It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We In America Really Want Females Killing and Spying by Remote Control?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Women are the most compassionate

Really if a women can and wants to join the military to stave off the bloodlust or serve their country or whatever, then who I'm I to argue. Freedom of choice and the American dream and all that.

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I suppose I probably hold an unpopular opinion....

First of all I think that if women join any sector of the armed forces, then they should serve exactly like the men do. Same jobs, same treatment, etc.

Equality right? We want equality....then take it. And I am a female. You can't ask to do the same things, while wanting different treatment.

What this chap said up to this point anyways. When it comes to the morality about being able to kill behind a desk well I think thats a different topic all together and don't really have or care to have an opinion about it right now.
edit on 8/3/2012 by Mcupobob because: the voices in my head told me too.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
To my way of thinking this photo - in part - points to the absurdity of it all with respect to the contents of this thread, i.e., women as combat killers. Not only does she seem to be very much out of her element in that outfit, but we also see here the gross contradiction posed by the notion of a female MEDIC being at one and the same time assigned to the masculine role of combat KILLER. As far as I'm concerned she is NOT a medic at all..

You can't have it both ways - either you are one or the other - one who heals or one who kills - you can't be both because its an inherent contradiction. .............

In my day and in my own military experience medics were not armed..

Note the caption to the photo.

Army medic Jacqui de Gelder ready to heal or harm as necessary, Afghanistan, September 2009. © Gary Ramage / Newspix .

Photo source
edit on 3-8-2012 by Vitruvian because: spell check

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Killing by proxy is still killing. It isn't more or less honourable when done in person. It still amounts to the same thing.

Women are just as capable of being killers, and men just as capable of being nuturing.

The problem is that this function is being used so regularly, and to the detriment of people's other development.

Logic isn't logical. Science isn't methodical. Religion isn't Godly. Peace isn't peaceful. Culture has none. Society isn't.

Your main problem is the inability to reconcile two or more concurrent or parallel states that are not mutually exclusive.
edit on 3-8-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Let us not forget these brave women: Women in the Russian and Soviet Military

Women played a large part in most of the armed forces of the Second World War. In most countries though, women tended to serve mostly in administrative, medical and in auxiliary roles. But in the Soviet Union women fought in larger numbers in front line roles. Over 800,000 women served in the Soviet armed forces in World War II; nearly 200,000 of them were decorated and 89 of them eventually received the Soviet Union’s highest award, the Hero of the Soviet Union. They served as pilots, snipers, machine gunners, tank crew members and partisans, as well as in auxiliary roles.

The Soviet Union also used women for sniping duties extensively, and to great effect, including Nina Alexeyevna Lobkovskaya and Ukrainian Lyudmila Pavlichenko (who killed over 300 enemy soldiers). The Soviets found that sniper duties fit women well, since good snipers are patient, careful, deliberate, can avoid hand-to-hand combat, and need higher levels of aerobic conditioning than other troops. Women also served as machine gunners, tank drivers, medics, communication personnel and political officers. Manshuk Mametova was a machine gunner from Kazakhstan and was the first Soviet Asian woman to receive the Hero of the Soviet Union for acts of bravery.

Girls have fought in war before in much more direct roles.
There are no real differences between who pulls the trigger when such is needed done.

Whether it be piloting drones from a comfortable climate controlled room, or in the dirt, mud, and challenges of the the field, girls are just as capable and in roles possibly better qualified.

Yay for girls!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

How on earth does she seem out of her element? By your logic a man who chooses to be a homemaker is out of his element as well? Not all men are the same nor are all women the same just so you know. Stop trying to put people in cookiecuttter gender roles, it doesn't work anymore.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

You need to get out more.No, compassion is a trait to the individual not a sex.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

How is being a medic & a killer a contradiction?

You save your mates, and kill the buggers trying to put more holes in your mates.
In some ways you can even think of it as preventive care; treating the war injury before it happens by killing the buggers that would make it happen.

The old days of black and white movies with medics wearing huge red-cross logos and not getting shot at are gone, if they even ever were reality. The enemies of today make no distinction between medics, and even often civilians and children what with suicide bombers.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sorry. Remote control killers earned all the judgment that they heaped on their heads. Even the pretty ones. I hope they die screaming.

This same vision was uttered by the prophet Sarkasian, in his film Vanishing Point.
If one isn't chilled by the police data control room in that movie, then one is not paying attention.

An old crow announces that we don't call them 'mothers', or 'speed freaks' around here. But we're going to do what you couldn't. We're going to stop him and stop him for good.. She passes it to a younger version, and yet another. IBM's earliest human bean counter clangs away in the background, and roadside technology devices, crude ones, track the escape artist's progress.

The scene was shrieking, a message of technofascist terror, in it's incipience. All done by the gentler sex.

I want to throw up. Instead, I may revisit that little cave I know about, the place where unfathomable
edit on 4-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I suppose I probably hold an unpopular opinion....

First of all I think that if women join any sector of the armed forces, then they should serve exactly like the men do. Same jobs, same treatment, etc.

Equality right? We want equality....then take it. And I am a female. You can't ask to do the same things, while wanting different treatment.

Secondly, I hate the fact that anyone can "kill behind a desk". I don't care what sex they are. It takes the humanity out of it. The guilt one may feel may be lessened. People are no longer people...they are characters in a real life video game. One may be quicker to pull the trigger on anything if they don't have to look into their eyes when they do it IMO.
edit on 8/3/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Unpopular? Well if it is I guess I have lost faith in the judgement of my fellow human beings. I found your statement was worded exactly as it should have. I couldn't agree more.

