It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern methodologies of White racism – “Reverse Racism”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Seriously though, how mutch do you get paid to spread this racial divide an conquer routine? I could sure use the extra income. Can you provide a link or reference to how you got hired for the rest of us evil white folk?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SumerianSoldier
"Reverse Racism"... This has got to be the most idiotic colloquialism I've ever seen/heard. News flash, racism is racism, it has no color and no one is immune to it. It affects every demographic because every demographic has racists within it. You want to cure racism? Stop talking about it, stop acknowledging it, stop perpetuating it.

My point exactly, this whole fad of "reverse racism" is just an outcry from real racists who want to further protect the privileged lifestyle they lead. But as far as "curing racism", first I am not sure that can be done, second it surely won't be done by ignoring it. Racists, whether covert or blatant, must be confronted head on by all or else, as they say, soon they will be knocking on your door, their hatred/ignorance will spread to where it greatly affects you as well.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
All "Quotas" (and low score standards) that target Race / Minority groups achieve one thing in common.

Somebody somewhere gets pimped out of something.

It has happened in the Police / Fire depts in more than one city.

Court orders made it happen and court orders made it stop.

Judge lifts '89 desegregation order on Buffalo police hiring

Police Face Quotas In Detective Exam

Judge Unlikely To Block New Police Exam

There's hundreds of examples.

There is good and bad with all of it.

It depends on who gets the best end of the stick.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

But who does get the best end of the stick, in your honest opinion? You responded to the thread so therefore you obliged to respond in said thread, for the sake of good discussion.

Btw, I love the examples you brought forth. thank you.
edit on 4-8-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

But who does get the best end of the stick, in your honest opinion? You responded to the thread so therefore you obliged to respond in said thread, for the sake of good discussion.

Btw, I love the examples you brought forth. thank you.
edit on 4-8-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Who ever the target groups are of course.

That's all by design.

And I'm thinking the word "Reverse" in the OP seems a bit of an oxymoron.

How do they "Reverse" Racism ??

Edit to Add: (I hit the reply by mistake)
Another Point....

The one who gets the best end of the "quota" stick so to speak could also end up in trouble.
(accelerated / abbreviated training, accelerated / abbreviated promotions, etc.)

Using a police officer as an example....

Someone hired as a "quota" mandate and has not quite responded to the "training" could be in grave danger if confronted with a life threatening situation.

Outside possibility, but still possible.

I think this has maybe happened ?

edit on Aug-04-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

I believe most of the people who go around shouting down anyone who brings up social justice issues in todays age would be the same people in the middle ages who would turn in their brother's and sister's to the king for not paying their "taxes" to his holiness.

Your post is about people who bring up injustices. The white people you chose to shout down and slander as being over-privileged gangs did not ask for your discrimination.

It would be no surprise to me that in the middle ages you would .. what? .. for the king? (he's mad)

You've taken your hatred of white people into the middle ages, troll.

Nothing but a racist thread by the over privileged minorities.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Exactly, and put other individuals in danger as well. All because a quota has to be met.
SMH, I wish people would read all of my posts in this thread thoroughly instead of nit picking.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
you're right, white people need to be acknowledged.

charlie manson is a famous white mass murderer.

adolf hitler was one of the most brutal white dictators.

lee harvey oswald was one of the best known white assassins.

OP aside, this trolling crap is nonsense. And with that, I abandon this thread. Just a few posts in and it is already stupid as hell.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

You need to read more into the thread before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
White people that think they are being widely discriminated against because of their race live in a delusion. Anyone that I've ever seen go on about the "White males are the most discriminated against" garbage were always racist or went on to say racist things.

How do you know? Are you white? Do you know what its like to be white? No, you don't. So, why don't you quit being a total racist and realize that all people deal with hate and racism.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

How do they "Reverse" Racism ??

Well, one thread in the rant section about a customer leaving a place because the server was gay is a good example of this.

The customer insulted the poor guy all to hell for being gay, and somebody is defending her ability to do so as just being "openly religious".

