It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vested interests: explain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hi ATS'ers! I don't post all that often and when I do it is to draw on your emotions happy/sad mostly, for that I am sorry to the point where I must end my life...my pseudo life that is :p

I'm trying to change my ways I really am!...

I first came across this site looking for UFO investigations in '08 being me and seeing the name abovetopsecret I thought it would have centered around "top secret" how wrong I was, how happy I am...

I now have a vested interest in this site, I have invested countless hours trudging through all kinds of post well structured to the utmost vitriolic drivel known to man...I think. The thing that really draws me to this site is the socioPolitical factors that influence our everyday life, whether they may be foreign policy's or some national entity we may loathe we can vent our frustrations on here and do it without no repercussion at all, well not yet...

You can't take away what this site has to offer, it has a mix of people with similiar/dissimilar outlooks on life. You're all scholars in your own right :p

I wish this site could somehow be used to bring about change...as I feel it is somewhat of a little known entity when alot more people should be made aware of the issues highlighted on here, for a greater good.

We need to etch into people the fact that there is a time to change how we go about living our lives, how we are influenced day to day and the way we conduct ourselves in general whether we are forced to do the things we do or not...

I'm somewhat content with how I live my life, I make time to come on here(my body is an alarm clock that wakes me up to post things like I am now). I hope you are hoping to live a more fulfilling life like I am. But really, hope only goes so far it's our actions that make what we had hoped for a reality. What do you hope for? What are your vested interests in a site like this? Why do you live and who and what do you live for?

Could your standards of living be improved and how can they? Do you really
Need the money you require to make it a reality or do you just need a shared vested interest?

I hope you can make sense of all this because I can't.

I hope this finds you well and if it doesn't then it hasn't found you at all.

-SoS-
edit on 3-8-2012 by Sounds_of_Silence because: Typing off IPhone

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The problem is most people on this site, well, I don't know how to put diplomatically and for that I apologize, are not accepted by mainstream society. People like Birthers and Truthers, for example, are generally laughed at by most people in society because they can't accept what the people here have to say about some things, and some things on this site are taboo subjects for mainstream society. That is, most people are uninterested in esoteric things and things that are exceptionally hard to impossible to prove, and sometimes downright hostile.

People who believe in UFOs are generally ridiculed yet science says because there's such huge amounts of outer space out there there must be life somewhere. I don't see why it's okay to believe in this without any proof, but it's not okay to believe in UFOs without any proof. Science and society is screwy in that way.

But hey, it's good stuff here, and if you're not an old hat to these subjects, there is a lot you can learn here.

But it's best to take many things with a grain of salt. Some people are just here to be entertained and have a good time.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm sure anyone with whatever unconventional belief will find a circle of like-minded people offline, one way or another. The far-left movement is full of conspiracy theorists with stuff to say about TPTB and MSM manipulation. The 'freeman' movement is on the fringes, but quite real. There are numerous UFO/paranormal groups that meet up every so often.
You're spoiled for choice if you dig deep enough.
edit on 3-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

I wish this site could somehow be used to bring about change...as I feel it is somewhat of a little known entity when alot more people should be made aware of the issues highlighted on here, for a greater good.

To make an analogy, ATS is like a ship.

The reason that she runs so well is due the fact that everyone gets a say but the Skipper gets the final word and the decision(s) are primarily his.
ATS has a very good Skipper - SkepticOverlord.
Her Officers, the other site Admins & Mods, regularly walk the decks ensuring everything goes according to the rules.
Then there is us - her crew, bringing the essence of what ATS is all about. Some of the sharpest minds on the net reside on this site.

Intended destination? Over the horizon and into the great unknown.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

The reason that she runs so well is due the fact that everyone gets a say but the Skipper gets the final word and the decision(s) are primarily his.
Her Officers, the other site Admins & Mods, regularly walk the decks ensuring everything goes according to the rules.
Then there is us - her crew, bringing the essence of what ATS is all about. Some of the sharpest minds on the net reside on this site.

ATS be bringing ye rum, sodomy and the lash on these high seas. Arrrrgghhh!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

ATS be bringing ye rum, sodomy and the lash on these high seas. Arrrrgghhh!

I provide all 3 services now you mention it - wenches are an extra though

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Well, what do you think pirates actually mean when they say swab the poop deck?

Think about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by XeroOne

Well, what do you think pirates actually mean when they say swab the poop deck?

Think about it.

Well, it be needin a darn good swabbin' after a good seein to by Cap'n Birds Eye. Arrgghhh!

top topics

join