It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mainstream view of the Egyptian pyramids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This thread is to look at what evidence the mainstream uses to support the theory that the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids and for their use as tombs for their Pharaohs.

For many years I've asked people who hold alternative or fringe ideas about the pyramids what they think about the mainstream evidence, in nearly 100% of the cases they have no knowledge at all of what the mainstream position is based on or at best a badly fractured and incomplete picture of it. This compares to my asking Atlantis believers how many of them have read Plato's dialogues, Timaeus and Critias - which shows that 30% never had.

As the pyramids - or more specifically the Giza ones and in particularly Khufu's are the epicenter of alternative and fringe ideas. I find that some knowledge of the mainstream position is necessary.

How I'll do this, I will present a general listing of the mainstream position, each with a number, over the next few days/week I'll expand on those summaries with links and additional comments. I will not go in order

If you want to add remember to reference the number if making a specific comment or addition

1. A complete lack of any evidence for another culture to have built them while at the same time massive amounts of evidence that the AE were there and evidence too of AE contact with other cultures around them

2. Writing inside or on the pyramids and writing associated with them by the Egyptians themselves:

Of the 100+ pyramids, six have direct textual attestation of their afterlife function
Only the writing of AE and later civilizations has been found in them and in association with them

3. The ancient, classical and later writers all refer to them as tombs. The Romans built one pyramid themselves and it was used as tomb

4. The rubble, the rubble from the quarries (located near the pyramids) where the stone for the pyramids come from was dumped back into the quarries and those dumps were dug into during the 19th century. What was found in them? Cultural material from the Egyptians, no body else’s

5.Technology, the pyramids were built using very (to our eyes) crude technology, using hammer stones, fire and water, bronze chisels, hand drawn bronze grit saws, etc. Which are found in the pre-dynastic and later Egyptian periods.

6. Built in an existing Egyptian necropolis - with no destruction of other graves. The pyramids are not single objects but are enclosed in a large area, bounded by walls, and with a number of associate things inside that wall, all of which are Egyptian in nature

What we call "Giza" today was in ancient times just one extension of the massive and sprawling Memphite cemetery, which also includes Saqqara.

7. Of the 100+ pyramids, some have still been found with bodily remains inside

8. We have three examples of kings in their own tombs from later era.

Of the 100+ pyramids, several have burial equipment in them
Surrounded by the graves of their family members
Of the 100+ pyramids, several have Egyptian style sarcophagi in their burial chambers
Of the 3 large pyramids at Giza, ALL had sarcophagi in their burial chambers

9. Of the 100+ pyramids, many have similar floor plans that coincide with the textually evidenced layout of the "afterlife" voyages of the soul. An aspect of Egyptian religion

10. The Egyptian culture that designed and built the pyramids used the pyramid shape as their symbol for "tomb", prior to that they used a symbols that looked like a mastaba, which is what they had used prior to inventing the step pyramid and later the true pyramid

11. The C-14 tests, putting the pyramids and other monuments into the time frame attested by early work on king lists, two arrays of tests

12. The builder’s villages, villages of people who built pyramids near Giza and a small worker's village has also been uncovered that seems to have been allotted the task of constructing Khentkawes' tomb. In some ways they are similar to a builders village associated with the tombs in the Valley of the Kings

13. The ancient Egyptian religion: The religion concentrated on the pharaoh, the king of Egypt. Although he was deemed a human, the pharaoh was believed to be descended from the gods. He acted as the intermediary between his people and the gods, and was obligated to maintain communication between the gods and man through rituals and offerings so that they could maintain order in the universe. The ancient Egyptians dedicated enormous resources to the performance of these rituals and to the construction of the temples to honour the Gods. An important aspect of the religion was the belief in the afterlife and funerary practices. The Egyptians made great efforts to ensure the survival of their souls after death, providing tombs, grave goods, and offerings to preserve the bodies and spirits of the deceased. This devotion to the Pharaoh and preservation of his body led to the pyramids. As we have seen in other cultures, excessive resources have been used to massage an elites ego by preparing a massive burial edifice or gifts