Sorry folks, but after seeing that I think there might be something to the op after all.

I think it's just a dirty trick myself. You see, that's the nature of politics, if you don't like the way an argument is going, redefine a term or a word, and you get to control the argument to your advantage. Such as renaming a bully as just being "openly religious". What about the right to be openly religious? If a gay person is openly gay why can't can't a person be openly religious?

Unfortunately, it is a tactic that works, because when you do change the meaning of the word, it does change the argument. After all, if a person is just being openly religious, it can't be berating someone it's just someone being openly religious.

So now it's absolutely okay to insult and berate anyone you want to because it's just not common decency anymore.

Whatever happened to the old adage "If you can't say something nice about somebody don't say anything at all?"

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'll assume that all the black people here forgot that the first slaves in America were white. Almost half the people to come over from Europe to form America were slaves. I only state this because this is being thrown around a lot in this thread. Not because I'm pointing the finger and saying that they are wrong. I just want people to know the facts.

Quick reference source from a Google Search: www.revisionisthistory.org...

There seems to be a lot of assumptions here.

First off, racism happens on both sides of the fence. It actually happens in nature too. Chimps are naturally racist, and were some of the first to prove that it is genetic to distrust someone who isn't of your kind.

We can, as an intelligent race, overcome that. It takes a lot of honesty on both our parts. Yes, there are whites that are still openly racist today. Yes, there are blacks that have a bad taste in their mouths towards whites and wont forgive them, and feel like they are mistreated.

Both are true and untrue, it doesn't happen everywhere but it happens.

We have to move on. It sucks, people got mistreated and what happened created a debt that can never be repaid. If you want to eliminate racism then we need to come together and start treating each other equally, outside and above the law as well. You must recognize when a white and a black have the exact same qualifications for a job that it must come down to a flip of a coin and not what race you want by your side.

Stop being white or black and start being human.
edit on 4-8-2012 by Slayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
here we again where posters are mentioning black people, not Native American, Asians or Hispanics.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
To be honest we are all infants in the greater scheme things but racists are particularly specialized at dribbling and are perhaps a good gauge as to how far behind human evolution is relative to our potential. Once people stop guarding the perimeters of the land they think they own, the skin that surrounds them and wake up humans will have made significant advancement. I am hoping once/if we start to work together to explore the heavens we will start to come together as a collective and forget our perceived differences but until then people need some form on unknown to fear whether it be terrorism, race, reptilian or whatever other flavor people prefer.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Reverse racism does exist, it is racism, too, and just as wrong. There was no intelligent argument in the OP to challenge this fact, only a bunch of whinning.

Society is indeed a zero-sum game, and when one person is preffered due to their skin color, it means another person loses. This shows that it is the OP who is the true racist, arguing in favor of blatant racial discrimination.

EDIT: Just to add, it is elementary knowledge in sociology that racism is an individual phenomenon. Meaning that racism against different ethnicities does coexist in a society, regardless of the fact that some are more privileged and others less. Even someone from the most privileged ethnicity can be discriminated against. Applies also to sexism, classism etc. So thats another blatantly erroneous assertion in the OP.
edit on 4/8/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by openlocks

Are you the mind in control of every white person brain? Are you even white? If not shut the hell up how do you know how the white man feels?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here is a little story about how the evil white folk keep the brothers down.

I did my four years in the Marine Corps. About two years in I made Corporal, which was pretty good time when I was in. My platoon was mostly black and hispanic, I was actually one of one or two other white people in the platoon of about 20. After getting promoted, some black guys from another platoon said I was only promoted because I'm white, and that one of them has been in for three years and hadn't been promoted. There are certain requirements that need to be met in order to be promoted, how well you meet these requirements effects your promotion. So I ask this guy who is claiming to have been passed over based on his race a few questions about the three main requirements. First, what is your riffle score, how well do you shoot? He replied, marksman, which is the lowest grade. I shot expert, I reply, the highest. Next, how is your physical fitness score, whats your three mile run time, pull up, and sit up scores? Oh, they are all pretty low he says. Mine are high! Finally I ask, did you do your MCI's, Marine Correspondence courses that you must complete in order to be promoted, these are an absolute requirement. He tells me he hasn't finished them, to which I respond, yeah man… It's definitely because your black!

