It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CIA Had A Stealthy Insectocopter Flying 40 Years Ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The insectocopter's job would have been to deliver listening bugs used to surveil unsuspecting targets, but the little drone could never quite manage to hold its own against crosswinds so the project was eventually scrappped. Had it not been, we probably wouldn't be hearing about it today.
gizmodo.com...

I doubt this project was scrapped. The claim it failed due to instability caused by wind. Indoors with a microphone would be perfect. I am sure they have little bugs now that can scatter and produce a sonar image of the battlefield. Or mosquitoes that can kill.

An old friend of mine that was involved in military projects years ago told me that todays toy helicopters were yesterdays top secret million dollar machines.

AR drone, camera, and ipad controlled.

For a few hundred you can get a VR glasses that allow you to fly the plane from the cockit,

www.xheli.com...

Talk about cheap drones. Yesterdays top secret technology is today's toys and gadgets. The make billions of dollars selling us 40 year old tech. Just remember that the real technology that exists is 40 years ahead of us or more.

That is the truth.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sorta related is the CIA's secret robot fish named Charlie

"Charlie's mission was to collect water samples" ...my ass.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If you want to spy on someone cheap just go to walmart. Here's a rc plane with a built in camera for a little over 50 bucks. Air Hogs Hawk Eye BlueSky Remote-Control Vehicle, Black/Green

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If students are experimenting with this technology, I am sure this is 40 year old tech as well.

new topics

top topics

join