It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have a beautiful house about which you do not even knew that exist.....and it is yours Forever.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Same goes for those pristine shopfronts, now point in troubling ourselves to maintain false and showy facades.
You are referring to the lie as facade of life that most people have to live in as a way of Life...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld

Same goes for those pristine shopfronts, now point in troubling ourselves to maintain false and showy facades.
You are referring to the lie as facade of life that most people have to live in as a way of Life...

I'm not sure that I am. You will have to elucidate, please. If you don't mind?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Sorry not reffering to you but to the society that we are living in and that is only a facade to hide the inside of those who brought it here.

Sorry again.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sorry not reffering to you but to the society that we are living in and that is only a facade to hide the inside of those who brought it here.

Sorry again.

No need to apologise...and yes, that is kind of what the shop front represents, but in the feminine dreamscape and therefore the subconscious mind, that which is referenced in Pan's Labyrinth and very similarly in Alice in Wonderland...our inward exploration is somewhat hampered by the distraction of the 'shop front'...maintenance of the 'image' according to societies ideals. Plus, esoterically, we have been excluded, in the West, for a very long time indeed, hence all the muck of preconception that needs to be waded through before we can find the key to unlock that knowledge.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Plus, esoterically, we have been excluded, in the West, for a very long time indeed, hence all the muck of preconception that needs to be waded through before we can find the key to unlock that knowledge.
Key to temple that is a woman stays in the love of her man for her.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Key to temple that is a woman stays in the love of her man for her.

One cannot enter the bridal chamber without a groom. So no, that is not the key that I speak of. Esoterically.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Esoterically.
I understand what you reffering to,something very rare and very limited to a small circle of people although that knowledge should be for all in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Esoterically.
I understand what you reffering to,something very rare and very limited to a small circle of people although that knowledge should be for all in my opinion.

Yes, I agree, but how does one teach that which cannot be taught?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondoftheworld

Very tidy house there.

My house is a bit different, all rooms and halls lead somewhere but its never the same place, and some just lead in endless circles. And to get anywhere and go forward you must go back, but to go back you got to go back as well.
And if you by chance go forward then you will end up back were you started, or worse in a whole different room.

Some rooms are just empty, and some are cluttered and full of all kinds of things, others are just full of junk, and yet others are locked and some are blocked. Some are small and some are big, and some are both, some look small on the outside but are big inside, and some look big on the outside but are small on the inside. And some look exactly like they are, and even in some rooms the toilet is right next to the fridge...I know huh who decided that's a good idea!

Oh ya all kinds of fun things going on, in my dreams, well things get even more weird. But nothing makes sense, and it just seems like everything is an illusion. You know when I was in high school we went on a field trip to some science museum place, I don't even remember were it was.

But I think kids still go there to those places on field trips, were they take you to a whole bunch of nifty science things, but if you ever been to the Ames rooms, or the one were if you walk forward the whole floor seems to shift and go in bizarre directions, or the ones were the other side of the room looks normal but when you try to walk forward it gets smaller. Then ya you would get a picture of the houses I dream of sometimes, and what it is like sometimes. And sometimes even the big things in the foreground if you walk towards them they get small and vice versa as well.

Some cool vids that show how sometimes the mind processes things or forgets to process things, was always fascinated by that and the nifty illusions they create.

edit on 5-8-2012 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

You know, in your mind's eye, the toilet being next to the fridge is somewhat sensible. It seemly understands processes far better than you give it credit for. And while one may worry about hygiene issues with such an arrangement, as long as you are the sole and exclusive user of both, there is very little to worry about in that respect.

I would though, suggest, if I may be so bold, that you have a go at reorganising that house of yours. It only requires a little thought, and then you will be able to lay your mind on whatever you need when you need it. The clutter helps you forget things, and if you have things that you want to forget, then that is useful, but much better to imagine a cupboard with a lock and key, that way you won't stumble onto those unwanted items when you least expect them, or find yourself tripping over them when you are trying to recall something of importance, that may help save your life. I have quite a cluttered and complicated house myself, but everything is where it should be, which enables quicker recall when needed. Lots of dust though on the shelves of unnecessary information, but I'm loathe to get rid of them, because you never really know when something might come in handy. I'm a terrible hoarder in that respect.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I would think the smell would be the problem in having the fridge and kitchen next to the toilet/bathroom. It would be efficient though, and eating seems to be just a process of in one hole out the other so I suppose one can always build a wall between them, so that way you at least dont have to look at the other when you using one or the other.

But in reality I would not want a fridge next to the toilet as it will get stinky, and I don't know about you but I ain't exactly the most cleanest of person, and really I don't even know who put a toilet in the Kitchen thinking on it now it seems like a design flaw and not as much a great idea as originally thought. I mean I don't like keeping things dirty, and I don't keep things dirty or clustered, but sometimes it just to much of a bother to continuously keep things clean and organised, so I just leave it as it is and let the junk accumulate for long periods of time.

And oh ya I am in the process of cleaning all kinds of stuff from my house, way to much junk in there alright. I don't even know what half of them do and how they got there, and its just becoming a bother and a chore to even remember what there all about. And so its time to clean house, the less junk around the less things you have a chance of bumping into when roaming around that place.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

When my parents moved into their first house, there was a bath plumbed into the kitchen. Quite handy I should imagine. The toilet was in an out house. Much less handy.