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

#2. Writing inside or on the pyramids and writing associated with them by the Egyptians themselves

Drawings of the relieving chambers hieroglyphics

The Vyse graffiti marks in the relieving chambers push the 'scollen' button to see them all

Goyon and Ginsells builders mark - this is graffiti in a different location that the relieving chambers, where it was found would have required the outer limestone cover to be removed

Goyon's marks

At the pyramid's (Menkaure's) entrance, there is an inscription records that Menkaure died on the twenty-third day of the fourth month of the summer and that he built the pyramid. It is thought that this inscription dates to the reign of Khaemwas, son of Ramsses II

The recent finding of the same type of red ochre marking in one of Khufu's shafts

Herodotus, Manetho of Sebennytos, Josephus, Diodorus Siculus, Strabo, Pliny, Solinus and Dionysius of Telmahre

List of all Egyptian and foreign mentions of the pyramids in ancient times

Japanese archaeologist found inscriptions for Khufu and his son on stones with the second dismantled boat (in the boat pits alongside)

Similar types of red ochre marking/writing have been found thorough out ancient Egyptian archaeological finds
edit on 3/8/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I am knowledgeable on both camps.
I have been fascinated since I was 8.
And you are right, it's interesting how little
Alien pyramid buffs know of the scientific record .
I certainly am not in the Alien camp.
But much needs to be bridged between the two.

There are no markings in the Great Pyramid.
No evidence that it was indeed a tomb.
The Great Pyramid simply appeared
from a historical standpoint.
It was learn to cultivate crops then
Boom! The Great Pyramid.
All pyramids after the 1st (Great Pyramid)
are a downgrade in Architecture and build quality.
(Actually everything since is a downgrade)
Just as is the case of many Megaliths.

Egyptians are the first culture to have
their greatest achievement, also be their first try.
That's plenty to keep me busy.
edit on 3-8-2012 by sealing because: Add

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Interesting thread idea. Will #5 technology detail the time frame for the building of the great pyramid in particular?
Mainstream views on time frame in relation to all other aspects is crucial to this I think.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

There are no markings in the Great Pyramid.

Sure there are look at the second posting

No evidence that it was indeed a tomb
see above, or perhaps one should ask what would you accept?

The Great Pyramid simply appeared from a historical standpoint.

Not as far as the ancient Egyptians are concerned

It was learn to cultivate crops then, Boom! The Great Pyramid, All pyramids after the 1st, are a downgrade in Architecture and build quality.

No that's not how it appears to have happened; look at Saqqara and the slow build up of skills to the seventh pyramid, Khufus was built about a century after the first Saqqara step pyramid of Djoser. The 'Ancient Egyptians' had agriculture about 3-4,000 years before they started building pyramids. I would suggestion looking at the Naqada and Amratian cultures which existed before the development of proto-dynastic and pre-dynastic cultures of Egypt. To go farther back look at the Harifian, Mushabian, Qadan, Merimede and other neolithic groups that were in the Nile valley

edit on 3/8/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914
Interesting thread idea. Will #5 technology detail the time frame for the building of the great pyramid in particular?
Mainstream views on time frame in relation to all other aspects is crucial to this I think.

Peace.

Yes along with #11 and other dating methods. The second of the two C-14 studies looked at a wide range of structures, those dates, and later ones from independent studies seemed to have set the date range for the AE.

Tomorrow

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Peace.

Yes along with #11 and other dating methods. The second of the two C-14 studies looked at a wide range of structures, those dates, and later ones from independent studies seemed to have set the date range for the AE.

Tomorrow

Great! The quarry, deliverey and placement in the 20 to 40 year build time frame of the Great Pyramid as expressed by the mainstream is allways a fun discussion.
edit on 3-8-2012 by crawdad1914 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Hiya Hans, it seems nobody wants to bite.

If I can adopt the role of fringe-believer for this one post, I'd say it's mightily convenient that all this evidence supports the mainstream view.

Some might say suspiciously convenient (1).

