It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the Loch Ness Monster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

THIS strange hump poking out of the water is being hailed as proof the Loch Ness monster really does exist. George Edwards snapped the amazing photo while taking tourists out on his boat Nessie Hunter IV.

He said the mysterious dark lump moved slowly across the water towards Urquhart Castle - the scene of many Nessie sightings. George, 60, has spent 60 hours a week for the past 26 years searching for the mythical monster - and believes this is the best picture yet.

Even US military experts reckon it could be the real thing. Nessie-believer George captured the image on a digital camera as he was returning to Temple Pier, in Drumnadrochit, last November.

Read more here

Well this is certainly a very interesting story. For years people have thought that there is something In the loch and this photograph goes someway to proving the existence of an unknown creature and perhaps that monster the loch is famed for. This story is much like the UFO phenomenon however in this case we have an actual picture of an unknown creature.

What do you all make of this?
edit on 3-8-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I want to believe in Nessie, I really do. I believe it's possible, and I can believe some of the anecdotal reports as well.

But I have never, ever, personally seen any good evidence for it myself, including this new picture. Hoaxes have been admitted, and nothing solid ever documented. That picture MIGHT be part of the elusive beast, or one of any number of other things.

It's one of those things I will have to continue to hope in eventually being proven true, but I won't be holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I actually hope Nessie stays a hidden mystery and if true, can have the dignity of dieing of natural causes.

If scientists or Govt actually locate it, they will undoubtedly attempt capture in order to 'study' and that would be the end I believe.

Or put it in a gilded cage for all the World to stare and wonder...at a profit of course.

Perhaps not but I have not much faith that humanity will do the right thing anymore.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My guess was a carp.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-8-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

link   
There's another thread about it here.

I don't think it's proof, but I also don't think it should be dismissed just yet.

link   
I'm afraid there's already a thread about those pics :>

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Couple of things I question about this story....
(some of my questions may be answered in the full story, but I dont have time to go read the full thing)

1) if this was taken in november, why wait this long to release the picture?

2) why is thete only 1 pic if this thing moved accross the water?

3) if taken with a digital camera, then there is a chance the camera had movie mode. Why no video?

4) if you have been seeking the monster for 26 years, would you not be better equiped than a singke camera which gets a single shot??

Just too many things wrong with thus fir my liking

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Looks like a fish

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Please add comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have never understood why they call it a Monster. Now Politicians are Monsters...

Nessie is a Cadborosaurus willsi...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the original thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

join