It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Your Parents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
We the Citizens and Legal Residents of the United States of America. We would remind you that we are the true Parents of this Republic.
We would advise you that it is the love for our child of Democracy that may have, as parents often do, caused us to turn a blind eye to your mischief.
And as many parents do, we believed this child would grow to understand,cherish and hold the love and trust of its parents above all else.
It was us who held you up when you were learning to stand.
It was us who steadied you when you it seemed you may fall
And it was us who carried you through, when all seemed lost.
At times you made us proud, you protected the weak, fed the hungry and showed the world the wisdom we tried to instill upon you.
The pride we felt for you was greater than the world had ever seen. The trust that we gave so freely to you, the belief that we had bestowed in you the essence of what makes America great, we never dreamed had fallen on deaf ears.
But you have forgotten, you have forgotten the sacrifice that your fathers have made for you, and the many sleepless nights your mothers spent.....healing you when you were sick.
You have forgotten that you are a product of our flesh, and our blood, and our tears.. and not the other way around. You look at us now and pretend to listen as we tell you your family history, your roots, and the values that we believe in. You look at us believing you have grown superior to us, that you know better than us, and that you know things we are just incapable of understanding, but let us remind you of one thing...We are still your parents

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You look at us believing you have grown superior to us, that you know better than us,

Very True. This is a probable Response

If you have parents
You didn't make them
Somebody else made that happen

edit on 3-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

Nice sentiment and a little gratitude is always appropriate for good parents. The problem is all the unfit and downright neurotic parents bringing kids into this world, and the negativity produced by them and their unguided children bring much suffering into not only their lives, but other's lives too. So yea we should be reminded of the sacrifices and love from our parents for sure, but know that attitudes and actions sometimes get washed up in the tainted karma of others.

Peace

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Why does everyone think this country was founded as a democracy? It was founded as a constitutional republic – there’s a huge difference. A constitutional republic would have never lead to the bureaucracy we currently reside in.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

I dunno man, look at my second line and you see I call it a republic.
maybe need to clarify what you mean by everybody

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Dad can I have the keys to Air Force One? Mom I don't want to eat at the Congressional cafeteria, they overcook the broccoli. Dad can I have an advance on my Social Security benefits, I've got a date tonight. Mom, tell speculativeoptomist to stop needling me. Dad when can we go to Disneyland? Mom...Dad...Mom...Dad...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Did you come up with this yourself? Very beautifully expressed and so true.

If it's not yours, can you tell us where you found it?

Thanks for that, a nice reminder of who is in change and who better not forget it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Did you come up with this yourself? Very beautifully expressed and so true.

If it's not yours, can you tell us where you found it?

Thanks for that, a nice reminder of who is in change and who better not forget it.

Yea it is something I wrote a few weeks ago on my facebook account
glad you like it

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Dad can I have the keys to Air Force One? Mom I don't want to eat at the Congressional cafeteria, they overcook the broccoli. Dad can I have an advance on my Social Security benefits, I've got a date tonight. Mom, tell speculativeoptomist to stop needling me. Dad when can we go to Disneyland? Mom...Dad...Mom...Dad...

exaactly

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yes, but you also refer to it as a democracy in your third line.
In a democracy 51% can tell 49% they have wear fanny packs.
In a constitutional republic 99% cannot tell 1% they have to wear fanny packs.
Do you see my qualm now?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123
We the Citizens and Legal Residents of the United States of America. We would remind you that we are the true Parents of this Republic.
We would advise you that it is the love for our child of Democracy that may have, as parents often do, caused us to turn a blind eye to your mischief.
And as many parents do, we believed this child would grow to understand,cherish and hold the love and trust of its parents above all else.
It was us who held you up when you were learning to stand.
It was us who steadied you when you it seemed you may fall
And it was us who carried you through, when all seemed lost.
At times you made us proud, you protected the weak, fed the hungry and showed the world the wisdom we tried to instill upon you.
The pride we felt for you was greater than the world had ever seen. The trust that we gave so freely to you, the belief that we had bestowed in you the essence of what makes America great, we never dreamed had fallen on deaf ears.
But you have forgotten, you have forgotten the sacrifice that your fathers have made for you, and the many sleepless nights your mothers spent.....healing you when you were sick.
You have forgotten that you are a product of our flesh, and our blood, and our tears.. and not the other way around. You look at us now and pretend to listen as we tell you your family history, your roots, and the values that we believe in. You look at us believing you have grown superior to us, that you know better than us, and that you know things we are just incapable of understanding, but let us remind you of one thing...We are still your parents

You do realize that both the Boomers and gen X'ers urinated, defecated and then buried all those things your trying to wipe off and glorify?

I don't know, but I find it hilarious(and then blood boiling) when the boomer generation tries to act "respect your elders", when they did everything to disrespect their elders and abandon their moral and social responsibilities.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff

Do you see my qualm now?

Actually, in a constitutional republic, 74% cannot tell 37% to wear fanny packs, but 75% can. The 3/4ths thing...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Do you see my qualm now?

I see your qualm, instead of reading the message, you decided to find a reason to attack it.
Instead of telling me that the people are the ones who sacrificed to make this nation, you looked for a reason to say I am an idiot, and you are a genius, and then proceeded to show me just how smart you are

I intentionally included the words republic to let those out there who understood this, know that I as well knew we were a republic. I took for granted that you as well understood that most people use word democracy much the same way as people use the word kleenex.

I am sorry if my attempt to speak to all people instead of the few who know our political system offended you. It was surely not my intention

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Do you see my qualm now?

then, we must still be running as a republic, since the majority of the people seem not to like many things our gov't has been doing of late, and well, the gov't seems to still be doing them!!!

for better or for worse, I still think we are very much a republican system. we only get to chose the representatives who go to washington, and then our choices are only a couple of already chosen by party candidates...
and then they get to make the vote on the important issues.....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by ronnieray123

You do realize that both the Boomers and gen X'ers urinated, defecated and then buried all those things your trying to wipe off and glorify?

I don't know, but I find it hilarious(and then blood boiling) when the boomer generation tries to act "respect your elders", when they did everything to disrespect their elders and abandon their moral and social responsibilities.

I am a little to young to be a boomer, I just observe and say what I think
but for the sake of argument I will pretend to be one

new topics

top topics

join