It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day we lost our country

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

December 23 1913 was way worse than the Bush family.

Bush is only the output.

This is a good candidate too. The day the Federal Reserve was created.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

ATS promotes far too much engestion. Every person in this thread so far has had to think for themselves.

That is why cryptic delivery exists. It's effective at promoting thought.

You would know that if you had thought about it a little bit more.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I don't doubt you're serious.

Trust me, I no doubt share many of your concerns. The shrub is not the source of our ills...a symptom maybe, but the source, not even remotely.

As I said earlier, lack of involvement is the real issue here. If more people had voted? How might the 2000 election have played out? President Gore, *shudder* with control of both houses of Congress? Or, President Bush wins by decisive margins elsewhere, making Florida irrelevant.

That's the thing, we'll never know.

If we, as citizens don't care enough to partake in the process, why fuss? We got what we deserve. A gov't. that thinks, actually knows, that it can do whatever it wants, because the citizens won't do the work necessary to oversee the people they put into office.

There you have it. Until such time as Americans, or any other nationality, are prepared to put in the hard work that is required to change things...we need to shut up, and take our yummy medicine...after all, they know best, don't they?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
As long as most of the people of World are Happy Playing with their I-phones and their X-boxes and watching judge judy and just keep voting the same Criminals in office over & over I feel it's not going to change for the better. Yes more & More people are Unplugging from the Matrix, But we need a whole lot more. And our So Called leaders are just Thieves
that should have been Locked up years ago. and now with Electronic Voting people pushing a button for Al Gore and it says you have just voted for G.B. well we know the rest. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I can make the case for Nov 22, 1963 (JFK Assassination) OR the day that the Continuity Of Government (COG) plans and it's sub-parts (under Rex 84; Operations Garden Plot and Cable Splice) were implemented and directed at the American people instead of being set up for the aftermath of a nuclear attack by a foreign enemy.

The day JFK was murdered was definitely the day that it finally came to the attention of American people that their country was dead.

But it actually died many years earlier, in fact it died on September 2,1789 when George Washington appointed Alexander Hamilton to be the first Secretary of Treasury (he actually took office on the 11th) and the printing presses cranked up to pay the revolutionary war debt.

Alexander Hamilton explicitly connected (with a blatancy, even a joyousness, impossible for politicians today) his vision of a federally encouraged and managed national economy – fed by massive federal borrowing; supported by a slate of taxes carefully calculated to achieve social ends; based on the consolidation of industry and finance and the absorption of small enterprises into corporate structures with the closest possible ties to the executive branch of government – with his concomitant vision of a large, privileged military establishment; national unity imposed by brute force of arms; day-to-day policing of the citizenry by the military, when deemed necessary by the executive; and the systematic violation, when deemed necessary, of virtually every one of the individual liberties that had been set out, so reverently and recently, in the first ten amendments to the Constitution.

www.lewrockwell.com...

War and printing presses have always worked hand in glove in the interests of the US government and its principle corporate sponsors.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaytay
and now with Electronic Voting people pushing a button for Al Gore and it says you have just voted for G.B. well we know the rest. Thanks.

I guess that cancels all the dead people and prisoners voting for the democrats.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I can make the case for Nov 22, 1963 (JFK Assassination) OR the day that the Continuity Of Government (COG) plans and it's sub-parts (under Rex 84; Operations Garden Plot and Cable Splice) were implemented and directed at the American people instead of being set up for the aftermath of a nuclear attack by a foreign enemy.

The day JFK was murdered was definitely the day that it finally came to the attention of American people that their country was dead.

But it actually died many years earlier, in fact it died on September 2,1789 when George Washington appointed Alexander Hamilton to be the first Secretary of Treasury (he actually took office on the 11th) and the printing presses cranked up to pay the revolutionary war debt.

