It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern methodologies of White racism – “Reverse Racism”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
My father is a partner at a mid-sized accounting firm. He has admitted to me that he would hire a minority on the spot over an equally comparable Caucasian any day of the week. He has also admitted many of his clients feel the same way. Also he wishes he could interview more minorities for positions within his firm. Fact of life. I have witnessed and participated in this as well over my corporate/professional career

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

because minority equals cheap pay checks, white folks doesn't like making little money

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Actually it’s exactly the opposite. I’m referring to minorities with an MS, not HS drop-outs applying at McDonald’s.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I believe that until a new type of intelligent species (one that actually can threaten humans) is discovered/ accepted, there will always be racism.

The only other option I could see solving such an issue is monetary reform. So many people are uneducated, unmotivated, and not financially stable, and these people will always look for some way to make themselves feel better, even if it's assuming that they're superior simply because of the colour of their skin (I loled when I reread this).

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff

My father is a partner at a mid-sized accounting firm. He has admitted to me that he would hire a minority on the spot over an equally comparable Caucasian any day of the week. He has also admitted many of his clients feel the same way. Also he wishes he could interview more minorities for positions within his firm. Fact of life. I have witnessed and participated in this as well over my corporate/professional career

Funny what would be said if the opposite was said:

would hire a Causcasian on the spot over an equally comparable minority....

Don't know the rest of you, but this fellas post seems awfully racist.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

The fact that ANYONE brings up racism proves two points!

1. It is easier to blame than to accept responsiblity for your own actions and choices in life!
2. You have fallen into the trap layed out by our government to divide us as human beings!!!

Think about it! We all make bad decisions and for the most part, humans have a hard time looking in a mirror and blaming themselves for their poor decisions!

Then we have a government who is scared to freakin death of the black and white folk EVER coming together!!!

Look at MLK getting killed, Malcom X................my God people, these two men were killed by the same freakin idiots of BOTH political parties that I see you all defend to the death on ATS on a daily basis!!! The reason......they were getting the blacks and whites together!! So for any of you to even fight about racism, is to fall into the damn scheme devised by the people you all claim to hate in the first damn place!!!

To HATE a color, really shows how freakin ignorant you are!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I sytill think it lies at the top of governments, as always, they want us to distrust and stay confused.

Basically this just sums it all up for me.

The way I see it is that we are all the same race, the human race, and arguments upon which the basis is skin colour to me makes about as much sense as if it were hair colour, or eye colour or any completely irrelevant thing about a person's physical appearance which they have as much control over as they do the weather and the lottery numbers.

Seriously, re-read this thread but replace every skin colour reference with an eye colour reference, I had a good laugh at how childish it was.

To make more reference to the quoted material, the UK government seems to me to be able to create an amazing divide among the population about the most trivial matters such as skin colour, class, religion, education and so on, but at the same time has no problem sending in the military to kill a whole bunch of people for no good reasons at all.
edit on 4-8-2012 by NoMatterNeverMind because: reworded a sentence

edit on 4-8-2012 by NoMatterNeverMind because: and fixed a typo

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ive seen enough racism,short sightedness,narrow minded opinions and views in this thread alone,to have every intellectual person who dealt with these things concerning racial freedom to be rolling in their graves fast enough to break the sound barrier.
As an ATS regular this saddens,and sickens me.I do hope this thread turns a bit more civil and intelligent.

To begin to be more on topic,I get the gist of what the OP is saying.as well as the other side of the argument.
However giving more privilege to other races and less to another,is that just doing the same thing the Jim crow laws?I think yes.
Yes minorities were put back aways by the past,but this IS 2012 we have opportunities for everyone,scholarships for all races,(mostly) jobs for people who are best for that position,and yes,catering to certain minorities,then it's not the system(for once) It's the people.(it's been about 40 years)
I also have to note in the OP that it mainly focus's on whites,even stating the norm is racism from whites,not people of all colors,because racism and "reverse racism" comes from them to. (trust me i know
)
So the OP him/her is racist.

P.S. White privilege is pretty much non existent.White aren't losing or gaining any privilege,it's just that the playing field is getting equal.
Sinny is also correct,it's all apart of the master plan

edit on 4-8-2012 by Szarekh because: Youre not big brother.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
When black people talk about white people, they mean the power structure, the elites, not individual white people.

I really wanted to touch on this, because it says a lot.

I personally hate stereotyping and the lumping of everyone into the same group.

Now you say that is not what is meant when it is said. So say what you mean if that is really what you mean. So if you have a problem with the elites or even the white elites you need to say that. There is no need to talk about white people and not mean all white people. Just like it is not okay for a person to talk about black people but only mean a limited number of them. It is not acceptable and should be brought up.

