Modern methodologies of White racism – “Reverse Racism”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Nite_wing

The whole point is that in most states you cannot stay on welfare your whole life.

Ohio and a lot of other states have LIFETIME YEARLY MAXIMUM limits. You cannot stay on it and pop out kid after kid. You get cut off.

Promising to "end welfare as we know it," President Bill Clinton signed legislation in 1996 to abolish Aid To Families With Dependent Children, replacing it with Temporary Assistance for Needy Families. The new program has a strict five-year limit for cash assistance and requirements that recipients work or participate in job-training programs.

A year later, Ohio enacted its version of welfare reform, Ohio Works First, limiting cash assistance to three consecutive years with two more years available after recipients have been off the program for at least two years. Under eligibility rules, families with household incomes up to 50 percent of the federal poverty level are eligible for cash assistance. For a family of four, that's $884 a month.

www.dispatch.com...

That same law also states if you are on welfare you can not get an increase in money for additional children born while you are on aide. There must be a 10 month break in aide prior to the birth of the child or no aide will be given to the child for the entirety of that child's lifetime.

This means you CANNOT get more money for having more children. Yet people continue to perpetuate myths about welfare.

As far as reverse racism goes. There was an incident today that really made me think and this thread has made me think even more on it. I was standing in line at the store between I black woman and a Latino man that looked fresh out of prison with a lethal aurora covered in gang tattoos from his head on down. Yet he had a very warm smile that was infectious. I smiled back at him and turned to the black woman who in return curled her lip up at me. Of course my first thought was the color of my skin, being in a store where I was one of maybe two white people in a store filled with mostly minorities.My second thought was that it was amazing that I could feel more intimidated by that woman based on her facial expressions than I did by someone whose appearance was intimidating but their facial expressions told a different story.
What made me jump to the conclusion that it was the color of my skin? Was it social conditioning? Instinct? The fact that I was the minority in that store? For all I know she could have curled her lip at me because I was sweaty from the heat.
Why did I feel intimidated by her?
I would like to hear other peoples opinions.
edit on 3-8-2012 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The requirement to be on welfare is income level, not race. Black poverty is directly linked to events of the past, like redlining or the CIA smuggling crack coc aine into the ghettos. I mean a million things I could name. Yeah, black people can escape it, but they have less of the probability to due to institutionalized discrimination.

Thats the way it should be but that's not the way it is so I will respectfullyI disagree with you on that, I've applied for assistance and been denied. And I know for a fact that white females without children and colored acquaintances that are better off financially have it better than myself. I'll give you an example I know as fact, A white girl I know makes $11hr with no children splits $600 in rent with a roomate (thats $300) and she qualifies for around $200 in food assistance, me a white male, I paid $350 in rent, child support for 2 children and I made minimum wage, I qualified for $17 in food assistance a month. Just sayin. So yes, there is discrimination, and you can call it sexist and racist and you wouldn't be wrong.

As far as Crack and the CIA, they didn't do it to bring down the black community, they knew damn well it would spread into all communities, they brought crack into the black community because they knew they could get rid of it quicker and more efficiently, you're an intelligent dude, you know that. Just like any drug dealer, you want as much weight as possible and get rid of it as quick as possible, that you can't deny.

Everything else I agree with you on.

edit on 3-8-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hating on whitey sort of fell out of fashion man, you must of not got the memo. Sorry the never ending guilt trip has lost it's potency.

Shame......

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by openlocks
I believe most of the people who go around shouting down anyone who brings up social justice issues in todays age would be the same people in the middle ages who would turn in their brother's and sister's to the king for not paying their "taxes" to his holiness. All that matters to these people is the privileged lifestyle the "King" (society) affords them for being good submissive tax slaves. They could care less about actually being a human being in a ideologically flawed society, much less could they care about another man's plight to become free from the violent and oppressive chains that shackle him to such a society.

Shame...

