It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals Slaughtered during Zoo break-in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Police believe several people broke into Tasmania Zoo in the Launceston suburb of Riverside late Thursday or early Friday morning and cut the locks on several bird, wallaby and monkey enclosures. Zoo owner Dick Warren says he found nine birds brutally slaughtered. "They've just caught them and banged their heads and pulled their heads off," he said. "It's heartbreaking to see them. How could people do this sort of thing? It hits you so hard."

link...

I find it absolutely abhorrent that this sort of behaviour exists within our society. It disgusts me.

What in Gods name would motivate one or more individuals to act so callously towards innocent life?

I hope justice is swift and severe.

ETA: Targeting the birds only and in such a specific manner is interesting..........
edit on 4-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Targeting the birds is interesting.

I remember a case a few years back where a boy broke into a zoo in the UK and fed many of the smaller animals to the alligators.

I'm glad I can't understand that type of thinking.

peace

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Bunch of tough guys beating up on defenseless animals. Let's hope they are caught and their names and addresses go viral. PUNK ASSES.
edit on 4-8-2012 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
That is messed up. I will never understand how people can just kill for no good reason.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You know, it takes a lot of balls to do something like this. I do not think it is TV or video games which cause people to do things like this. It is really a sign of a sick society. When people do things like this, it really should be everyone`s fault. The society as a whole has allowed such twisted minds to grow, develop and prosper within society. As members of a society, no matter if you like it or not, you have a responsibility to care for your fellow members of society. If one of us becomes twisted and weak, then it begs to reason that we are all weak. Society did nothing to help those among us who have fallen into a dark twisted place within their minds.

I am fully aware that many will say that it is all up to the individual and no one else has to take blame for their actions. That is the major problem. Everyone wants the benefits of living in a society but few want to maintain the health of the overall society. Many seem to believe that as long as they get what they want, everyone else do not matter. I think we have all seen what such thinking has given us. It is important to remember that in order to maintain a society we much truly be our brother`s keeper. I am sure that there were many who felt those that killed those animals were unhinged and were a danger to the overall health of society, yet clearly no one did anything to help those people. So, we sit back and allow the dark twisted unhinged members of society to do something unacceptable and wonder how someone could have done something so bad. We allowed it to happened.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Targeting the birds is interesting.

I remember a case a few years back where a boy broke into a zoo in the UK and fed many of the smaller animals to the alligators.

I'm glad I can't understand that type of thinking.

peace

Targeting the birds is interesting ?? .. what does that mean ?

i had a blue maccaw a long time ago in the familly ..
those parrots are big birds but cant defend themself much
thats why they usualy fly very high and stay far from human when they are free

this is a MASS MURDER
nothing interesting in that

hope the guy goes 10 yrs in prison
because he killed birds that are extremely inteligent and aware
the killer was probably jealous that the birds have more IQ then him
edit on 8/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Disgusting is the only word for this. I hope they name and shame the prick when they find out who it is...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Not the wallabys...
But really, it should have been none of them.

I can't understand this either. I always think that anyone who could do this to animals would hurt defenseless children as well. It's sick to say the least.
edit on 8/5/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join