Here is something to chew on. I grew up poor and in a trailer; I wore clothes that were normally from the lower income yard sales growing up. Dressed as I was and not having the money to get all the coolest toys I did not fit in with the rich kids, still don't to be honest.

I left school later in life picked up my GED and then later still got an AAS in criminal justice. Being that I waited so long the degree really did not help with my career, but I still got one. I am doing better to provide my family with more than I had. I work long hours throughout different times of the day many times while most here sleep. If someone is talking about white people I will instinctively feel they are talking about me (I would identify as Native American but I need slightly more in my blood to be recognized I am close to 1/8 Cherokee). Should I know different and know they are not talking about me when referring to white people? How can I possibly know this?

If their problem is with the elite they should say they rich white guys running the show, not white people. Again the generalization might not be their intent but it is in their words. Words hold power, blacks and any minority should know that words hold power. They hold power of course because we give them power the word itself means little. But often times we associate words with emotion that gives them power. If I hear someone talking about white people I can only believe they are generalizing. I as a white male factory worker that is in the upper portion of being poor and on the lower portion of the middle class am doing nothing to hold anyone back. I could care less what color they are or who they are.

When it comes to work I see places where the place I worked has set themselves up for trouble in the future if it comes to it. The place I work had a minority woman (not going to say more than that so no one can figure it out but she is not our first or only minority or female) working there, she has recently been let go. I had a big amount giving great detail of the events that led to her being let go but thought better of it, as someone might read and know who I am talking about and then figure out who I am (I do not know who reads ATS). Regardless she was let go for good reasons, but they let it go too far and now have set precedent that others can use later no matter their race or whatever.

When I work with people I do not care who they are or what they look like. I care that they do the job and do it to the best of their ability. There are plenty working there now that I would also like to remove and replace, but they are only digging their own grave. Sadly though due to a few things the company has done over the years they have made it very hard to get rid of someone. I mean you either have to go way beyond the attendance issue or just be so lazy you do absolutely nothing, or fail the drug test if they decide to pop a random one on you.

My point to all that was I work a factory, I grew up poor, I am still basically poor and I am white. If they are not talking about me when they talk about white people then they need to please clarify themselves and talk about those you really intend to talk about, unless they really do mean white people.

It's like the song Cop Killer (do you remember that and the fuss it got?), Ice T wrote it about a guy that was sick of the police and brutality from them. His guy in the song took revenge. Of course he did not clarify that until later after the big fuss. Really though that big fuss was much ado over nothing. It was at a time of political change in the masses and the elite really wanted to make a fuss over it. Tipper Gore was pushing hard against Ice T most notably though there were others because of his "terrible" music that was "causing violence in the youth" and how his music was "demining to women while glorifying drugs and violence". In the end though Tipper did more to help Ice T make money than she hindered him, but that is another story and I have gotten off topic reliving the past.

Raist

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite

Originally posted by randomname
you're right, white people need to be acknowledged.

charlie manson is a famous white mass murderer.

adolf hitler was one of the most brutal white dictators.

lee harvey oswald was one of the best known white assassins.

This statement is trying to incite racism and is stupid. There are plenty of whites blacks and many other colored killers out there.

You come off as a racist.

White males do have the serial killer thing overwhelmingly sewn up though. I think that much has been totally established. There are other races and genders involved, but the white male is unbeatable when you look at the numbers. It's the one propensity that white guys seem to own hands down.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
White males do have the serial killer thing overwhelmingly sewn up though. I think that much has been totally established. There are other races and genders involved, but the white male is unbeatable when you look at the numbers. It's the one propensity that white guys seem to own hands down.

It's not just the post above that makes this whole thread detestable but ''nearly'' every reply on here (including the opening post)

I'm usually bang against censorship but if this whole thread was thrown into the abyss I'd be glad for once.

Disgusting.
edit on 4-8-2012 by 0rbital because: to say ''including opening post''

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Id like to see those numbers. Because according to my quick wiki search, whites are no more likely to be serial killers than other races:

The racial demographics regarding serial killers are often subject to debate. Compared to the United States and South Africa, Australia has a much lower incidence of known serial murders.[12] In the United States, the majority of reported and investigated serial killers are white males, from a lower-to-middle-class background, usually in their late twenties to early thirties.[6][13][14] However, there are African American, Asian, and Hispanic (of any race) serial killers as well, and, according to the FBI, based on percentages of the U.S. population, whites are not more likely than other races to be serial killers.[14] Criminal profiler Pat Brown says serial killers are usually reported as white because the media typically focuses on "All-American" white and pretty female victims who were the targets of white male offenders, that crimes among minority offenders in urban communities, where crime rates are higher, are under-investigated, and that minority serial killers likely exist at the same ratios as white serial killers for the population. She believes that the "serial killers are always white" myth might have become "truth" in some research fields due to the over-reporting of white serial killers in the media.[13]

