It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Done the Hardest Thing I Ever Have Had to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Today I have had to leave my Wife and 2 young Children for good because we can no longer afford to be a family. I packed up my Car today with all of my things to move 160 miles away for a new job. I will no longer be with my wife because of these troubles and we have argued a lot. Once my car was packed I then had to say goodbye to my 2 beautiful daughters 1 year old and 4 years old. I rarely get emotional in fact I have quite dulled emotions and I certainly never cry and especially not in front of people. I blubbered like a baby for 20 minutes. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Damn the elite who rob from the poor, this is the consequences of their actions. Our family is ruined and I get to not see my kids grow up. Even if me and my wife patch things up, I cannot afford to support them anyways and they are better off with out me on social benefits.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Dang dude, that is hard, and I don't know what advice to offer on this. Reaching here, but maybe the space could actually enable everyone to adjust and better themselves. Sounds like it already hit the boiling point so hopefully after it simmers down you guys can re-approach it with healthier abilities. But the pain, I can't imagine man. I hope you guys have some other family members to help out. Yea these times are truly burdening, and I imagine you are not alone in your struggles. Sending you some positive thoughts and prayers.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I'm so sorry my friend. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel, and I won't insult you with the general cliche condolences.

Know that tonight, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I'm here if you ever need to talk.

Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you and your family. I know right now...you think this is the solution...and that you are doing what you need to do to survive.

I suggest that you keep in contact with your loved ones by writing letters. That's right...old fashioned letter writing. Write to your wife and each of your children weekly; they will have a written memory of you that way; and you won't completely lose a connection to them.

I think that you will find your way back to them; it is just a matter of time.

You are in my prayers.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So, why did you have to leave your kids? Your wife wouldnt "allow" them to come with you or you chose that route yourself?
Seems like there is more to the story than what you are posting.

Nvm, my bad. I didnt read youre entire post.. I do that sometimes.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear this Micheal. Even if she collects welfare, don't they go after the father for child support? I hope things are able to turn around for you and your family. HUGS!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

So, why did you have to leave your kids? Your wife wouldnt "allow" them to come with you or you chose that route yourself?
Seems like there is more to the story than what you are posting.

There is much more to the story and I have made lots of mistakes in the past. But I only work and my wife cannot get a job that actually makes anything after childcare is paid. I can't take the kids because I work and cannot look after them and besides my wife is a fantastic mother. We, well actually I have accrued lots of debt through the years which I am responsible for but I never intended it to be that way and my recently diagnosed bipolar didn't help me much along the way.

But leaving my children has broken my heart.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Yes I have to pay child support but that goes to the kids so it makes me happy to pay, even though I will have no money for myself.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Dude.

It sounds like you can't support your wife if you pay child support.

When I was short on cash. I did was what I called "the hustle".

I would go to the thrift store.

Buy collectables. Mostly art. And then re-sell them and make 10 times what I payed for them.

Also. I would buy CDs for 50 cents a piece and then drive to a place that bought CDs for 2-6 bucks.

There is always a way to make cash.

Yesterday I bought my wife a solid silver bracelet for 2 bucks. It is worth at least 75 -100.

You just do a little reaserch on art and collectables.

Make bank.

Learn to hustle.

Every now and then I still hustle.

I just feel like sometimes I need more cash.

Sometimes I feel poor.

But damn it. I'm not gonna be poor.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Frankenchrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Im sorry dude.. The reason I asked is because i did the same thing in 99 but for different reasons.
However, I went against the traditional scenario and chose to take my kids with me, yes it was hard but it was worth it.
Now, I am still single but I still have both of my kids

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Watch the fascists show up and call your wife a welfare queen and your kids "handout" beggars. Some people (if you can call that scum "people") have no compassion when it comes to supporting their billionaire heros.

Good luck, op. As a family man myself, im on your side.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Good luck mate.. I know exactly how you feel.. Was put in similar circumstances in the last week.. It sucks.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Night Star

Yes I have to pay child support but that goes to the kids so it makes me happy to pay, even though I will have no money for myself.

Thats not always true. I had many friend that were from broken families when I was a teen and most never saw a dime of the "child support"
During my divorce, I tried to compromise, so that I personally paid for everything my kids needed and document it. She would have no part of it, so I had no choice but to continue on with the trial.
She just wanted the money but in the end, she lost out.
edit on 3-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about your situation. It just seems harder and harder to make ends meet.

I have 2 wonderful children and could not imagine not being with them.
I can only offer you my best wishes and good luck.

Hopefully one day the world will change until then just keep doing what you believe is best for your children and yourself. Hopefully you will find your path and life will improve maybe then you can find away to get back into your children's life.

Story's like this one really breaks my heart . The world just seems to get tougher to live in as the years pass.
I really do wish you all the best...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Today I have had to leave my Wife and 2 young Children for good because we can no longer afford to be a family. I packed up my Car today with all of my things to move 160 miles away for a new job. I will no longer be with my wife because of these troubles and we have argued a lot. Once my car was packed I then had to say goodbye to my 2 beautiful daughters 1 year old and 4 years old. I rarely get emotional in fact I have quite dulled emotions and I certainly never cry and especially not in front of people. I blubbered like a baby for 20 minutes. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Damn the elite who rob from the poor, this is the consequences of their actions. Our family is ruined and I get to not see my kids grow up. Even if me and my wife patch things up, I cannot afford to support them anyways and they are better off with out me on social benefits.

I don't see how the elites are the cause of your marital problems, my wife and I have been absolutely strapped before and we had 6 kids.
We stuck it out.
I also don't see how paying for two households now will be cheaper than one.
There must be much much more than is being told.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I know exactly how you feel, had to do the same 6 mo ago and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I moved hundreds of miles away from my daughters, it sucks but that's what I had to do for now. Living 160 mi away from your kids is not easy but it's not the end of the world either. The current economy melt down had a impact on my marriage also, but I can't blame that for a failed marriage.

The best advice I could give you is to maintain your relationship with your daughters. I call or txt my kids every few days if not every day and let them know I love them and I'm always there for them. It can be a very helpless feeling being so far away, you just have to make the best of it and yes, it's tough sometimes.

She is going to give you visitation rights isn't she?

edit on 4-8-2012 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Well you chose to leave them instead of working it out. No offense but I can't have sympathy for you. I grew up without a dad and the situation was different, my dad was an abusive alcoholic so my mom had to leave for her own safety. You left over money?! Why not work and move your family to you once you get settled? 160 miles isn't all that far when you think about it. You should still see your kids, don't punish them.

People argue over money, heck my fiancee and I do but I know he loves me and I know things will get worked out. I don't make all that much money so he basically supports me and I"m a very strong independent type so it bothers me to no end. You have kids, you should be doing everything in your power to make sure they are ok. So you just left your wife and kids to fend for themselves? That doesn't sound very good.

Well sorry if I seem harsh but you need to man up and take care of your family. If your wife and you really and truly love each other you will work the money issues out. Nothing is ever easy and things happen, but you should never just give up! Good luck to you.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I left so that they can afford to eat, with my salary alone and no help from my government, we could not afford to eat. Now that I am seperate from them, I pay them £430 a month and the government pay my wife the equivelant of what I earn and houses them. My house has been taken by the bank, what else could I have done?

new topics

top topics

join