To refer back to the point that the OP was making. There is nothing to stop you from putting up walls and knocking down others, and shaping the house into one in which you feel comfortable in and where everything is where you need it to be. I don't believe that our minds should be a refuge, but I do believe that we should spend as much time maintaining our internal world, if not more, than we do our external. And make the outside like the inside, and the inside like the outside...one of my favourite quotes at the moment.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

And make the outside like the inside, and the inside like the outside...one of my favourite quotes at the moment.

Ah I really like that. Been reading through this thread, and I'm taking it in slowly. I think I'm starting to grasp heart of the matter.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to ask you a question: You said that when you watched Pan's Labyrinth, everything fell into place? Without getting too off topic, I understand that every time Ophelia had a task to do, or ventured into the labyrinth, she would be judged on the external? (Her dress getting ruined in the one scene is a good example) Meanwhile her inner world remained hidden, even though it affected the outer. Is this roughly what you are referring to? I'm just looking for a bit of guidance I guess

My house has lots of staircases, and every now and then I climb up one, only to find a similar house situated on a level on it's own. After exploring for a bit, I either look out the windows for a while, or I climb again.

Fascinating thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrift
Ah I really like that. Been reading through this thread, and I'm taking it in slowly. I think I'm starting to grasp heart of the matter.

I paraphrase, but the quote is from the Gospel of Philip. I'm glad you like it.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to ask you a question: You said that when you watched Pan's Labyrinth, everything fell into place? Without getting too off topic, I understand that every time Ophelia had a task to do, or ventured into the labyrinth, she would be judged on the external? (Her dress getting ruined in the one scene is a good example) Meanwhile her inner world remained hidden, even though it affected the outer. Is this roughly what you are referring to? I'm just looking for a bit of guidance I guess

That is not what I meant, but now you mention it, very good observation, and yes, that is probably something that del Toro was implying, I missed that though. Well spotted!

My house has lots of staircases, and every now and then I climb up one, only to find a similar house situated on a level on it's own. After exploring for a bit, I either look out the windows for a while, or I climb again.

Fascinating thread.

My house used to take the form of very old houses, but lately, it has become much more modern and high tech, instead of staircases, the whole room will lift up. Kind of disconcerting at first, but I'm getting used to it

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The buildings always varied from dream to dream, but the themes remained the same. There would always be an area of 'filth' that had to be waded through, usually depicted as a bathroom, with overly flowing toilets and dirt encrusted baths
In dreams toilets represents the needs people have to satisfy day to day needs or long term needs and how they obtain the means to satisfy these needs in cleaner or less clean ways therefore the bathroom and toilet can be cleaner or less clean.

edit on 8-8-2012 by diamondoftheworld because: mdfy

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

In dreams toilets represents the needs people have to satisfy day to day needs or long term needs and how they obtain the means to satisfy these needs in cleaner or less clean ways therefore the bathroom and toilet can be cleaner or less clean.

It depends. Often they represent unexpressed emotions, congestion of expression, so to speak. As well as we already discussed, how we sometimes become constipated by the perception of others...trying to fit into a box imposed upon us, and therefore with-holding our natural self and expression.

As with all things, our dream symbology needs to be taken in context with the overall theme, and 'feeling' of the dream as a whole, and then applied to our conscious world.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Actually on the whole analogy that you put up between the movies "the sphere" or "pans labyrinth" which by the way I did not watch pans labyrinth all the way, I think I only seen like half the movie, not even that much really. Before I kind of changed the channel. Not that it was not a good movie but you know sometimes my mind wanders on other things. But anyways between those two things I would say my house is closer to the sphere then pans labyrinth.

In a way there are no walls but those that you put up, and everything is but a reflection of that. It mirrors and gives you what you want, exactly. The key word being exactly, so in a way you kind of have to be constantly watching out for those things that you want, because there is a whole world of difference between what is in your head, and what that thing comes out to be when it is translated into reality or even into dream or meme/psyche/persona.

But ya good movies, I even think I read to book the sphere. Not exactly sure as sometimes the stories and things all get mixed up in my mind as there all basically retelling of a older story's. But one of these days I got to watch pans labyrinth from beginning to end to see what it was all about.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

The Sphere does kind of provide a good analogy, but much in the same way as the concept of The Secret does, in that it demonstrates that selfish objectives have a detrimental effect on the external world and when we act selfishly or for personal gain. 'I want', as opposed to, 'we need'. So to speak.

The Pan's Labyrinth example that I give, is entirely more personal, for me, which is why I am not prepared to elaborate further, it applies to my inner journey, and the obstacles there in. I don't doubt that it may have wider implications, for others, but that would be for them to see for themselves. Either way, the maintenance of our inner home, the goal of perfectibility of self, is, much in the same way as the premise of The Sphere, about the potential for outward projection and manifestation. All the sacred teachings touch upon it, and the ability of the objective realm of the Imaginal, to impact on the subjective world of our everyday reality. But as with all things, intent is everything, which is why The Sphere, represents the obverse of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join