It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 18 most suppressed inventions ever!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murad
"Pot. And one wonders why it's illegal."

Yeah with Holland having some of the highest cancer rates in the world, that statement sure stands up lol to scrutiny lol.

Well, I for one am not sure if you're serious or joking, but according to these articles Denmark has the highest cancer rates among women, whereas France as the highest rate among men. The articles explain why, but I don't see anything about "pot usage" being mentioned as a factor. Though, of course, this is "Denmark" we're talking about, not The Netherlands (aka "Holland"), which ranks only 12th, 5 slots below the US.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

one doesn't need a "conspiracy" when people are intentionally stupid

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
reply to post by TechUnique

Not mad at all, just being a bit sharp!. Though my link pretty much disproves your claim. There are massive projects going on to harvest "free" energy that does not involve any oil. Sure you will be ably to invent something so that this fact will fit in your conspiracy too. Still I think that project is a million times more interesting than water powered cars, Tesla magic machines or any other make believe free energy.

With a space stationed, energy gathering and beam tech alone we could get off today's power. Do you really think there is a good reason the money for developing alternatives has not gotten us off oil by now?

To me it is one of the clearest and obvious things that the world has been held back, so that certain factions can remain rich and keep everyone obligated to go to them for what we need.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

As has been demonstrated with things like 3d printing and the internet, you cannot actually suppress anything.

This title should be changed to failed technological inventions.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The economy wouldn't collapse if there were free energy. If I didn't have to pay for gas and electricity id be a lot better off. Find some food and you're golden. Who needs jobs when everything is free. Screw the 1%.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It's nice 99mpg but if that comes to the market you will pay 25$ per gallon thx to Senior Bush that owns Spectrum 7 oil companie.

Thats why they are today in Arab countries for oil and build pipeline and overthrow the government and install there dictatorship of government.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Great list but the #18 regarding Hemp was the straw that broke this camel's back. While I'm against most forms of stereotyping was nevertheless amusing that the list hosted by tru tv, arguably similar to Spike Television should include something related to Hemp.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This was a great thread, thanks OP.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The most famous is Stan
Meyer's dune buggy, which achieved 100
miles per gallon and might have become
more commonplace had Meyer not
succumbed to a suspicious brain aneurysm
at 57. Insiders have loudly claimed that
Meyer was poisoned after he refused to sell
his patents or end his research

Here's the problem with the world right now. The gods of this World are Mammon and Dinero. Meyer developed an engine that would benefit humanity and the planet. Because he would've put fossil burning fuels makers and their subsidiaries out of business they rubbed him out of existence. Don't get between a greedy dragon and his opportunities to hoard ungodly amounts of riches, you'll get roasted. People murder other people for the sake of making a buck, thats just one reason why humanity is doomed. There are many other just as equally evil reasons humanity will fail, but they all stem from greed.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
If there was a hidden cure for cancer i doubt Steve Jobs would have died.

Is he ?
did you see his body ?
many rich have announced their own dead with a real burial ceremony
so people can forget about them and go underground for their new life

James Holmes is one of those (neuro science expert)
now people think the real james holmes is nuts and in prison in a very deep cell
maybe the orange guys who was drugged with probably the devil breath

never trust what people tell you .. especially on TV

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
With a space stationed, energy gathering and beam tech alone we could get off today's power. Do you really think there is a good reason the money for developing alternatives has not gotten us off oil by now?

Its a rather simple cost/benefit/risk issue. Oil has been extremely cheap and there is an excellent infrastructure for it. There has been no serious reason to invest billions of dollars just to end up with a product that is even more expensive than oil.

But of course this is changing, as oil is getting more expensive. It is just a matter of time until we will all be on "free" energy (of course we will have to pay for it, infrastructure and power plants will never be free, no matter what technology).

I don't think the space tech you talk about is a good idea. More than enough energy reaches the surface, there is no reason at all to make space stations gathering energy. It would just be a wast of resources and it would be unnecessarily expensive.

To me it is one of the clearest and obvious things that the world has been held back, so that certain factions can remain rich and keep everyone obligated to go to them for what we need.

