strange. It is visual evidence found in the official record obtained by the astronauts on the 1968 Apollo 8 mission to the Moon using Hasselblad 70mm cameras focused toward Earth from the Command Module and the mission was the occasion of many firsts.
Keep in mind that the cameras here are using film and not digital media.

He goes on to say that these are not the originals but the scanned digital images.

First image:May have to use the slider to see it)

Second Image:

This is what he has to say about the above two photos:

In the above 1st image from image #AS08-13-2382, as you can see the evidence details are very dark and dim. The 2nd image with some graphics work in it by me brings out quite a bit of detail and, as you can see, it looks very strange. I think that there is little question as to whether it represents organic life or not but then the big question is whether it represents alien life in space or some scanned in Earth microbic life due to carelessness in keeping the scanning plate sufficiently clean and free of debris here on Earth?

As you can see he does try to address the probability of mans carelessness, but he also post some more images that does seem to negate that and make one ponder. Again, you can see the added photos and read more of his argument HERE. Read Full Story

So, if these aren't glitches, then what the heck is that floating around up there and would you think it is biological, some kind of living enity, or just some nasty space junk? Also, seems rather large doesn't it?

One last note, he does provide links on the site as to where he came across these images.
edit on 4/8/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Could be one of those supernovae thingys.... idk...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
well...what's really strange to me is...

right off the bat .. there's proof there that Apollo astronauts COULD see stars; which of course means the astronauts lie when they said "no, we couldn't see stars"

2nd off, it's something on the lens.. as you can see on the first pic that there's a faint straight line down the left side.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

In the "second image"... that wouldn't couldn't maybe a nick in the glass from something hitting it? Something "similar" looking here...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It's cold in space... REALLY cold, like hat and gloves and scarf cold or build a snowman cold. Wonder if it could be ice?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
As you can see he does try to address the probability of mans carelessness...

Not really, because unless he has ever done his own developing work in a darkroom, then he cant know what he's looking at.

Static electricity when handling the film.

I dont have any of my own mistakes readily to hand, but here is the first example that google found for me.

Edit - another example given halfway down this page.

Static discharges appear on some of the prints. I have not found any mention of the problem. They just lived with it.

edit on 4-8-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
double post

edit on 4-8-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If you go to the links I posted, youll see that when other photos were taken, which are posted there,you dont see that. I was kind of wondering about that too. The fact that it doesnt show up in all the pictures in the order they were taken is curious as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
It's cold in space... REALLY cold, like hat and gloves and scarf cold or build a snowman cold. Wonder if it could be ice?

so 'they' say

it is ..

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Well it certainly COULD be an Alien life form floating around in space.....but that doesnt seem as likely an explanation as....oh....I dunno....maybe somebody just sneezed on the camera lens?

It could be any number of things.....I'll hold off thinking it's an alien life form, unless there's just a tad bit more evidence.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I strongly think that it's ice.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Looks like incontrovertible proof of the existence of space squids.

Or something obviously 2D, which means something on the lens or plate itself.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
If you go to the links I posted, youll see that when other photos were taken, which are posted there,you dont see that. I was kind of wondering about that too. The fact that it doesnt show up in all the pictures in the order they were taken is curious as well.

Your right. Sorry I didn't check your other link. That is not an impact on the glass.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here's the entire frame. The slide is filthy.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

right off the bat .. there's proof there that Apollo astronauts COULD see stars; which of course means the astronauts lie when they said "no, we couldn't see stars"

They said they couldn't see stars while they were on the surface of the Moon. Apollo 8 did not land on the Moon.

But those aren't stars, they are crud on the film.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Some of it is obviously crud, some looks like it could be stars. I wonder what the exposure time was?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Other images in the sequence show different "stars"...and different crud.

edit on 8/5/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Looks like a little blotch of water ice on the outside of the window to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Komodo

They said they couldn't see stars while they were on the surface of the Moon. Apollo 8 did not land on the Moon.

But those aren't stars, they are crud on the film.

ahh....so what your say'n is, the entire photo is dirty ..

and how can we tell they're not stars.. ?

new topics

top topics

join