It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long will the 9-1 forum stay down?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Couldn't help it, but I was wondering how long we will have to wait before getting this thread back! i'm afraid it is due to political and electoral reasons and on purpose against our rights! Who cares about pilots for 9-11, we want our forum back?!!
edit on 3-8-2012 by ATSGrunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

As I understood it by reading the recent thread Admin posted to the subject, they were changing policies and such with that forum so everyone could participate without being stomped on sight. lol... I've avoided it almost entirely for that reason. Insta-Combat threads almost like clockwork. I do recall a mention in that explanation about 'when the forums reopen' or something, so I guess closing them outright was needed for a bit too. Interesting...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

What, it's gone?
It ought to have been labeled a HOAX from day 1. The official story, I mean.

That small first step of acceptance was where we went wrong.
We tolerated the non hoax treatment of the OS, and allowed them to grow strong.

Did they really take the ball back to their house? lol

ETA I see 911 forums are still up, so what are you referring to, exactly? I can't be bothered with hoax stories being trated as something newsworthy. Too many....snags. Chills. Spills. Whatever they're called. Verboten....I'll come up with something, a new term to censor.

edit on 3-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGrunt
Couldn't help it, but I was wondering how long we will have to wait before getting this thread back! i'm afraid it is due to political and electoral reasons and on purpose against our rights! Who cares about pilots for 9-11, we want our forum back?!!

Against your rights???? You don't have any rights, so get over it.

Part of the issue is programming change sthat have to be made. Your posting ability will be tied partially to your WATS score, for example. This might take a little while.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

i'm afraid it is due to political and electoral reasons and on purpose against our rights!

Just FYI, one doesn't have rights on a private forum, just as one has no rights on someone's private property.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
check your messages...there was one sent to all members

link

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

edit on 3-8-2012 by ATSGrunt because: (no reason given)

You need to deal with any Ideal about rights, this is a private forum, and what the boss says goes. There is no doubt that the forum in question was fraught with problems, but there is no doubt either that there were intelligent posters with much to add to that forum in a way that was far superior to what is going on elsewhere, both at the event, and in the immediate aftermath, much of which not dealt with in officialdom, and that is a pity. It's all about if you care or not, and also the difficulty of how you put down care on 'paper' Do you care?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Couldn't help it, but I was wondering how long we will have to wait before getting this thread back! i'm afraid it is due to political and electoral reasons and on purpose against our rights! Who cares about pilots for 9-11, we want our forum back?!

Here's a thought- instead of blaming the ATS moderators, what say you blame the characters over at Pilots for 9/11 truth for invading the forum and turning it into the wild west of the ATS? Before the moderators pulled the plug I saw for myself just how ridiculous those characters were behaving. Here's a snippit of their conversation:

-We demand the DOJ release the serial numbers for flight 77's black box!
-Why do you want to know such a thing?
-Because we want to to know if the black box they found was real
--Do you have any way of looking them up to see if they're real or not?
-Don't change the subject, we demand to know what the serial numbers are!
-Did you ask anyone for the serial numbers?
-No, but other people have
-So why don't you ask for them?
-Never mind that, we demand to know if the attack on the Pentagon was faked
-So why don't you believe the witnesses who specifically saw a plane hit the Pentagon?
-That doesn't matter, we demand to know the serial numbers for flight 77's black box.

...and so on and so forth forever. No matter what anyone says, they always steer it back to a specific rehearsed speech. This isn't a conversation- it's a mini commercial for the P4911T horde, so you can see right away how they were making a mockery of the site and of other researchers here. Your rights end when the rights of other people begin, you know.
edit on 5-8-2012 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

...and so on and so forth forever. No matter what anyone says, they always steer it back to a specific rehearsed speech. This isn't a conversation-
Wow, just wow.

These words describe every single thread started by the Truth side, and de-railed by the 4 or 5 OS followers.

Every single thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

...and so on and so forth forever. No matter what anyone says, they always steer it back to a specific rehearsed speech. This isn't a conversation-
Wow, just wow.

These words describe every single thread started by the Truth side, and de-railed by the 4 or 5 OS followers.

Every single thread.

Granted, the possibility exists that discussing topic A may unintentionally lead to topic B which in turn leads to topic C, but that's mostly because questions are being asked that the 9/11 conspiracy proponents aren't able to answer. Asking a question the conspiracy proponents aren't able to answer isn't derailing. It's simply asking a question the conspiracy proponents aren't able to answer. Asking questions IS the entire reason why the forums are here, isn't it?