Don't you think that the lost white race (2) who really built the pyramids were smart enough to cover their tracks (3)? If they can build a galactic star-gate (4) using levitation (5) to point the way to their home world - it's hardly surprising they can outwit your so-called 'archaeologists' (6) is it? What with the collusion of the Smithsonian (7) brainwashing Lehner (8) to oppose the Truth-Speaker (9) Hancock, we are simply missing the message (10). I despair at the how Hawass (11) was allowed to use his secret tunnels (12) to steal from the Hall of Records (13).

With their technology, they deliberately chose to use stone so the message could only be interpreted by the Gnostics (14). It misleads those who are trapped in their paradigm (15) and shines the way for the real Truth-Seekers (16). The quarries are to send people on the wrong track (17) and the writing is simple graffiti by Egyptians who came much later...long after the Ancient-Ones (18) had returned home. I have seen images of carvings done with laser-precision (19) that could not be done by such simple people (20) and everyone knows that diorite cannot be shaped by iron! (21) When the wheel of precession (22) comes around, the pyramids will be activated (23) and a New Age (25) of peace and love will send our consciousness (26) to a higher vibration (27).

Did I miss any memes, themes or keywords out?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

This thread is to look at what evidence the mainstream uses to support the theory that the ancient Egyptians built the pyramids and for their use as tombs for their Pharaohs.

1. A complete lack of any evidence for another culture to have built them while at the same time massive amounts of evidence that the AE were there and evidence too of AE contact with other cultures around them

There are stories from the Nomadic Peoples, (or so I understood this, listening to commentary of those who partook in the creation/storyline of the Stargate movie) that indicate the Great Pyramid was housing literature. Now this is in contradiction to the Expresses Views of Hawass, but I would not throw the thought out, based on Hawass's views.

If you have access to the Second Disc in the Stargate Moive DVD package, it is noted in detail. I'd post it here, but have no clue how to go about that.

Now, if true, this would predate scripted records, as we know them today, Correct???? So, who would have been those that had writings to preserve within the Great Pyramid? Assyrian, Sumerian and other forms of writing are predated by the Great Pyramid, even in Hawass's world.

Now, I am not specifically indicating AE influences as the Origin of this Specific Wonder of the World, but highly educated individuals seem to be involved.

I also wish to include something Plato offered in a Story. A certain Priest is speaking to this fellow named Solon. This Priest makes some comments to Solon about Solon's Home.

Many great and wonderful deeds are recorded of your state in our histories. But one of them exceeds all the rest in greatness and valour. For these histories tell of a mighty power which unprovoked made an expedition against the whole of Europe and Asia,

Now, two things.

This Priest is noting, according to Plato of course, their records???? Records that date back thousands of years, since the subject matter dates to some 9000 BC.

Second, unfortunately due to the lost of the Library we loose those histories.

Makes you wonder if the Nomads had it right. If those records where housed in the Great Pyramid, we would still have them today.

2. Writing inside or on the pyramids and writing associated with them by the Egyptians themselves

Of the 100+ pyramids, six have direct textual attestation of their afterlife function
Only the writing of AE and later civilizations has been found in them and in association with them

With that noted, There are no markings within the Great Pyramid. Sure some scammers had scratched Kufu in the Vaults over the King's Rooms, but there is nothing else, aside from Markers denoting measurement.

3. The ancient, classical and later writers all refer to them as tombs. The Romans built one pyramid themselves and it was used as tomb

I would feel much more within a Comfort Zone with what you note here, if the exception was duly noted.

The writings attributed to Isaiah in the King James 1611 Bible, offer terms such as an " altar to the Lord ". Not a Tomb, but somewhere for Egypt, to "do sacrifice and oblation" in the coming days and/or years.

4. The rubble, the rubble from the quarries (located near the pyramids) where the stone for the pyramids come from was dumped back into the quarries and those dumps were dug into during the 19th century. What was found in them? Cultural material from the Egyptians, no body else’s

5.Technology, the pyramids were built using very (to our eyes) crude technology, using hammer stones, fire and water, bronze chisels, hand drawn bronze grit saws, etc. Which are found in the pre-dynastic and later Egyptian periods.

I would only offer this as consideration.

