It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we trapped?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth07
There are so many things we can't explain, and probably never will be able to explain as long as we're bound to this universe. Just take for instance "existence". Either something comes from nothing, or it has always been here. Neither explanation is sufficient. We can't comprehend either case. Where does consciousness come from? How do we know that we exist?

These things just baffle my mind. Certain things can eventually be explained by science, but I'm afraid that things like existence and consciousness can never be. They just defy logic.

These things have bothered me for quite some time now. To live in a universe that cannot be explained and to be stuck logically is just terrifying. Sometimes, I would lie in bed half asleep. Then all of sudden a thought about existence and purpose would come, and I would have a panic attack.
edit on 8/4/2012 by Truth07 because: (no reason given)

But everything can be explained by logic if a person is not afraid of seeking the questions/answers wherever the answers come from. The problem is when you do not have the right hypothesis from the beginning and is taught to fail to understand by people who want you trapped in duality working for the trappers.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was taught by Lakota and Apache Elder's about Wakan Tanka (The Great Mystery) . They look at getting Older each day as getting one day closer to Learning what the Mystery IS. Thus they look forward to the end of their lives(lessons).

Aho Mitakuye Oyasin (all are related or all my relations)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And to look at Nature to see the how Life intereact's with each of us in it's Myriad of way's
edit on 4-8-2012 by KingArthur because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

There are so many things we can't explain, and probably never will be able to explain as long as we're bound to this universe. Just take for instance "existence". Either something comes from nothing, or it has always been here. Neither explanation is sufficient. We can't comprehend either case. Where does consciousness come from? How do we know that we exist?

These things just baffle my mind. Certain things can eventually be explained by science, but I'm afraid that things like existence and consciousness can never be. They just defy logic.

Do you have any idea how long we've been in the 'gathering knowledge' game? Heck, we're just babies at it, and we haven't even learned how to climb out of the crib yet! If knowledge were a clock, then just two seconds ago we were trying to figure out how to make a spear. Give us time. We'll figure it all out.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Something appears from nothing and disappears to nothing. Nothing has always been.
The appearance goes on and off but the seer and knower is always present.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Stand on the street. Look up at buildings. Run into people. Hear the constant din. Look down at the concrete. See that you are trapped.

Find the nearest mountain. Climb to its peak. Look out onto the vast earth. Sleep under the stars. See that you are not trapped.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You're right. It might take a very long time for us to understand these things. Our brains are evolving as evolution continues. We started out from a very simple beginning. Look how far we've gone to be able to think and communicate.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

edit on 4-8-2012 by Tylerknight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join