Alexander Hamilton explicitly connected (with a blatancy, even a joyousness, impossible for politicians today) his vision of a federally encouraged and managed national economy – fed by massive federal borrowing; supported by a slate of taxes carefully calculated to achieve social ends; based on the consolidation of industry and finance and the absorption of small enterprises into corporate structures with the closest possible ties to the executive branch of government – with his concomitant vision of a large, privileged military establishment; national unity imposed by brute force of arms; day-to-day policing of the citizenry by the military, when deemed necessary by the executive; and the systematic violation, when deemed necessary, of virtually every one of the individual liberties that had been set out, so reverently and recently, in the first ten amendments to the Constitution.

www.lewrockwell.com...

War and printing presses have always worked hand in glove in the interests of the US government and its principle corporate sponsors.

I agree whole heartedly with you about the November 22, 1963 date. We lost our country to the other side that day. The other dates were bad, but Kennedy seemed to have it on the way back. I remember that day well.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Dec 23, 1913 being the day that they snuck in the vote on the Federal Reserve Act, of course. Another wound in the death of a dozen cuts.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Yes the Patriot Act was another cut in the body of the republic...so was NDAA and the Health Care Act. The final cut (or nail to mix metaphors) will be when they either repeal the 2nd Amendment or declare national Martial Law.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

I agree whole heartedly with you about the November 22, 1963 date. We lost our country to the other side that day. The other dates were bad, but Kennedy seemed to have it on the way back. I remember that day well.

The two historical events fit together perfectly because Kennedy had passed Exec. Order 11110 in an attempt to right the original monetary wrongs initiated by Hamilton and which had continued through all of the administrations until his own.

Pres­i­dent Kennedy, through a slight admin­is­tra­tive amend­ment, cre­ates a mech­a­nism to nation­al­ize or elim­i­nate the Fed­eral Reserve and restore the power of money cre­ation to Con­gress as stated in Arti­cle I Sec­tion 8 of the Con­sti­tu­tion. By sign­ing this instru­ment on June 4, 1963, Pres­i­dent Kennedy autho­rized the Trea­sury “to issue sil­ver cer­tifi­cates against any sil­ver bul­lion, sil­ver, or stan­dard sil­ver dol­lars in the Trea­sury.”

enlightenedcitizensofamerica.com...

More than $4 billion in silver backed, non debt bearing notes were brought into circulation in $2 and $5 denominations five months before Kennedy was killed. The $10 and $20 United States Notes were never circulated but were being printed by the Treasury Department when Kennedy was assassinated.

edit on 4-8-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

I hope you don't mind but I would like to take your post and use it for a song. I love the way you wrote those lines they flow so poetic.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Are you aware at the time of our revolution there was a 60% apathy rate? Around 30% of the population were patriots and 10% were Tories.

The constitution clearly states that if there is a issue with a presidential election it is up to congress to decide. They let the supreme court rule instead and this ruling appointed GWB as president. Research has also proven that Gore won Florida.

So just about everything GWB did was criminal and unconstitutional. His supreme court appointees will not overturn the patriot act, just as any possible future supreme court nominees by Obame won't overturn what he has done. The democrats ran on a platform of undoing much of what GWB did, but it didn't turn out that way, just like Romney is running on undoing what Obama has done. Do you think he will honestly overturn the ACA, seriously?

We are in a no win situation, remember that when your guy wins whatever party you support.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

December 23 1913 was way worse than the Bush family.

Bush is only the output.

^This. It's all been downhill from 1913 on. The Federal Reserve Act was the death knell for the US as it was founded and intended to be.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerknight

I think ATS has rights to everything we post here. Have to ask them. It's going to be a sad song though. Perhaps make it country and western?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
reply to post by WhatTheory

That's the day George W. Bush took office after the supreme court ruled it so. The day we let him take office on that decision was the day we lost the country.

Another Bush bash thread? Those are a rarity here on ATS. We spend all our time bashing Obama. Go read Bush's Presidential history.
edit on 4-8-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

My friend you're confused. Bush is no different than Obama and vice versa. They're all on the same agenda. Until everyone realizes that, we'll remain in the same endless cycle.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Bush ruined this country by not taking the 9/11 threat seriously. They were warned multiple times. Or according who you talk to he planned it. Either way he was involved somehow....9/11 was the beginning of the end.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

9/11 was the beginning of the end.

Or was it more like the end of the end? the coup de gras, so to speak.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join