The Great Pyramid in specific, is a wonder in construction, that to this date has never been duplicated in exactness of it's layout. Some dismiss it's alignment as being out some marginal figure, but that's based on one error on their part. The date of it's construction. It was built long before the common belief suggests it was. The alignment to the North Star would have been exact in 6000 BC. But that's another argument for another day.

The consideration is a recent topic within this forum that expressed the Great Pyramid was a poured structure, so residue/leftovers which you note above, may not have been incorporated, nor would the tooling s similar.

I would suggest the neighboring forgeries that go arm in arm with the Great Pyramid are what is being found within the quarries, along with the residue of those builders. When you have sloppy workmanship, such as found in the two attempted copies, you can expect that the efforts in keeping a clean work site with proper disposal of trash materials would also be lacking.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
hrmm

well all i can tell you what i learned from the mainstream about their views on Egyptian pyramids is. Why did someone build something so big? how did they do it? who were they? how could slaves make this!

questions questions and more questions

even though well all know the answer, the mainstream media still thinks "woooo look at the size of that ROCK!"

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
and if the pyramids hadn't eroded from thousands of years of sitting they would not appear to be crafted by basic tools BELIEVE me

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

If you want to add remember to reference the number if making a specific comment or addition

I would suggest most of the details offer in 6 thru 10 would be accurate in most cases. That afterall is what we do know about what is found within 100's of the various sites. Yes, Egyptians seemed to believe this was the way of things, during that period of time. Much like during the Dark Ages, Europa deemed the Earth was the center of the Universe and the World was Flat. Same thing, Different misconception.

11. The C-14 tests, putting the pyramids and other monuments into the time frame attested by early work on king lists, two arrays of tests

Again, for the most part, this is accurate when dealing with 100's of items found in this region. Why should it not be the case. These Pharaohs / Kings only wanted what they presumed the Great Pyramid was intended to be. Wouldn't you in the same situation? It only makes sense that you would seek to glorify yourself as your forefathers had.

13. The ancient Egyptian religion: The religion concentrated on the pharaoh, the king of Egypt. Although he was deemed a human, the pharaoh was believed to be descended from the gods. He acted as the intermediary between his people and the gods, and was obligated to maintain communication between the gods and man through rituals and offerings so that they could maintain order in the universe. The ancient Egyptians dedicated enormous resources to the performance of these rituals and to the construction of the temples to honor the Gods. An important aspect of the religion was the belief in the afterlife and funerary practices. The Egyptians made great efforts to ensure the survival of their souls after death, providing tombs, grave goods, and offerings to preserve the bodies and spirits of the deceased. This devotion to the Pharaoh and preservation of his body led to the pyramids. As we have seen in other cultures, excessive resources have been used to massage an elites ego by preparing a massive burial edifice or gifts.

While I have my own perspective, this is generally what the mainstream believe. I have difficulties with it based on remarks made in my previous post, but in the end, it is likely the scenario offered that is an accurate portrayal of what the Original form of worship became when the various lessor gods entered the picture. Much like the problems of today, Religion is something made up by men. It is contorted and twisted to suit the needs and inspirations of those in power. Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely, (isn't that the phrase). There could be some evidence corrupted in the Mythos of the Religion of the later day Egyptians that still retains the Original Form of Worship, but most would overlook or dismiss the connections, even when presented to them reflect upon. We all have a similar problem in that regard. Preconceived notions rule the day.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

So, reviewing your materials offered for consideration, I found there where many things omitted or not offered in regards to the subject at hand and in specific cases, the Great Pyramid itself.

Things such as the following offering the Chronologies of the Kings and noting the Manetho's and Abydoss Chronologies.

Appendix B

The Chronologies of Kings.

Manetho's Chronology: The divine and pre-dynastic dynasties: From Manetho, according to Eusebius, extracted from Pochan (16).

Dynasty of Gods. 30,544 BC 13,900 yrs.

Dynasty of Demi-gods. 16,644 BC 1,255 yrs.

First line of Kings 15,389 BC 1,817 yrs.

Thirty more Kings of Memphis. 13,572 BC 1,790 yrs.

Ten Kings of This. 11,782 BC 350 yrs.

