It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-D Printed Exoskeleton Gives 2 yr old Ability to Move Her Arms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysis

As I stated in the other thread,
Isn't it a horrible joke?
This device will enable a child to feel normal, it will shape her / his life by allowing this child to get past mental chains in turn making the people around her / him to live a better life just by knowing the child is happy.
But bombs are more profitable so no major funding will ever go into this project vs bombs...
Excellent video, excellent tech and so simple!
Something tells me the investors were duped into this project by being told it was for "arms developement".
This video is a glimmer of hope in a very dark world. S&F Sir.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by jude11

Wow Jude did you get out of the wrong side of bed today? Thats a very touching video but you are only seeing negative things.

Its just technology, yes it can be used for bad as well as good but so can ANY tool that has ever been invented in the history of mankind and guess what? we have made it this far in spite of that.

To my mind 3D printing technology could be the one development that really lifts mankind out of the material based world that we live in today. Eventually we are going to have machines that can make whatever we want. Ill bet that when that happens we will find that we dont want a hell of a lot , just the comforts in life and some of the latest tech.

I have faith in humanity and look forward to a better future. Its either that or just give up now ..and i cant do that because im not a quitter

I'd have to agreed with Phoenix Jude, you need some chocolate milk STAT Bro!

The tech was originally designed I'm sure for the advancement of humanity, but was most probably hijacked by bad people.
Someone with a good heart just hijacked it back.
Unless like I said previously folks got duped into it because they heard it was for arms developement.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The trouble is most tech is developed by DARPA in the first place and then filters down to the rest of us. Its been like that for years.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

It took humans to make this but it will undoubtedly also be used to do harm as all technology seems to go that way. For example...This same technology has already been used to make a gun.

Peace

This is why science without spirituality is problematic. Science and technology are just tools; how humans use those tools depends on ethics, which is informed by spirituality. It seems to me that the greatest scientific minds in history have also recognized this.

For instance Einstein helped to develop the atomic bomb, but he was a pacifist and regretted his part in its development. Hopefully quantum physics will help us to bridge the gap between science and spirituality.
edit on 4-8-2012 by wagnificent because: formatting

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Being a dad this breaks my heart as well as fills me will love, this girl will appreciate life in a way most of us will never understand and the love and the dedication from the parents is remarkable... s n f

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I wonder all the great things we could achieve if we didn't waste so much time, money and energy towards war and greed. Nice story, not the norm around here.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

There is an opportunity cost for everything. These people gave up their resources and time to help people when it technically could've been used towards more profitable endeavors. The real question is: what would they have to do to make these charitable projects sustainable? Someone has to pay for the resources and time used, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You see, there is 3D printing used to do something very good for a little girl you needed some goodness to come her way. I think Anti-Tech people forget something. All tech will be used for good and bad means. It makes no logic to say that since technology can be used for evil ends we should reject all advanced technology.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wonder if such a thing could help someone like me. Really i think i was born a bit too early when i see such things.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysis
reply to post by Hr2burn

There is an opportunity cost for everything. These people gave up their resources and time to help people when it technically could've been used towards more profitable endeavors. The real question is: what would they have to do to make these charitable projects sustainable? Someone has to pay for the resources and time used, unfortunately.

no more sustainable than our central banks who create money out of thin air then have governments pay them for the perceived value of such magic money...

the banks created the money from nothing yet it hold a value in your eyes..... do you think that is sustainable?
edit on 6-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join