It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our ancients came from Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

In regards to the dinosaur and human tracks:

Explanation of tracks

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Widespread problems in circadian rhythm would suggest you are right. At least some of us are from Mars.

In all of these experiments, after a period of adaptation, the body falls into a precise rhythm of days lasting 24.5 to 26 hours, depending on the individual. This rhythm is set by a biological timepiece scientists call the circadian clock – from the Latin circa ('about') and diem ('a day').

source

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

You forgot to account for all the technology that has been invented. The one in particular that im mentioning.

The light bulb!

Any type of light will mess with our natural body clock throwing that explanation out the window.

Now if we lived outside and actually depended on the sun for once, well then more than likely everyone would be around the same rythym.

Me myself sleep for about 6 hours on average. Going to bed at around 3 A.M. every night.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

If darkness meant sleep, we would be sleeping 14 hours a night in the winter. Darkness does not mean sleep. Light does not mean awake. The troubles we have with our internal clock is widespread.

I believe they already know of previous life on Mars, and are going to use the Cassini mission to "discover" life on one of Saturn's moons. After they've used that to warm us up to the idea, they'll let the rockpile come down and tell us the truth about the solar system and life.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I never said that light means awake and dark sleep. Im saying the longer you keep your lights on the longer that it takes your body to tell you to go to sleep. Why do you think people who go camping don't stay up for very long and wake up early?

Im not arguing with you i just like a little debate now and then is all.

Now for the Mars mission tomorrow, I have my fingers crossed that all is going to go off without a hitch.
If it blew up upon entry, well, i think ill have shed a couple tears just as NASA would have.

I got the science channel on auto tune. Hopefully we can put some of these arguements to rest once and for all.

Its just like rolling a 3 sided loaded die.

Side 1. There is no life on Mars, NASA confirms.
Side 2. There IS life on Mars, NASA cover-ups.
Side 3. (Unlikely scenario) There IS life on Mars, NASA confirms. Everybodys happy.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

Let me do NASA for you.

*seed of truth hits the internet*
NASA man, "there there darlings. It will be okay. It's just not true, because of this, this, and this. Oh, you can trust me. I have a phd in...um...popcorn vending. I have candy in my van. Want me to take you for a ride?"

That's what NASA has to say essentialy. Not holding my breath on real information from them.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

NASA will cover up any information that they find. I have no doubt about that. They make the planet different colors, they stay away from objects that might prove beyond doubt that intelligent life could have existed once on Mars. Why would this time be any different.

I was watching the news the other night and I didn't catch who the speaker for NASA was, I believe it was head of NASA and he was asked what instruments where on Curiosity and he said he had no idea?!? Really??? Then I say why was he even speaking to the public?

Now that makes me wonder what is NASA not wanting us to know about this mission to Mars?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
A study by Czeisler at Harvard found the range for normal, healthy adults of all ages to be quite narrow: 24 hours and 11 minutes ± 16 minutes. The "clock" resets itself daily to the 24-hour cycle of the Earth's rotation.

One theory is that in our evolution the cycle was set when we were mammals and the rotation of the earth was slightly faster, as it is gradually slowing down.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

"normal adults" Sounds like a propaganda study to me. It was common knowledge that our clock was off. Through the ages scientists confirmed it several times. As soon as someone attached the martian idea to it, BAM. The once truth vanished and was rewritten. I wonder why?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel

"normal adults" Sounds like a propaganda study to me. It was common knowledge that our clock was off. Through the ages scientists confirmed it several times. As soon as someone attached the martian idea to it, BAM. The once truth vanished and was rewritten. I wonder why?

Versus sick one. Yes the clock is slightly off and I noted one theory as to why that might be.

You appear paranoid - said earlier studies are still available BAM what you said happened ....didn't

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It's off by more than that. It always has been. That's why sleep aids are one of the most common drugs in America.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It's off by more than that. It always has been. That's why sleep aids are one of the most common drugs in America.

So show evidence that it is.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I showed my source already. Where is your source? You didn't link one.

Stop following me around threads trying to start something.

Treating insomnia with medication is the most common treatment for these sleep problems. Twenty-five percent of Americans take some type of medication every year to help them sleep.

source

That's a pretty conservative estimate for you.
edit on 5-8-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have wondered about this, I kinda think that the dinosaurs were created by martians to help terraform the planet

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
we were created rather than been our own masters,so if anything did come from mars it certainly wasn't human.

i think all of human history is complete bs anyways ...an educated guess at best

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
we were created rather than been our own masters,so if anything did come from mars it certainly wasn't human.

i think all of human history is complete bs anyways ...an educated guess at best

I'm sorry did you say you think that human history is complete? Really? We hardly know the history of the last 2000 years since christ... and our history spans back 800000 years.

To say human history is complete is a very uneducated guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by looneylupinsrevenge

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
We have pretty credible evidence for evolution taking its course over 4 billion years, along with humans ending up at the end. So don't you believe in evolution?