Spirits of the Dead. 11,432 BC 5,813 yrs.

First Dynasty: Menes. 5,619 BC 253 yrs.

Second Dynasty: Boethos. 5,367 BC 302 yrs.

Third Dynasty: Necherophes. 5,065 BC 214 yrs.

The Fourth Dynasty: Petrie quotes Manetho from an extract in 'Fragments' from 1832. He notes that while the 3rd kingdom is said to be composed of Memphite kings, and the 5th dynasty of Elephantine rulers, the 4th dynasty was supposed to have been composed of 'eight Memphite Kings of a different race'. The list is as follows:

Soris. (4,85 BC). Reigned 29 years.
Suphis. (4,829-4,766 BC). Reigned 63 years. (He built the largest pyramid; He was arrogant towards the gods, and wrote the sacred book).
Suphis II. Reigned 66 years
Mencheres Reigned 63 years.
Rhatoeses. Reigned 25 years.
Bicheres. Reigned 22 years.
Sebercheres. Reigned 7 years.
Thampthis. Reigned 9 years. = Total 284 years (12).
And on for 4,497 yrs until :-

The Thirty-second Dynasty: Lagid - 332 BC.

The Abydoss Kings list:

Third Dynasty.

Huni. End of 3rd Dynasty. Abydoss list, Reigned 24 yrs (5)
Fourth Dynasty.

Snofru. Founder of 4th dynasty

Two things are found in the Manetho Chronology.

First, a Date of 4850 +/- BC for the construction of the Great Pyramid, which is of course, contrary to the Mainstream by 2000 + years.

Second, it wasn't Egyptians that built it.

The Abydoss King's list is short, and deals with the 4th Dynasty itself, but what is noted here?

Huni is a disturbing character. Doing research in other areas, I keep finding a Hu fellow, who lived for some 1500 Years in a pre-flood world. The Steppes, Western China, Korea all have something on Hu, some adding to his moniker Hu-an, or the Wu-Hu and here again, Hu-ni????

Huni (also read as Ni-Suteh[3], Nisut-Hu[4] and Hu-en-nisut[5])

Hu does infact mean onething in all of the other applications. It defines him as a Proud Son of the Heavens.

Here's you Pharaoh/Godhead conx. Maybe?????

Snofru followed Huni and his son was Khufu, (aka Kufu/Cheops)

Now there are distinct differences in time frames. One needs to be correct, but we'll see where this leads or I intend it to lead.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hans

that is a funny list, not exactly substantial, but clearly an assault on the fringe writers making claims to the edge.

1. The builders, it is not that important, but I would go with Egyptian, who else makes sense?
2. The writing inside the pyramids is insignificant to the sites where actual bodies were found. Haven't you been to the Valley of the Kings with all those fancy pictures on virtually any convenient surface. Nice entertainment for the dead. The pyramids only an intrusion burial has any significant writing inside the tombs, unless you count the graffiti.
3. Ancient writers came long after the event, they took the view of the guys who had dumped bodies around the pyramids hence the tomb view for eons. Nick Cage has built a pyramid for a tomb, does that mean we should all believe pyramids were tombs?
4. Agreed, pyramids were made of stone, what else cement aka Davidovdits. I think many of the limestone blocks were hacked from the canals that surround the structure but that is a small point. The quarries were crucial for the casing and refurbs for the idiot lord who thought the old structures would make great cenotaphs.
5. Agreed for the most part, though fire and water is a little limiting. They used another more readily available form of controllable heat to fracture certain stones.
6. I disagree with this, the necropolis sprung up around the site as the pyramids themselves ceased to function due to drops in the water table. Clearly it would be silly to put corpses into the ground with all that water described by Dunn, Cadman, Kunkel, Knight/Butler and myself. If you had been to Saqqara you would have seen all the dried up wells there as well. They also tried to dig into the ground untl they hit the water table, just shows the efforts they would go to. The hole is very long and not a corpse in it.

7. Of the 100+ pyramids how many actually had a corpse in them ???? It is disingenuous to imply that the majority did when it is a tiny percentage. These were accessible sites or worse mastabas on which pyramids were conveniently built.

