It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There A Psychic Connection Between Mother and Child?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Something happened last night that I found very interesting, and I wanted to see if any of my fellow ATSers have experienced something similar.

Now, this is all according to my husband. I don't remember any of it, except for the very end.

Apparently I woke my husband up, muttering in my sleep. He said he thought I was having a nightmare; I was tossing and turning, muttering, making faces, the usual nightmare reaction. He said I wasn't loud, but he'd decided to wake me up to stop my nightmare.

Just as he reached over to shake me awake, my son hollered and came streaking into our bedroom. He jumped on our bed and climbed in between us, saying that he'd had a nightmare and could he sleep in our bed?

Here's the kinda weird part... as soon as my husband shook me awake is when my son woke up. My husband laughed when he told me this this afternoon, saying it was like my son and I had the same nightmare.

So that's my story. Definitely nothing extraordinary, perhaps... but has anyone else experienced anything similar with their children?

One detail that might be important to note: my son (he's 6) is going through a serious mommy phase right now.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Interesting story, thanks for posting.

Whether this was 'psychic' related or not is debatable as you are aware. I certainly believe in telepathy between friends and family. How far this stretches I haven't a clue but I've definitely had 'psychic' experiences,with both my mother and my friends.

As for experiences with my own child.. I won't know till next year.. got a kid on the way

I don't discount the possibility that you and your son were having a 'psychic' experience. Very acceptable from my viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Congratulations on your upcoming child! That's wonderful!

Motherhood changed my life, completely. Maybe there's a connection, maybe I'm just attuned to him so I hear him better, maybe it was purely coincidental. No way of knowing.

Good luck with your little one!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
My daughter and I have multiple reading mind episodes. Its nearly a daily occurrence, I will think of something and moments later she will bring it to me. I will tell her something and she is amazed because she was just getting ready to ask me. We also have had same nightmares at same time awakening at the same time.......She is 9.....I love the connection!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I believe that people can link through dreams, or have shared dreams. Did you discuss with your child what dream they were having when they woke up?

Dreams fascinate me, and I have read where you can talk to a friend and try to have your dreams synchronized. Maybe your husband would be willing to try this with you.

Compare notes in the morning!

I think you need to discuss a place to meet in the dream, like sitting on a cloud, or a favorite place from memories. Try to recall as much as you can about your meeting in dream time as possible. The discussion, surroundings, food you shared, whether or not you held hands, etc.....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I know that the mother and children share Mitochondrial DNA. As for a psychic connection, I believe parents that are stronger in that sense do share an enhanced bond. I have seen people that are not closely related share similar bonds too.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was a young mother, for me, the greatest gift was observing my new patterns so different from my old ways.I had no one to turn to, so I accepted this huge responsibility and became aware of my inner thoughts. I have since sorted out and recognized that fathers, can and some do display inner wisdom previous to the pregnancy such as food and drink patterns. I knew without a doubt the food I was craving did not come from me. Never ever would I have ate some of the things my son and daughter needed. I had no way of knowing the taste of some of the foods and the textures.

I innately knew to read certain books and just casually skim over math. I hated math and reading, but I had a deep interest. Looking back now, I can clearly see I was speed reading. Flipping through the pages and all the while asking myself, what am I doing?

Why I mention fathers is because I can look back and see where my ex had unexplained diverse food and drink patterns shortly before I found out I was expecting our second child..

My son, was and still is to some degree,extreme connection to heart when he was sick or injured, even when he was 150 miles away visiting his father. I knew instantly when he fell and broke his arm. I could say a lot more but will not.

My daughter, it was only after she left home and starting her own life.I knew she was harmed or injured, but this was before cell phones, I was frantic trying to reach her. She was now living in another state. I thought I was going to die with fear. I knew something happened to her and had no way of finding out. It was the next day when I learned she was involved in a serious car accident. She survived.

Young mothers and fathers, pay attention to the inner nudges. Pay closer attention to the ones that are so unlike you.Talk to your baby, they will find a way to communicate with you.

Blessings

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by electricalpup

Those are some great examples of these harder to explain connections. It seems like the more abstract patterns that suggest deeper level connection amongst us, Father, Mother, Son, Daughter, friend, foe, and life alike, are the connections that are indeed present in many. After all, we all have a constituency of 'force' so to speak.

There just doesn't seem to be many people that are compelled to, or are capable of recognizing the more, almost natural connections (For whatever reasons we may ever glaze as to why). Notwithstanding, it's something incredible to those of us that don't necessarily believe it, but have seen enough evidence to recognize it as something incredible, either through our own accounts, or those we hear.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I swear my youngest child used to read my mind. It doesn't happen now that she is a little older but I can remember times when I would be thinking quietly to myself about the most random things and she would just blurt out whatever I was thinking.

I remember once I was driving and thinking of jicama. I was thinking I might get some to feed to my hermit crabs, lol. She was in her car seat in the backseat and said "Mommy, what's jicama?"

I know for a fact that I didn't say anything out loud. She had never seen jicama before, at the time. I'm in Kentucky and it's extremely rare to find it in any grocery store. I didn't think she had even heard of it yet she came right out with it. There were a few other times that this happened, but the jicama incident stands out the most.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I believe that they do, BUT what i believe more is that women are just very intuitive when it comes to all of the people they care about. I believe that the purpose of womens intuition is to protect their children though. My dad has had some experience with womens intuition before. He said that when he was a teenager he was going to go with his friend to the lake to go sail boating but his mom really didnt want him to go, she said that she had a really bad feeling about it. Of course, my dad insisted that everything would be fine and she gave in on the condition that he wear a life jacket. Well when they were sail boating the sail boat actually sunk while they were out in the middle of the lake and none of them were wearing their life jackets and my dad and his friends almost drowned because they had to swim a terribly long distance without a flotation device and their muscles almost gave out because of exhaustion. Another thing that happened to him is that he and his friends were driving late at night at lik 2 or 3 in the morning and they had a car wreck, they were fine and they had to walk back back to his friends house and then they got a not on the door and it was my dads recent ex girlfriend! She asked if they were ok because she said that she just had a really bad feeling that my dad was in trouble or something.

top topics

join