It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans created God, not vice versa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In the beginning, I was one of those typical good Catholic kids. I believed, for the longest time, that God created everything, including us humans.

Then, a couple of years ago, this idea hit me like a brick. What if humans created God? God didn't exist until humans began to think. We are the creators of God. We're the people who gave God life.

Before you call me liar, just remember that we've been "creating" Gods for centuries. Just look at the Greeks and Romans. They created Zeus, the god of thunder. Zeus wasn't the only one. There was a Moon God, Sun God, Earth God, Star God, Air God, and tons of other Gods too numerous to mention. You can take a look at other cultures and civilzations, and they did the EXACT same thing. Indians had a corn God. Egyptians had a flood God. Muslims have this strange God that, when you die, you get to have your way with 70(?) virgins. That's a pretty cool God if you're a guy, sucks if you're female.

Now think about this. What if humans never existed? Do you think any of these Gods would have existed? No, they would never have existed. Humans create a "God" to explain the unexplainable. People didn't know what created thunder, how the sun moved, or what caused the earth to quake. So instead, we say that it must be the work of a God.

Today, we know that there is no sun, thunder, or earth God. That is because we know how the sun, earth, and lightning works. As humans get smarter, we realize that we do not need a God to explain the unexplainable anymore. I bet, in 300 years, there will be no more religion. It's starting to happen already. Like, 1000 years ago, EVERYONE had a religion. Today, less than half the people in the world believe that there is a God. As we get smarter, as we get more knowledgable, we will then realize that God didn't create us, but it's us that created God.

[Edited on 10-10-2004 by Sypus]

[Edited on 10-10-2004 by Sypus]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Very good. You have made the first step in understanding what God really is.

God DID come about when we began to think. I think that God is actually the collection of those perfect beings whose thoughts have refined themselves through the eons and gathered themselves into an immortal greatness.

Perhaps there existed some original cosmic being from which the seed of mankind's intelligence has descended, and those of us able to rejoin it become "God" also.

But truly spoken, the God of the bible is and cannot ever be the True God of all intelligence.

I pity your years of Catholic mind-abuse. Congradulations emerging intact enough to think this glorious thought. God IS thought, and this power is greater than all others.

When your mind continues to think like this, you open up the higher regions of your mind, and the heavens attach themselves to you in a form of light. That is what Jesus was - very pure and wise form of this light. Our bodies are just containers for this power. The whole business of living on earth is to see if you can collect enough light in your container to form a spiritual body, which is the true immortality of Christ. If you don't form enough light in your container, then you fall back into dust, and something really gross comes out of you. And it's not light, but dark.

If you wish to know more about how Human Thought is related to God (And yes, there really is a GOD) then you need to study the gnostics. You can find a lot of very useful knowledge online. Some of it is silly, but the parts that pertain to the phenomenon of human thought and the psychology of the group-consciousness we must overcome to emerge as individuals is important to learn if you desire to attain the true Christian Immortality.

Arkaleus

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Too true!

God only exsists from human consiousness... god is all our minds together creating something which doesnt physically exsist, but is there at the same time...

Its hard to explain, but he's all of us creating a higher being.

Read Arks post... his brain is working a little better than mine is

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Tis funny to hear people sound so smart when they try to proove that there is no God. I used to think the same thing, but smarts said that instead of forming an opinion and then finding proof to back my opinion, I instead looked for proof and then got my opinion. That is why I know HE IS. Seek and you'll find. Don't seek, won't find.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
but don't you think we would know...
like we found out our nose was still there when it was pulled off
humans aren't stupid...
then don't you think we would know to stop since we finally realize something isn't real?...
then why do we still beleive.... maybe because it is real.
then how do you explain how I saw Him?
how I am now devoted to being...christian.
fear ...no
because I think there is an afterlife...no
because I have seen and I have felt
and He was there so why would I deny it.

So...I just must be crazy now, that must be it.
Then I shall be crazy! For the rest of my life...

trying to follow all the commandments.
no sex until marriage...but why would I do that
considering i'm pretty ..."hot" not trying to sound conceded (Sp) just stating a fact
and the many guys that have liked me... how come...
just like I said though...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I believe God exists. I just can't fathom how the "Big Bang" created all that is. However, i do not and will not follow any of the major religons today. They're all rooted in lies and christianity is just a copy of ancient sumerian tales and epics that were created thousands of years before christianity. I believe Jesus existed, but i don't believe he was some sort of miracle worker or anything like the bible says he was.