Besides, when you're classifying people into your own artificial boundaries such as "truthers" and "OS followers" that all but an acknowledgement you're intentionally putting up barbed wire fences between you and who you perceive to be opponents before you even log on. Isn't that right?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Dave, I personally would not blame moderators for shutting down any forum, that is so far from you. In the past you have called people liars a direct attack on 'manners and decorum' in most forums and yes, others have done the same not restricted to the lower rank and file, you have institutionalised people into truthers, and os'ers yourself, (as opposed to conspiracy theorists) Yonks ago I asked you what the "real official story" was, as per your words in a particular thread, I don't recall a proper reply. I don't ever recall you mentioning about any known discreet anomaly in any part of what you always refer to as the official story in that subject, (unknown as it is in it's entirety) in short, you now have to conform to whatever any new rule applies.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Dave, I personally would not blame moderators for shutting down any forum, that is so far from you. In the past you have called people liars a direct attack on 'manners and decorum' in most forums and yes, others have done the same not restricted to the lower rank and file, you have institutionalised people into truthers, and os'ers yourself, (as opposed to conspiracy theorists) Yonks ago I asked you what the "real official story" was, as per your words in a particular thread, I don't recall a proper reply. I don't ever recall you mentioning about any known discreet anomaly in any part of what you always refer to as the official story in that subject, (unknown as it is in it's entirety) in short, you now have to conform to whatever any new rule applies.

First of all, I only use the word "truthers" because that's the name the 9/11 conspiracy proponents have adopted for themselves. It's the "Twoofers" that's being used as the derogatory slur for such people, and you will note I have never used anything so crass. Second of all, every time I mention "the official story" I always put it in quotes because that's ANOTHER name the 9/11 conspiracy proponents have invented for themselves; there really is no such thing as "the official story" as far as how the buildings collapsed. I have said many times that numerous organizations have put out numerous different scenarios and none of them insist their scenario is "official"...and I know you've seen that.

If I called anyone here a liar then it was almost certainly due to my own human failing, as I know the conspiracy theorists are simply repeating the drivel they get off any number of 9/11 conspiracy web sites and they really don't know they're being suckered by a bunch of internet con artists. It just gets frustrating having to explain why the things they're saying are false after the twentieth time. As for those con artists themselves (I.E. Dylan Avery, Morgan Reynorlds, and others) I will continue to call them liars and I will give you all the evidence that shows them to be liars as you'd like. It is no slander to accuse someone of lying who is in fact lying.

Oh, and be careful when you use terms like "discepencies", as the discrepencies the 9/11 conspiracy proponents are making much ado about are mostly argumentative. I would be happy to explain why, but this isn't the forum for that.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"Truthers" is derogatory enough. Thers is no neeed to look for a new one. It's mostly about common sense to me, not about truth. I refuse to be labelled "Truther."

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thats hypocritical coming from you dave. You derail just about every thread you enter repeating the same
Personal attacks and stupid co
Ments such as lasers from out of space etc.

If i had a pound for every time you said ' dammed fooled conspiracy sites' i woudnt need to work

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Oh my gravy! A thread about 9/11 threads and the talk continues!

Makes me glad I've never visited that forum. Politics threads are tame compared to these!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaya82
Thats hypocritical coming from you dave. You derail just about every thread you enter repeating the same
Personal attacks and stupid co
Ments such as lasers from out of space etc.

If i had a pound for every time you said ' dammed fooled conspiracy sites' i woudnt need to work

You overlook the fact that it was due to the hard core trolling from one of those very "damned fool conspiracy websites" that caused the 9/11 conspiracy forum to be shut down to begin with, not from any derailing you imagine I might have done. So who do YOU think is ultimately responsible for turning the discussion about 9/11 conspiracies into a complete joke?

So where is there any hypocracy here, exactly?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I honestly don't care if it ever comes back, I mean "fire can't melt steel"

The childishness of the theory and its supporters have pretty much destroyed its legitimacy, but it convinced all sorts of people in the Middle East it was all a "Zionist plot" which leads to more Taliban recruits.

It is funny when the Iran President claims it was "inside job" when most of the AQ leadership lives in Iran under house arrest. If AQ really was a CIA front they would have tortured it out of them by now.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoolKids
I honestly don't care if it ever comes back, I mean "fire can't melt steel"

The childishness of the theory and its supporters have pretty much destroyed its legitimacy, but it convinced all sorts of people in the Middle East it was all a "Zionist plot" which leads to more Taliban recruits.

I agree, the 9/11 forum has pretty much shown it's done more harm than good. For one thing, the conspiracy theorists have polluted the forum with so much fake information to instigate false paranoia that readers wind up leaving more confused than they were before. Case in point- that fake "fires melted the steel" claim. Noone ever claimed any such thing except the conspiracy theorists themselves, telling me you got that factoid from the other conspiracy theorists at the 9/11 forum. Am I right?

Little wonder why it was shut down when it was invaded by those people pushing that "no planes hit the Pentagon" fakery. They didn't give a fig about discussing what happened on 9/11. All they wanted to do was promote their own conspiracy web site for their own financial gain. What website was likewise promoting "fires melted the steel", I wonder?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It has been correct to punish the culprit using our rights to pursue all kinds of powers.

[
link removed]

edit on 8/27/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: [
link removed]

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The problem, as I see it, is with a minority of "truthers" who prefer to disseminate BELIEF over FACT.

And more often than not, they will twist the facts to fit their belief.

If they only realised that they do themselves more harm than good, they might rethink a few things, especially how they interact with their fellow man.

I've come to the conclusion that a small number of truthers are little more than thugs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join