8. A big granite box does not prove a structure was a tomb. Neither does a few corpses laying about the place, surely the mainstream has a better case than this.

9 & 10 & 13 Ah here is the main body of the mainstream 'proof' people said they were tombs, the afterlife was important, death is to be venerated etc.. A whole pile of superstitious nonsense that came after the structures had ceased to work. Led to the construction of the spirit/ death religions on which the modern ones are base. No wonder its appealing people are fascinated with death.

11. If only C dating was that accurate.

12. Proves nothing either way, there would be people necessary to carry out the functioning structure, the refurbs, the subsequent Idiot lord Internments etc.. There were people working there period.

I couldn't agree more with your comments on the fringe authors who write exclusively about the Giza pyramids. These are unusual and more complicated than the whole scheme of development that preceded them. It is hard to understand a jet engine or kray computer if you have not looked at the basics first. I am neither mainstream nor fringe, but start from the simplest incarnations of this technology and build to the working mechanic of Cheops or those cute ones next to it. They all work under the same principles.

The fringe writers who confuse people with the detail of Cheops are doing as big a disservice to archaeology as the mainstream writers who turn them into tombs.

Regards

Chris

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Again at the site offered above, we will look to one more Chronology, that namely being Other that runs from the 1st Dynasty through to Khufu, (aka Kufu/Cheops)

Other Chronologies.

1st Dynasty.

Menes. (Narmer). (5867 BC - Champillion), (5702 BC - Broeckh), ( 5004 BC - Mariette), (4455 or 4400 BC - Brugsch), (3892 BC - Lepsius), (3623 - BC Bunsen), (2320 BC - Wilkinson). (11)

Aha. (18)

King Djer (3rd Monarch).

Djet (Uadji). (18)

Den. (5th Monarch). ('Udimu' ref:18). Abydoss label (BM 55586), reads 'the first smiting of the east' (18).

Anedjib. (18)

Semerkhet. (18).

Qaa. (18)

2nd Dynasty.

1st Monarch either Raneb or Hotepsekhemwy. The later name meaning 'the Two Powers are appeased' (18).

Raneb. (18).

Nynetjer. (18)

Perisben. (6th Monarch). (BM 35597). The name is contained in a 'Serekh', surmounted by a 'Seth'-animal instead of a horus falcon. (18)

Khasekham - 'The power has appeared'. Serekh surmounted by a Horus falcon again. Changed his name to 'Khasekhemwy' (The two powers have appeared'), under both Horus and Seth fiures. (18)

3rd Dynasty.

Sanakhte. (His Serekh has Horus falcon).There is some doubt as to whether Djoser was the first or second Monarch of the 3rd dynasty. His rival for this position is Sanakhte, a shadowy king of which few monuments are known. (18)

Djoser (Netcherykhet). (2630-2611), reigned for 19 years.(10) His name is emphasized with red ink on the 'Turin king list' (18)

Horus Sekhemkhet. (2611-2603, reigned for 8 years.(10)

Khaba. (2603-2599, reigned for 4 years.(10))

Huni. (Last King) (Ref:10 has no Huni)

4th Dynasty.

Snofru (Sneferu, Seneferu). (2575-2551 BC, reigned 8 years.(10) Son of Huni. Married Queen Hetepheres I.

Queen Hetepheres I.

Kanefer. A son of Snofru. (18)

Khufu. (Cheops). (2551-2528 BC). Reigned 23 years.(10) Son of Snofru and Queen Hetepheres I. Married Queen Merytyetes. His vizier (prime minister) was Prince Ankh-haf, another son of Seneferu. Pochan, mentions that Cheops wrote 'The Sacred Book', still popular under the Lagid Dynasty (16).

The only Note for here is ONE. Pochan, mentions Cheops wrote "The Sacred Book".

Someone else wrote that Book. Or is Cheops NON Egyptian???

And these are directly from your own Link offering Historical Account that continue to suggest, it wasn't an Egyptian that had to do with the Construction of the Great Pyramid.

