It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the U.S. we don't learn about the people who cultured this land for thousands of yrs, why?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I almost choked on my soda to see what the item of evidence is they..ahem..hold up...as the magic proof.

However, I love your OP and agree entirely. The whole world shows major civilization starting, appearing or whatever between 11,400 and about 12,500 years ago. Whatever happened before that...it seems almost like a reset from my lay level of knowledge.

All the other continents show some sign of things along the way since....except ours. We don't have Pyramids or great mysterious forms from the past. No enormous networks of tunnels from that period and since like Peru, Turkey and parts of Europe.

What all do we actually know about our own past as Americans here? The Indians were too primitive, no offense everyone, to represent the end result of 11,000 years of ongoing living. The other continents would seem to show how that went for the comparison. Just, not here. So indeed,,,, who did occupy this land for those thousands of years and where did anything they ever did, go?

Why make the assumption that civilizations are going to progress at the same rate? right now there are tribes of various cultures that do not use the technological advances even though they have reasonable measure of aquiring them. Now take that to civilizations that did not have that contact. Enviornment plays an important role as well. Pressures and the style of living will change behavior as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Take a break, Groucho.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Murad

Let's put a number to that of how many Native Americans have been slaughtered by white man.......

100 MILLION +

THAT'S the hidden history FACTS they don't teach in white man's schools of genocide of the Native American.......then in all their white man hypocracy USE Native American symbols for sporting teams while they still continue to treat Indian Reservations like concentration camps and Indians like 4th world citizens!

How many Native Americans per capita are in military service compared to White Americans?

The hypocracy of White America just oozes!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
What happened to the Native Americans has to be hidden. Royalty and religion would have a lot of explaining to do.

For hundreds of years, humanity has been warned of the evil that exists in this world. So what do they do in response? Worship these disgusting mortals and make war with innocent people who had nothing to do with slavery

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

What happened to the Native Americans has to be hidden. Royalty and religion would have a lot of explaining to do.

For hundreds of years, humanity has been warned of the evil that exists in this world. So what do they do in response? Worship these disgusting mortals and make war with innocent people who had nothing to do with slavery

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It's pretty complicate i guess. Do we look into and present these lost people to the public and risk our current culture realizing we have no real past, and let the world know exactly how this land came to be colonized. Truly violent start we had,

Or do we not even mention it and avoid all the possible bad outcomes of truly knowing what took place on our land and what happened to millions of people

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silo4
It's pretty complicate i guess. Do we look into and present these lost people to the public and risk our current culture realizing we have no real past, and let the world know exactly how this land came to be colonized. Truly violent start we had,

Or do we not even mention it and avoid all the possible bad outcomes of truly knowing what took place on our land and what happened to millions of people

I agree it's sick what happened to native americans and it's been a very painful spike of contention in the political realm. I just wish people would realize the truth that these genocides didn't happen because of skin color. That is political #ary
Hopefully with the internet, the truth will be mainstream and we can stop these uselsess wars over skin color and ethnicity

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

I agree it's sick what happened to native americans and it's been a very painful spike of contention in the political realm. I just wish people would realize the truth that these genocides didn't happen because of skin color. That is political #ary
Hopefully with the internet, the truth will be mainstream and we can stop these uselsess wars over skin color and ethnicity

I personally have a theory that the world is so flawed by this point that another world war with massive loss of life is the only way to bring about true peace.

Only thing that could be devastating enough on every level to erase borders and learn to live together. Only way to reduce the very powerful emotions involved with all the difference in culture, religion, and past offense etc, is when people are so drained and so wore out and so lost that their previous motives can be changed..

A world MkUltra if you will, break people down and rebuild them.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I personally have a theory that the world is so flawed by this point that another world war with massive loss of life is the only way to bring about true peace.

Only thing that could be devastating enough on every level to erase borders and learn to live together. Only way to reduce the very powerful emotions involved with all the difference in culture, religion, and past offense etc, is when people are so drained and so wore out and so lost that their previous motives can be changed..

A world MkUltra if you will, break people down and rebuild them.

Personally, I disagree and think we don't need death to be reborn as a society, we just need to acknowledge what is already within

Edit: On a spiritual level, I think our end goal is either immortality or to recapture what we once had. I mean, what's the purpose of existence if we're only a cog in the machine that wears out and is replaced?
There is definately a reason for all of this
In jesus' name
edit on 4-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
because then they'd have to explain the massive genocide commited against the original inhabitants and the survivors being forced onto reservations to endure subhuman living conditions ...

so they give the whitewashed version of history... truth is never pretty...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

They don't say that history is written by the victors for nothing. But every battle/war/event is like that I suppose. One must not be ignorant and listen (thus believe in) to only one side of the story but be as rational and objective as one can be. I guess as far as ancient American cultures or the Native American people are concerned we will never know the "real" truth or at least their viewpoint on the whole matter because of the lack of written documents or any writings at all. Many cultures became irreversibly lost because of it. Without trying to be sarcastic, there is very little we can learn about history from a piece of fosillised feces.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cypruswolf

But its not hidden........
Its common knowledge

SHHHHH - your going to ruin the lets bash the West / white man thread. I wonder where these people received their education from who state that the blight of the Native Indians is not taught in schools.....
edit on 4-8-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

They barely talk about Native Americans at school. It's like one paragraph in a history book.

edit on 4-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Anyone that uses... and only uses a text book for an understanding of history is sorely deprived.