The only reason i could question god's existence is this: With all of this newly found modern religous hatred for one another (christians vs. muslims), why doesn't God just come down here and unite everyone into one religon, the REAL relgion? Wars would cease, we'd all know the truth, etc.

But then again, saying God exists is just like saying this dancing bannana exists

Nobody's really tangibly seen or heard God, no matter all of the religous stories you hear.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"I believe God exists. but i don't believe he was some sort of miracle worker or anything like the bible says he was. "

God Jesus the holy spirit are the same thing...
you say you beleive in God but not the bible....
...hmmmm

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Regnassem...

God isnt only in the bible... god is worship by other religions other than those of the bible... Your posts in this thread have made little sense, and the quote you quoted in your last post wasnt even what Kwintz said...

aNyways your first post is very confusing and i take it as saying that you naturally follow the commandments?

I dont see this as possible seeing as sexual urges are natural even if your not married

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
But then again, saying God exists is just like saying this dancing bannana exists

I see the dancing banana dancing all bananalike, I know where it lives and how its pixels are made up into its peel and its stupid-looking eyes and gypsy-red lips and bouncing mitts and little leggies.

The dancing banana exists, and yet I call it banana while you call it bannana.

The banana has a greater presence and existence than does God in these forsaken pastures.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Regnassem...

God isnt only in the bible... god is worship by other religions other than those of the bible... Your posts in this thread have made little sense, and the quote you quoted in your last post wasnt even what Kwintz said...

aNyways your first post is very confusing and i take it as saying that you naturally follow the commandments?

I dont see this as possible seeing as sexual urges are natural even if your not married

and what I meant by that other one was why would I give up such things
to follow this non exsistant "god."

sorry if my threads have confused you, but I hope it is all clear now ^.^;
anyways... I really should go to bed now... but will I... maybe....

[Edited on 10-10-2004 by regnassem]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I see the dancing banana dancing all bananalike, I know where it lives and how its pixels are made up into its peel and its stupid-looking eyes and gypsy-red lips and bouncing mitts and little leggies.

lol..... ....HAHA

[Edited on 10-10-2004 by regnassem]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
masked avatar,
your dancing banana (or bannana) point is very valid, you both believe i the banana but call it by different names... that and the banana has created more in my eyes than god has...

Regnassem,

people give up these things because they fear god, and are told to fear the consequences of natural instincts and urges... I didnt give up those things, and i dont see why others should... i respect peoples beliefs even though i believe them to be wrong so i wont push things on them. I think religion is a good thing untill it is corrupted (it may be truthfull, but people sometimes need to turn to a higher power to cope with life)

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz[/i

The only reason i could question god's existence is this: With all of this newly found modern religous hatred for one another (christians vs. muslims), why doesn't God just come down here and unite everyone into one religon, the REAL relgion? Wars would cease, we'd all know the truth, etc.

Dont worry He is coming down here, when the time is right for Him. He isnt bound by time. When He does come there will be peace on earth, so He has given us all free will to choose to believe on Jesus or not. But you need to make that choice now because when He does come back it will be too late.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

Regnassem,

people give up these things because they fear god, and are told to fear the consequences of natural instincts and urges... I didnt give up those things, and i dont see why others should... i respect peoples beliefs even though i believe them to be wrong so i wont push things on them. I think religion is a good thing untill it is corrupted (it may be truthfull, but people sometimes need to turn to a higher power to cope with life)

Christians who have found God need only follow 2 commandments. One is to love God with all your heart mind and soul and two is to love each other as we love ourselves. And true christians do this not out of fear, because they are scared, but because they love God and want to please Him, and they know that God loves them back infinitly more

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Originally posted by Kwintz

The banana has a greater presence and existence than does God in these forsaken pastures.

Haha LMFAO...
what color is are your guys' dancing banana's (or BANNANA'S, sorry i'm an idiot haha)? Mine is green...very ripe indeed.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well Kwintz see's a green bannana yet i see a yellow banana... we both see different bananas, yet these bananas cone from the same source... and was created by humans...

The banana is god... all hail the banana!!!

top topics

join