Here, are words attributed to a Priest of Egypt

Manetho (of Sebennytos) - (c. 280-270 BC) - The Egyptian High priest who said:

"There came up from the East, in a strange manner, men of an ignoble race, who had the confidence to invade our country, and easily subdue it without a battle. All this invading nation was styled Hyksos, that is Shepherd Kings". (14)

The following extract purports to be a conversation between Herodotus and Manetho:

Extract from Miracle of Ages - 'In the course of his questioning he (Herodotus) encountered one Manetho, an Egyptian High Priest, scholar and Historian, with whom he conversed at length thru the agency of an interpreter. Manetho informed his distinguished guest that the architect of the huge mass of stone was one "Philition", or "Suphis", of a people known as the "Hyksos", that is "Shepherd Kings". According to Manetho, the Shepherd Kings were "a people of ignoble race" who came from some unknown land in the East; they were a nomadic band who numbered not less than 280,000 souls; they brought with them their families and all mobile possessions, including vast flocks of sheep and herds of cattle; and they "had the confidence to invade Egypt, and subdued it without a battle". this same people, said Manetho, overthrew the then-reigning Dynasty, stamped out idolatry and endeavored to firmly establish in the place thereof the worship of the One true God having completed the Great pyramid, migrated eastward into the land afterwards known as Judea and founded there the city of Salem, which later became Jerusalem, the Holy city.' He also says of 'Suphis' that 'He was arrogant to the gods and wrote the sacred book, which is regarded by the Egyptians as a work of great importance'. (7)

Pochan says that according to Manetho,' the erection of the great pyramid is assigned to the reign of Cheops (Khnum-Khufu, 4829-4766 BC),

Over 1/4 of a Million Shepherd Kings. A Monotheistic Peoples of GOD. "And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt". And here's that Book Kufu has been attributed to have written once more. And here we are dated again to ??????? 4800 BC +/-??

Still more. Lots More. Man Hanslune, you sure know where to find information. Excellent source materials my friend.

Ciao for now

Shane

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Hiya Hans, it seems nobody wants to bite.

If I can adopt the role of fringe-believer for this one post, I'd say it's mightily convenient that all this evidence supports the mainstream view.

Some might say suspiciously convenient (1).

Don't you think that the lost white race (2) who really built the pyramids were smart enough to cover their tracks (3)? If they can build a galactic star-gate (4) using levitation (5) to point the way to their home world - it's hardly surprising they can outwit your so-called 'archaeologists' (6) is it? What with the collusion of the Smithsonian (7) brainwashing Lehner (8) to oppose the Truth-Speaker (9) Hancock, we are simply missing the message (10). I despair at the how Hawass (11) was allowed to use his secret tunnels (12) to steal from the Hall of Records (13).

With their technology, they deliberately chose to use stone so the message could only be interpreted by the Gnostics (14). It misleads those who are trapped in their paradigm (15) and shines the way for the real Truth-Seekers (16). The quarries are to send people on the wrong track (17) and the writing is simple graffiti by Egyptians who came much later...long after the Ancient-Ones (18) had returned home. I have seen images of carvings done with laser-precision (19) that could not be done by such simple people (20) and everyone knows that diorite cannot be shaped by iron! (21) When the wheel of precession (22) comes around, the pyramids will be activated (23) and a New Age (25) of peace and love will send our consciousness (26) to a higher vibration (27).

Did I miss any memes, themes or keywords out?

Excellent satire my friend, you touched a lot of bases there! I'll continue later today

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

And the information seems to flow on and on, like the Nile,

In the last post, I had no room to add or comment, so I will finish the extract, in fairness so that cherry picking this verse or that line isn't applicable.

Picking up the previous ended.