Most subjects in textbooks are glossed over because their is only limited amounts of time, the school curriculim only hits the high points of history, and the "no child left behind" design programs only focus on the End Of Grade testing.

This is where student initiative comes in. In the library there are books... lots of books on a wide variety of subjects including ancient America and the Native Americans or Indians and their culture.

Further, there are many, many, many museums, cultural centers, and historical markers and trails that illustrate the life, society, culture, and the plight and decline of the native American peoples.

Even in the little town of Aurora, NC... there is a wonderful display and several exhibits of ancient artifacts, dioramas, and displays illustrating the various ages and developement of the natives here in eastern NC... and a fossile museum to and how the sea and fossils helped support the civilization of hunters and fishers along the Pamlico Sound.

There is no dark secret about the plight of Native Americans. There is no secret about the varied and sophisticated histories of Native Americans through the ages... heck, where I live there are numerous markers pointing out the ancient trails of a very sophisticated and intricate trade network that stretched from the Gulf of Mexico to Canada and most of the roads in this area are based on those very trails.

The reason there are no majestic ruins...aka pyramids and temples from 12,000+ years ago is most of North america was under ice and in the midst of an Ice Age... just like Northern Europe. That's why most of the ancient ruins of any size lie south towards the equator.

As for the bad ol' demon of white man... sure, they did some bad things... but not uncommon or new...even my ancestors from Scotland and Ireland had their lands taken, families slaughtered or exiled, and sent to somewhere else... who is crying for my Irish clan?

I suggest some of you stop the YouTube lesson plan and get out and ride a little bit. Go to some of these FREE visitor centers, stop and read the markers and trails, go to some museums in some of the really cool off the path routes and learn how to think, correlate, rationalize... read a book, walk the very paths of the ancient Americans, do some real research. It's summer... go to a natural lake or creek or river basin that is low... look for arrow heads and pottery... wonder and deduce why they are there...what were the influences?

NC and most states have some wonderful museums and talented staff provided under their cultural history departments and your tax money... go use them.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Btw saying "cultured" this land implies that whites have no culture which is just racist propaganda. Yall don't think much

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Its common knowledge

SHHHHH - your going to ruin the lets bash the West / white man thread. I wonder where these people received their education from who state that the blight of the Native Indians is not taught in schools.....

Funny you have zero constructive input, I don't even know any natives nor do i hate the white man. It gos way deeper than oh the poor indians we must know their story.. It's history being buried from not only the citizens of this country but the world.

There's no reason for it, just like there's no reason for non constructive, general, assuming, post that has not contributed to the thought line at all in any intelligent manner.

Not to mention the quote you chose doesn't even side with your line of thoughts... lol come on. Troll better

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Its common knowledge

Funny you have zero constructive input, I don't even know any natives nor do i hate the white man. It gos way deeper than oh the poor indians we must know their story.. It's history being buried from not only the citizens of this country but the world.

There's no reason for it, just like there's no reason for non constructive, general, assuming, post that has not contributed to the thought line at all in any intelligent manner.

Not to mention the quote you chose doesn't even side with your line of thoughts... lol come on. Troll better

Oh come on. 99% of these threads have the same goal and spread the same lies about us.
Get real bro.

edit: and you also ignored my question which is typical of your kind. Anyways i'll be back sometime this weekend to respond to your post if you leave anything positive or worth replying to.
Peace and try to forgive us, we didn't do it
edit on 4-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I was aware of collusion between some tribes and the Europeans. You have raised my interest to enough to read about the French and Indian wars today.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cypruswolf

It's common knowledge for many of us, but many of us also remain oblivious to it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Btw saying "cultured" this land implies that whites have no culture which is just racist propaganda. Yall don't think much

I'm white and i've used the word cultured many times in this thread to describe past people that walked this land. Not implying at all that we have no culture, just saying they most likely had very in depth traditions brought about from thousands of years of existing here and it would be awesome to learn about it. Thats whole point of this thread..

I do however think that we can look at our Amrican traditions, baseball, apple pie, muscle cars, whatever you want and see how new all these traditions are compared to most the worlds traditions. We havent been around long enough and that does suck imo. We're missing a lot of these deep seeded emotions and the social structure which comes with knowing something as simple as this spice we use has been used by our people for thousands of yrs, or this meal is still prepared the same way after thousands of years, etc.

One comparison of a feeling somewhat close to what cultures dating back thousands of years enjoy with everyday reminders could be the untamed PATRIOTISM most americans are born with, can't even explain it really but its a sense of pride just knowing our people did the impossible and stood up against the toughest power in the world, and WON.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join