Unless things have changed in the last couple years, cause admittedly I haven't kept up on it, Science still can't explain why life started when and how it did. Sure we know we evolved from single celled organisms, but not why or when. Maybe this theory provides the Rosetta stone, if you will, to figuring it out. Maybe, just maybe, life started because of some outside influence, like say a dying race reaching out to try and preserve what was left of their once "great" race. Just a thought to consider.

Ok, I could be waaay wrong on this... But, the main reason people believe that we evolved from single cell organisms is because we share some of the same genes in our DNA, right? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that. But if that's true, then, that doesn't make complete sense to me. I do believe a form of evolution does occur, but I would call it adaptation. That means there are many variations of certain species or families or orders or whatever... But I am not sure if new species would be created. I know we haven't been here that long, but, we haven't seen any new species evolve. And isn't it a little strange that only ONE species happened to evolve that can speak and learn and think and build?

But, anyway, back to what I was saying... Just because we share some genes in our DNA, how is that conclusive evidence to say that "oh, we came from them. Yep, definitely came from them." ??? Isn't it just as reasonable to say that some space aliens, or God, came along a long time ago and created life, and used some of the same ingredients? Wouldn't it be even MORE strange to look and see that every single species on this planet has unique DNA and NONE of it is shared in any way???

That would be kinda like cooking a great big festive meal and each food item has unique ingredients... Oh! You used salt on the French fries, you can't use it again on your green beans! Oh! You used eggs to bake the cake for dessert, you can't use them to make eggs Benedict. Ok so, I'm not the most knowledgeable cook, so maybe not the best examples... But no, of course you will use some of the same ingredients over again. More than one animal needs a nose to breath out of, right? So you need a gene for that. Doesn't mean they came from each other. I don't look at two different food items, notice that they share some ingredients, and declare that one magically evolved from the other.

Anyway, I said I could be way wrong on this, and I never claimed to know. But my only point I really was trying to make is, WE DON'T KNOW! Until we witness a horse or something give birth to some new animal we've never seen before, or find some other evidence other than shared genes, I can't really be fully convinced. And I've seen professional mainstream science proven wrong so many times throughout history, and even to this day, so, what makes me think it must be right THIS time?? I just saw an article about a study that shows that chemotherapy can sometimes ENHANCE cancer, not kill it. So, yes, even to THIS DAY...

ETA- So all we can do, is speculate until we find out more, and even then it leads to another round of speculation, and another, and another... But some of us are not even capable of speculating. Some of us are only capable of staying in a rigid mainframe and ridiculing others who don't believe the same exact things...
edit on 6-8-2012 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Stari

Widespread problems in circadian rhythm would suggest you are right. At least some of us are from Mars.

In all of these experiments, after a period of adaptation, the body falls into a precise rhythm of days lasting 24.5 to 26 hours, depending on the individual. This rhythm is set by a biological timepiece scientists call the circadian clock – from the Latin circa ('about') and diem ('a day').

source

Wow thank you for sharing that information with us. I read a book a while ago called Martian Genesis, I think, and this idea has stuck with me ever since. The guy mentions just about every correlation, but I don't think he mentioned that. Thanks again

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

Originally posted by sitchin

I'm sorry did you say you think that human history is complete? Really? We hardly know the history of the last 2000 years since christ... and our history spans back 800000 years.

To say human history is complete is a very uneducated guess.

No, that person did not say it was "complete", they said it was "complete bs". There is a big difference. Do you know what bs means? The b stands for "bull", and the s stands for a bad word I can't say here that is synonymous with feces. You know, poop? So, when put together, you have a word similar to "bullpoop".

Now, taking what we've learned and applying it to the statement made by the person who you were addressing, we can come to the conclusion that they were actually saying that "human history is complete bullpoop", or, another more accurate way to say it would be "what we know about human history is complete bullpoop". If one wished, they might replace "bullpoop" with another derogatory, dismissive term, such as "rubbish", or "hogwash", or "nonsense", or perhaps "poppycock".

Basically they were saying that we do not know much of anything when it comes to the truth of human history.
I hope that I have been helpful to you or anyone else who may have encountered a similar misunderstanding with that particular statement.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Poppycock? lolol too funny
... Not heard that word in a long time.

Well I believe that humans or life would be a better way to put it evolved on Mars and took a form that would have fit that planet. And then came to this planet when theirs was no longer livable, possibly they visited here frequently, maybe they seeded Earth prier to their home planets demise. And then once here they started evolving here, possibly taking daughters of men from this planet to mate with. Where did I hear that before?

Of course these are all guesses all we can do is take the info that we do know and have available to us and make intelligent assumptions.

Wouldn't it be so much easier to have either a time traveler come to us and set the record straight or an alien... Let's not hold our breathe on that one

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join