The most frustrating thing in society, for me, is inconsistent thinking. Seems to be rampant these days. Anyways, I wish most female's I know had such an opinion.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
WOW. There are several posters putting women back in the dark ages. Stay home and cook, take care of the kids, barefoot and pregnant. "Women are nurturers" to quote a post. Yes, to a point. Ever see a mother bear protecting her young? I see this two ways. There are some women who want to be equal, till it benefits them to play the gender card. These are the ones who don't deserve what they've gained, only because of how they got there. They get promoted only because they are female and take advantage of it.
Then there are women who get where they are because of hard work and intelligence. Going head to head with a male counter part and coming out on top. If women want to be equal, fine. But don't bring gender up just when it's convenient for them. Most are not as strong as men, but operating a drone doesn't take muscle. And do the people on the receiving end of that attack really care who pushed the button? As for me, I think they shouldn't use drones at all. But, there's no putting that genie back in the bottle.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
never underestimate women ... beneath that soft exterior they're more vindictive than men by far ... after 7 ex - wives learned that lesson ...

over there they want to be equal to men .. let them ... they can be tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity right along with the men ... they have equal blood on their hands ... whether remote or direct .. killing is killing the victims are just as dead..

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
If females want the equality (rightfully so) they should be treated equal IN EVERY WAY and not cherry picking stuff

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
But certain women are cut out for this type of work. All women? No, certainly not. The majority of women? Absolutely not. But there has always been that minority of women who will fight. There women warriors amongst the Native Americans and the ancient Celts. Yes, they were the minority, but there are women with a nature to defy the typical gender stereotypes, and there have been for a long time.

What can I say? I'm sorry that I'd rather be fishing, cutting the grass, or working on a computer than cooking, cleaning, and wiping the drool off the kids. The fall of Western civilization will ensue because I don't adhere to rigid gender stereotypes.

Maybe if we could build a bridge and get over letting men out of their box, we could simply let this go by the way. I saw stats one time that said that there was a 30% drop in the women who like to cook in my generation. Alternately, there was a roughly 30% increase in the number of men who like to cook. We have the ability to let everybody be who they are; we've just go to let them do it.
edit on 4-8-2012 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Why is it worse for women to do it and not men?

It's horrible PERIOD.

I agree with Realspoke - exactly how many American citizens are they planning on killing on American soil, anyway? 20,000 drones... hmm...
edit on 4-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Why is it worse for women to do it and not men?
It's horrible PERIOD.

I agree with Realspoke - exactly how many American citizens are they planning on killing on American soil, anyway? 20,000 drones... hmm...
edit on 4-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

The most frequently quoted # is 30,000 drones projected by the Pentagon to be in place - up and running - i.e., functionally operational by next year many of which are to be MANNED by WOMEN. Equivalent to the "steno pool" from another time. Does anyone here see the irony in that?

Given the propensity of the government and their military/pentagon spokespersons for lying I suspect that the figure is closer to sixty thousand: rule of thumb here is to double the governemnts propaganda estimates, which are always grossly undervalued.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

You save your mates, and kill the buggers trying to put more holes in your mates.
In some ways you can even think of it as preventive care; treating the war injury before it happens by killing the buggers that would make it happen.

The old days of black and white movies with medics wearing huge red-cross logos and not getting shot at are gone, if they even ever were reality. The enemies of today make no distinction between medics, and even often civilians and children what with suicide bombers.

its violation of the hippocratic oath and first rule of medine - DO NO HARM ..
as medical personell their responsibility and duty is to save lives NOT to take lives ...
edit on 4/8/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
QUOTE BY Expat888........"its violation of the hippocratic oath and first rule of medine - DO NO HARM" ..

YES I totally agree............I don't often resort to Wiki but in this instance I just wanted a clean and simple description of "Military Medic" and nowhere on the entire page do I see a provision for the military to have "armed medics."

LINK
WIKI QUOTE "Combat medics (also known as medics) are military personnel who have been trained to at least an EMT-Basic level (8 week course in the U.S. Army)[1], and who are responsible for providing first aid and frontline trauma care on the battlefield. They are also responsible for providing continuing medical care in the absence of a readily available physician, including care for disease and battle injury. Combat medics are normally co-located with the combat troops they serve in order to easily move with the troops and monitor ongoing health."

As earlier stated - I think this photo (below) is a fraudulent military propaganda image designed to suit their purposes.
Note the caption to the photo.

Army medic Jacqui de Gelder ready to heal or harm as necessary, Afghanistan, September 2009. © Gary Ramage / Newspix .

Our Medics in the field look more like this --> Note the Red Cross armband and NO weaponry worn by these people.

edit on 4-8-2012 by Vitruvian because: spell check

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Originally posted by Druscilla

its violation of the hippocratic oath and first rule of medine - DO NO HARM ..
as medical personell their responsibility and duty is to save lives NOT to take lives ...
edit on 4/8/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

Last I checked, only certified MDs take the Hippocratic Oath.
Medics are, well, are not doctors, unless they were a doctor when they joined and have for some reason been assigned to the field as a medic, or have stipulated that career path when they enlisted, a career path that takes much much longer than a simple 4 year contract to complete.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
umm....so if they have a penis it is better....I mean I love mine...but it does not make my brand of murder less than murder....

EDIT:
Women make great soldiers. We have been ignoring their capabilities for a long time. Men make great nurturers too. Another asset we ignore.
edit on 4-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join