It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replacing Traditional Electricity With Laser Power

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by buster2010

Transmitting electricity through the ground (Tesla's method) is terribly inefficient. That's why we use wire.

The electricity was transmitted through the air you just needed to connect it to the ground to complete the circuit.

edit on 3-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The electricity was transmitted through the ground you just needed an antenna to "complete the circuit". Electricity doesn't really travel through the air very well.

Very inefficient.
edit on 8/3/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well.... There could be uses....

I'm sure it's too big to take anywhere so Military use is limited. Although if the target comes to you.... Well, this would be quite a blast to the eyes of any satellite going over, wouldn't it? I wonder how much science we see right now is cast offs of war time development we don't know about yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Lol i searched for that word and i only got one meaning "Restroom".

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The electricity was transmitted through the ground you just needed an antenna to "complete the circuit". Electricity doesn't really travel through the air very well.

Very inefficient.
edit on 8/3/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Actually, electricity resonating between the earth and the ionosphere does indeed travel extremely efficiently, with very little loss. The trick is setting such electricity in motion and then capturing it. Tesla discovered the principles, and with our current fabrication and material sciences, nanotechnology being what they are, a global wireless transmission of power is a very real and attainable goal. It is still at odds with the current infrastructure, but if the masses were given incentive to abandon and completely replace our power distribution infrastructure it would not be a problem that could not be overcome with a decade or two of sincere effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join