It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a cop take your dog out of your car?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Pretty much depends on who you get at the time, as it seems that most cops just do whatever the hell they want these days and their departments always back them up. They would just shoot it, put a gun in its paws and say it "committed suicide"

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie
reply to post by Infi8nity

You seem to be forgetting that if you give the police no reason to pull you over, you would have nothing to worry about in the first place.

It's summer time and what reason do you have to be taking your dog everywhere anyway.

Perhaps you should leave the pooch at home to protect your house.

I find Nieveity to be quite cute.
You must be a real cutie pie.

Also, is there a law stating that you are not allowed to transport a dog in a car during the summertime?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by Neopan100

This is hard to watch..since the people were innocent. Very sad..lucky the video is quite blurry...at the time this happened, I called that police dept and urged them to fire that police officer. He and his family had death threats.

this is hard to watch, and it is a sad fact that most officers would rather shoot first before using common sense. there are tons of videos on youtube about good dogs getting shot by cops. its sick. a cop ever shoots my dog, he better turn his gun on me next, and quick too.

I couldn't agree more - I once had a cop come to our gate while we were having a BBQ to ask if we had seen something (forget what it was) that went on across the street. My German Shepherd was the only one of our 3 dogs outside at the time, and, sensing his fear, she was barking at him. As she approached (the opposite side of the fence from him) he looked at her, he started putting his hand on his gun holster. I motioned and said, "if you're planning on shooting my dog, i'd rather you just leave and you can ask someone else for help."

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
if a cop ever tells you to get out of the vehical, turn off the car leave the window opened a crack and lock the doors as you get out.. then put the keys in your pockets.

Smile and refuse a search of your vehical and keep asking to go.

There was a thread about this runnin around.

I haven't read through the whole thread but this caught my attention going down...

I have laughed at more than one segment where a stubborn suspect has done this on COPS or World's Dumbest Criminals. No insult or anything...that really is the name of the show. The standoff usually ends up with a broken window a driver is being pulled through or..if they're feeling nice, maybe opening the door after breaking the window...then out to the pavement. Of course, court can settle things later, or maybe not. Why piss 'em off if the whole thing could be over in a few minutes and a simple vehicle check is all they were after?

(By the way... These days, they'd just call that behavior suspicious and consistent with paranoia related to drug use. Or..something equally stupid. Insta-Cause and in comes the window. err..)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

In reference to the dog you saw dying in the SUV, did you happen to see what happened with the owner? I'm hoping he went away in handcuffs and a K-9 Officer would surely be more personally pissed off than most. He'd know the temp ratios and how fast it gets fatally hot.

I hope the OP doesn't mind or call this OT but it breaks my heart that people see dogs in vehicles like this and can't really know without a thermometer just how hot it really is on their side. I had this from another post a while ago, so the cute nature of the graphic is what I had handy, not meant for this thread context.

Next time anyone sees a dog closed in a vehicle during the summer, please get help for it immediately. It's not whether it could die. It is dying. The owner may just return before it crosses the point of no return.
...and these owners need serious jail time for it. No questions.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

What about the poor guy in Pennsylvania whose only crime was either not pulling over and slowing down so a patrol car with his lights on can pass and be given a safe pass by so doing (and then he abandoned his call - if there was one - and then picked on the bipolar driver which escalated out of hand) or he was being pulled over for a phony speeding charge (revenue scheme) or something similar and he failed to do so as he was doing nothing wrong and expected the car to pass?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

If the cops pull you over and the dog gets in the way of their job then they have every right to put it down. You can't use a dog in your car as a excuse to avoid being searched or detained.

If you don't want your dog shot I'd suggest not giving the cops a reason to shoot it. You fighting their every move will piss them off, not good for you or your dog.

I think most cops would only shoot one as a last resort. There are the bad eggs, you can't base every cops response to this situation off a few assholes who have no right having any level of authority in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join