Pochan says that according to Manetho,' the erection of the great pyramid is assigned to the reign of Cheops (Khnum-Khufu, 4829-4766 BC), the second king of the Fourth Dynasty and the twenty-eighth king of Egypt, starting with Menes.'. Also that in his epitome, handed down by Syncellus, the oldest pyramids mentioned are those of Kochme (Cho, in the Armenian version of Eusebius), the work of Uenephes, the fourth king of the First dynasty. He says that Suphis (second King of the Fourth dynasty) built the great pyramid (neither Cheops nor Khufu?), and that Queen Nitocris (sixth ruler of the sixth dynasty), built the third pyramid. (16)

Seiss (15), adds that 'Manetho is quoted by Josephus and others, as saying "We had formerly a king who's name was Timaus. In his time it came to pass, I know not how, that the deity was displeased with us; and they came from the east and when they had our rulers in their hands they demolished the temples of the gods" (see coreys fragments, p257) This Timaus of Manetho is doubtless the same person as the Chemes of Diodorus, the Ceops of Herodotus, and the Chufu or Suphis of the monuments'. And that "some say they were Arabians" which left Egypt in large numbers and went to "That country now called Judea, and there built a city and named it Jerusalem".

(Note: Check Manetho text in 'Fragments' by Isaac Preston Cory, Cambridge. 1832).

So we have foreigners, with One GOD, a Sacred Book and the leave for Judea and build GOD's Holy City called Jerusalem. Doesn't sound like Egyptians at all does it??????

Here we have some of the notations left by Josephus on the matter.

Josephus. - Extract from Seiss (15)

'Josephus the learned scribe, gives it as historical fact that Seth and his immediate descendants "were the inventors of that peculiar sort of wisdom which is concerned with the heavenly bodies and their order. And their inventions might not be lost before they were sufficiently known, upon Adam's prediction that the world was going to be destroyed, they made two pillars (Note: Masonic association), the one of brick, the other of stone. They inscribed their discoveries on both of them, that in case the pillar of brick should be destroyed by the flood, the pillar of stone might remain and exhibit these discoveries to mankind." He also said, "Now this (pillar) remains in the land of siriad (Egypt) to this day." (Jewish antiquities, I, 2).

One of Brick = "In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt"
The Other of Stone = "and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord".

Now, we also have the Seth Bloodline being untroduced. Strange as it is, it was Abraham that had the learnings of the Stars. He came from UR after all. Center of Astrology as I recall.

But Again, these are not Egyptians.

Now, the balance of that materials, are well worth the review, but they pertain to revolve around the condition of the Pyramid during noted periods and some of the calculations made over time on the Size of the Monuments found on the Giza Plateau.

As for comments made earlier about the contents of the Great Pyramid, and the Nomadic Tribes of the region as spoken about on the Stargate Second Disc, I found the following again, quite interesting. It is from your page again, and speaks of the Middle Kingdom Papyrus

Middle Kingdom Papyrus at Leiden (Ref: 5 pp. 58).

'The contemporary account of 'Ipu-wer', is a long list of lament, revealing a state of turmoil and revolt. "All is in ruin" he said, "A man kills his brother. Blood is everywhere. A few laws of the judgement hall are cast forth. Officials are slain and their records are taken away. The secrets of the kings of upper and Lower Egypt are divulged. What the pyramid concealed has become empty and the palace is destroyed'.

It is suggested that this text is a reference to the 're-opening' of pyramids.

The Records are Taken!. What the Pyramid concealed has become empty!. Was it as the Nomadic Tribes noted. Was this what the Descendants of Seth inscribed and placed within the Great Hall, and King's Room? Those Non Egyptian Peoples who wrote the Sacred Book, which Khufu is also attributed to has scribed, and built the Great Pyramid?

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hello Hans,

You might wish to try and balance your post by listing some of the facts that contradict the pyramid tomb theory (PTT). I've taken some time to do this for you:

10 Facts that Contradict the Pyramid Tomb Theory (PTT)

Regards,

SC

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Great! The quarry, deliverey and placement in the 20 to 40 year build time frame of the Great Pyramid as expressed by the mainstream is allways a fun discussion.

There is a thin line between evidence and proof of the true builders of the Giza pyramids. We are left with supposition in place of confirmation.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Egyptians are the first culture to have
their greatest achievement, also be their first try.
That's plenty to keep me busy.
edit on 3-8-2012 by sealing because: Add

There are several much smaller step pyramids that were built before the Great Pyramid, in what many Egyptologists see as "trial" versions.

This is a well documented fact in Egyptian history.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join