Meanwhile if you looked at the chain of command at the time, all the way up to the Sergeant Major, most of those guys where black. Probably not the kind that blame everything on racism and white people.

Everybody is racist, it's genetic. Black people look out for black people, hispanics look out for hispanics, everybody hates and blames whitey all day every day, and its socially acceptable and even sanctioned! Whatever people of whatever group will always help each other out! The thing that pisses me off is that many so called minorities, and I say so called because white people are quickly sliding into that whole, minority category, are so blatantly racist and view everything through that pathetic victim filter.

If I join any group of white people, it would be considered racist. Yet all day long everywhere I look I see other racist groups, United Black and Latino this and that, funds for this and councils for that, lobbying groups and college funds and an endless array of racist minority groups calling white man the racist, blaming white man for everything, completely categorizing my entire so called race. You know what, go # yourself, # your race, # your face, # your excuses and self victimization, # your New Black Panther Parties, and your United Negro Bull#, and your racist half witted blame spewing wanna be intellectual bloggers and so called activists out there, because you know what, you are all a bunch of racist bastards and I've had enough of it!

But yeah, I guess I'm the racist. Funny thing is… I'm Irish Italian, both of which where treated like dog# in this country for a long time, along with most other immigrant groups that never got any special treatment except the opportunity to work hard and establish a life here in "America"!

I'm all out of white guilt and the kid gloves have hit the floor.

STFU about the racism bull# already!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh and by the way OP, I'm sure you have encountered so much racism in the entire week and a half you've been on here! So how about that job reference for the rest of us?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Ok... let me tell you a story of how I was a "victim" of "reverse racism".

For a couple of years, I decided I was going to be a State Trooper. I trained hard, had plenty of experience with working alongside police when I was working in Seattle, and I fit the psych profile they like. Well, at the time, I had a temporary job at a retirement home. There was a black woman about half my size who just graduated high school and applied at the same time I did. She came to me excitedly and said "I got accepted! Did you get your letter?". She assumed that if she did, I also did. Immediately, I understood what happened but I didn't say anything because why rain on her parade, right?

Point is that I fully understood why it happened. Sure, I was pissed for about 48 hours but I was still very happy for her. I am not even 100% sure that this is why but I couldn't find any other reason for it. You know what? I fully agree with their decision for a number of reasons. In careers where authority figures are often in the news for abuse and corruption, it is good to try to represent all ethnicities and genders. In virtually every police brutality story, it's a white dude perpetrating the crime and people assume it's because police are racist. This becomes less of a problem when the police force is a well-mixed force that represents everybody.

And there is a lot of racism in police work. This will continue to be so until the demographics are more balanced. Things like affirmative action are ugly and it's a shame these type of programs are required but... they are needed. For now.

I think we are on the cusp of being able to transition programs meant to benefit one ethnicity over another into something based more on socioeconomic needs. We are almost there. I think we are already but transitions take time.

But to anybody who thinks it was always unnecessary, I think you are wrong. Our nation's history caused a problem and we've been trying to balance that problem out. I think it has done much good and has almost worn out its welcome so it's time to evolve. But it is not racist.

Just relax and realize we are all products of history and society. That white guy who got the promotion because he fit the "image" better? Let it go. That black guy who got the job you felt like you were more qualified for? Let it go. People forget we are a society that is still healing from a horrible scar in history. It wasn't as long ago as you think.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't know what would entice someone to provoke a whole race over lies that your poli sci teacher told you, but it's getting ridiculous.
You guys need a tune up

Newest political tactic of the new left: " If you defend yourself against racism, you must be a racist"
How many hints do you guys need? You can't accuse billions of people of racism just because they oppose your utopian pipedreams.
edit on 4-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join