Some authors state that African American serial killers are as prevalent, or more so, in proportion to the African American population. According to some sources, the percentage of serial killers who are African American is estimated to be between 13 and 22 percent.[15][16] Another study has shown that 16 percent of serial killers are African American, what author Maurice Godwin describes as a "sizeable portion".[17] Anthony Walsh writes, "While it is true that most serial killers are white males, white (Anglo) males are actually slightly underrepresented in the serial killer ranks in terms of their proportion of the general male population" and that "[w]hatever the true proportion of black serial killers in the United States is or has been, it is greater than the proportion of African Americans in the general population."[18] Other reports show about 80% of serial killers being identified as white, placing nonwhite serial killers as accounting for less than 20% of serial killers.[19]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4/8/12 by Maslo because: add text

edit on 4/8/12 by Maslo because: fix quote

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Not only are you wrong you are DEAD WRONG

Reverse racism or whatever you want to call it exists and it's a pervasive and pernicious influence on modern society.

Affirmative action is wrong. Black history month is WRONG. The belief that only whites are racist is DEAD WRONG.

The fact that you and people like you don't see this has blown me away for my entire life.

Hey by the way you want to know why we call it reverse racism? Because if you listen to the news or most people of non white origin only white people are racist. Everyone else's hateful, spiteful, and racial motivated actions are JUSTIFIED and sanctified because some Dead white guys 50 or 150 years ago wronged Some dead people of their race!

How is that fair or equal or unbiased? At the end of the day we've all either got to let go of all the crap that happened in the past and focus on a future of harmony and equality Or just give in to our animalistic natures and only look out for our own kind.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

There's no such thing as reverse racism... racism is racism, regardless of who is guilty of it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

because minority equals cheap pay checks, white folks doesn't like making little money

It is possible that you are wrong and your assumptions are based on your racist attitude.

Think about it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Doalrite

Originally posted by randomname
you're right, white people need to be acknowledged.

charlie manson is a famous white mass murderer.

adolf hitler was one of the most brutal white dictators.

lee harvey oswald was one of the best known white assassins.

This statement is trying to incite racism and is stupid. There are plenty of whites blacks and many other colored killers out there.

You come off as a racist.

Thank you for your racism. I'm white and you say I'm predicated to be a serial killer. Should I react with a racist accusation, or should I accept my fate and become a serial killer?

Maybe I'll just dismiss you as a racist tool.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by squandered

Originally posted by sam_inc

It is possible that you are wrong and your assumptions are based on your racist attitude.

Think about it.

A lot of work places get tax credits for hiring minorities. Just sayin. I worked management before, and I have acquaintances that work management.... that tax credit is a huge consideration upon hiring people.
edit on 4-8-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Can facts be racist? Are there proven truths that are of a racist nature? Or is every fact colorblind and is what it is? Is it racist to point out facts that people do not like? Is pointing out a person that provides evidence for an unpopular fact a racist thing to do if the person is a different race?

If you apply facts without emotion and use logic to make conclusions from those facts, does that make you a racist or a realist? Or both?

I ask because when certain facts are presented to people of color they immediately cry racism. But I do not understand how a fact can be racist. People have called me a racist bigot my entire life for pointing out uncomfortable facts and making conclusions based on those facts. I have never understood. When I say asians have higher IQs than whites, most whites nod in embarrassment and acknowledge the truth and move on. I am not called racist for that. But when I point out that blacks have far lower IQs than whites I get called a bigot. I get excuses thrown at me like "the tests are biased in favor of white culture". But if that is so, then why do asians score higher and their culture is very different than whites. It confuses me.

Help me out here. Can a fact be racist?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Robonakka

A fact can be racist, given the context. So one must use their words eloquently and without bias.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
This thread has been sorely needed on ATS. Too bad it's going to fall on deaf ears since 70% of the population of this site are white, middle aged men who like to pretend they aren't racist while sobbing any time a person of color gets ahead in life.

Or even Challenge their privelidge without getting ahead. What most of these peole do not understand is that there is a lot of social jostling in all societies. It is ineveitable that some may seek to rig the deck as has been done over the last three hundred years or so.

The fact that black people have been pushing the envelop for education and success is always ignored as is the fact that black people come in all shapes, sizes and mentalities. Yet if whites were treated the same way the shrieks would reach the heavens!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join