The world and its powers is just way too diverse for this to be possible.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the post -- great article! For those of us who are still struggling in the 99 percent, how do we go about saving energy if we live in apartments?

I'm a case in point. I live in the main floor of an old house. My city went to a new "smart meter" technology, and my heating bills have soared. I have electric heat. I use a space heater in two rooms and close the other rooms off. I have drapes over the sliding door in the kitchen to keep out the cold. Still, it's awfully cold here. And my bills are really high, at least by the standards of how this city used to be.

My landlord is a drunk and doesn't want to do anything. I'm having someone to come by to test the outlets to be sure that the electricity coursing through them isn't overloaded (I have a hunch this may be the problem). Because the landlord is technically breaking the law by renting two units instead of one, I'm not supposed to call the power company to check things out, because they might report the landlord.

So, I have to come up with my own resources. I have a wood burning fireplace, but not a wood burning stove. I am willing to wear more sweaters and hats during the winter, as they did in the olden days . . . but keep thinking there must be a better way. Some kind of portable energy device that didn't require electricity would be the ticket! Obviously I cannot install solar panels because I rent. And I don't want to move -- it's hard to find apartments in this city.

If anyone has unusual practical advice or good links to share, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
While I vehemently agree with some of the things in the video I wonder about others.

Lerner's focus fusion is definitely real and definitely suppressed. Although he is now finally edging towards a solution as fast as his funding will allow him to go. Hopefully this will result in Hot Fusion power for everyone by the end of the decade instead of tokamak fusion being perpetually 20 years away like it has been for the last 50 years.

Cold Fusion is most definitely the red headed stepchild of the fusion world, but hopefully that is changing too with companies like Brillouin energy making real and useful progress. We could see a crop of' new cold fusion devices inside of 5 years at the rate things are moving now.

The EV1: Contrary to a poster who swears he sees EV1's driving in town from time to time I will state that in no uncertain terms every single EV1 was crushed over the objections of the leasee's who collectively tried everything they could to keep their beloved EV1's including offering GM a payout of 5 digit magnitude per car in order to be able to keep them. All of this info is of course readily available on the internet for those who wish to know the truth rather than post from ignorance. At best said poster is just a really poor identifier of cars and at worst they are trying to debunk an issue by injecting false information. I don't think I need to say any more about that.

edit on 4-8-2012 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
Great list but the #18 regarding Hemp was the straw that broke this camel's back. While I'm against most forms of stereotyping was nevertheless amusing that the list hosted by tru tv, arguably similar to Spike Television should include something related to Hemp.

What's your problem with hemp? You don't like it because it is related to pot?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
How do you find these things? Good work!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You know why Vw had no intrest in selling the lupo in America? It's simple no one would buy it. Gas was cheap, Americans like big cars, Americans are turned off by diesel. It's that simple. it's not a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky

What's your problem with hemp? You don't like it because it is related to pot?

Hemp is arguably the greatest natural fiber to mankind. It has nothing to do with getting high. It was banned because William Randolph Hearst owned paper production plants and used his media empire to villify hemp to make money.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hemp is an amazing product and could have literally thousands of uses including quite a few that replace OIL based products. A quick google search tells you that over 25000 different uses have been found for hemp. It could do everything from replace some composites, to make bioplastic, to make biofuel, and more durable clothes. It grows well in a large amount of environments and could overall be a huge boon to our struggling economy. But the federal government stonewalls any attempts at hemp production here in the US. There's a couple companies looking to grow and harvest hemp here in Oregon, but they are not starting production because the federal government can and will raid anyone producing industrial hemp.

Industrial Hemp law passed in oregon

So as usual the federal government is doing everything it can to keep potentially economy boosting products from being produced.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
You know why Vw had no intrest in selling the lupo in America? It's simple no one would buy it. Gas was cheap, Americans like big cars, Americans are turned off by diesel. It's that simple. it's not a conspiracy.

Sooo gas isn't cheap now. Where's it at?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

With Tesla the world would have been a whole new civilization. That alone would have generated more brilliance that never saw the light of day. Free energy might have equalled a world without starvation and the poverty that 'is the condition of the world we live in today'.

Utterly tragic!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join