You are extremely narrow minded. You remind me of my brother, the heroin addict. SMH.
expand your mind, knowledge is power.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I grew up in a pretty diverse area of the midwest. Although a lot of the older members of my family and community had issues with people of other races, I felt it was wrong on all levels. Even as a child I always took offense to negative comments toward someone based soley on the color of their skin, even if it was a person on tv and poured my heart out about it enough to open my parents eyes to how wrong it was and in time eliminating that behavior in my immedate family. I made my friends according to the person they were on the outside regardless of their race, often times feeling the need to defend them against racist remarks and crap of that nature from anyone. I dated guys from many different nationalities, it made no difference to me whatsoever. My heart goes out to anyone, of any color or nationality who has ever had a negative experience or encounter based on the color of their skin, and it always will. That being said, I don't believe in the term 'reverse racism'. Wouldn't racism being reversed be the same as no racism? If a person is harassed or hurt in any way due to the color of their skin, no matter if that is black, brown, yellow, green, purple or yes, even white then that is racism plain and simple. Yes, sometimes even white people are discriminated against based soley on the fact that their skin is white. Just because the majority is directed to others doesn't make it not true or an equal offense. I have been discriminated against on more than one occasion because I'm white. I was a server at a bakery/restaurant where I had a lady come in, order a piece of pie and while I was in the kitched preparing her order she walked around untill she found another employee who had the same color of skin as her and said to her "I don't want that little white girl making my food, will you go do it instead please". That other server was my friend and was disgusted at the lady's comment and told me what she said right away. I asked the manager what to do and he refused to let me serve her order. I was irate! I was as nice and polite to that woman as I was to every damn customer and my boss not standing up for me made it even worse. That had nothing to do with 'white privilege' or what the heck ever previous posters have called it. It was racially discriminatory!!! It angers me as it would anyone who has similar experiences and that anger is waranted. There have been a few other instances over the years, but none as telling as when I moved to the place I live now. Hawaii is very diverse and has large populations of other cultures, that was a selling point for me and I was excited to embrace what I thought would be a place where people of all colors lived nicely with eachother. HA! Boy was I wrong! In the 13 months it took me to find a job I had more than one person tell me I was the wrong color to work here. I tried to ignore that ignorance, then I had a lady I had been talking with about the hard time I was having finding work tell me that it would be easier for me to find work if I dyed my hair really dark and started tanning so I'd look darker. I asked for a trashcan and threw the application I was going to turn in to her away and left.
I don't think it will ever stop. As long as people have free will they will form their own opinions on people based on things that don't matter. It is sad and not the way it should be. At the same time to imply that someone can't be discriminated against because they are white is equally as disgusting, making them no better than the white people who discriminate against any other color of skin.
As I say all too often:
Why can't we all just get along?

Peace & Love

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Racism isn't color blind, white / black - doesn't matter the color. Take your pick, someone will hate on it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
What you're stating is your perspective and no one should condemn you for that, however you should ask yourself why this quota requirement is there? Why was it put there, what was happening or happened for it to be necessary to require quotas?
edit on 3-8-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

You see? There's the magic question in plain sight. No one wants to answer the question. Are white people willing to acknowledge the damn done by racial policies up until.. about the 1960s?

So the gov believes having policies like Affirmative Action will address the problem.
I can't blame them for trying, imo it's not the right answer to the above statement, but it ain't bad. Nothing else was being done so, that's how you wind up with something like, AA.

*shrugs*

America eh?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

What about those of us that were born in the 80's, mainly most of the working force? When all the people from the 60's retire, is it cool to get rid of the racist AA?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Celestial1

Hey Celestial1...Come down to Oz, to live and work, we need ya....your 1/2 way here already.

Were not racists ...... We Hate Everybody!!

Not..

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That's a good question. When as society are we able to step back and say something like the we don't need affirmative action nor the civil rights act because everything we need is in the constitution?

It's sticky. My grandmother grew up in the segregated south. that's only 1 generation removed. and it was so not cool, so yea alotta progress has been made but there is still some to go.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by freebornman
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Out of line, be constructive. Use logic and throw out your emotions for the time being. Please. It's hard to do with such subjects but... that was inappropriate.
edit on Fri Aug 3 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by freebornman

That's about as productive as the ADL when they label everyone and their mother an antisemite, or the SPLC labeling everyone and their mothers a hate group. It's not going to help.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie

Originally posted by Chai_An
What you're stating is your perspective and no one should condemn you for that, however you should ask yourself why this quota requirement is there? Why was it put there, what was happening or happened for it to be necessary to require quotas?
edit on 3-8-2012 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

You see? There's the magic question in plain sight. No one wants to answer the question. Are white people willing to acknowledge the damn done by racial policies up until.. about the 1960s?

So the gov believes having policies like Affirmative Action will address the problem.
I can't blame them for trying, imo it's not the right answer to the above statement, but it ain't bad. Nothing else was being done so, that's how you wind up with something like, AA.

*shrugs*

America eh?

We learn from history, ie. the past. We don't make up for it. Like I said earlier (and I hate repeating myself), history is there for us to learn from. Learning is Knowledge. Knowledge is power. Use your brain and connect the dots. If you can't do so, than you're a good example of why eugenics should be put into place for certain individuals. Just sayin

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freebornman

See, that's the type of stuff that will get a thread shut down. Be civil. The post was out of line, yes. Then report it, don't respond. Emotions are hard to deal with... but it's something that must be done. Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"Reverse Racism"... This has got to be the most idiotic colloquialism I've ever seen/heard. News flash, racism is racism, it has no color and no one is immune to it. It affects every demographic because every demographic has racists within it. You want to cure racism? Stop talking about it, stop acknowledging it, stop perpetuating it.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join