It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Case Arguing For Mitt Romney's Flip Flops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have seen Obama compromise many of his liberal beliefs when he is up there talking about policies and politics. He has flip flopped on almost every single issue that he ran on in 2008. Many people think that being President is a job where you just sign things and press buttons and travel the world. It's NOT that simple. Don't get me wrong, this is NOT a thread feeling sorry for Obama. This is a thread feeling sorry for every President that has ever held the high office! It is one of the main reason ideologues do not get into the Presidency. Sure, Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, and Sarah Palin, represent three corners of republican politics and they are great at articulating the republican message loud and clear for the nation to hear. But, that doesn't make you suitable to run the country. That makes you suitable to launch book deals, Television shows, and host radio programs!

In order to be President you need to be able to flip flop on issues while keeping your integrity in tact otherwise you are going to be disappointing everybody, just like Obama is. Mitt Romney is in the unique position whereby, he can and does pander to everyone on the republican side. You have all seen the youtube videos with various Mitt's saying various things on the same subject.

Now, while many of our government hating friends would say this means Romney has no integrity, it means that Romney holds many secrets, it means we don't know who Romney is! Well, it can't be worse than Obama can it? I would like to suggest that Mitt Romney's flip flops are helpful to him. For this reason the democrats are having a tough time attacking him for his stances on pretty much anything he did in the past. They haven't even attacked him yet for doing RomneyCare! They are only attacking him for being rich. A stigma the whole nation knows. To fellow republicans however, it doesn't matter to them. To liberals who hate money anyway, they would have never voted for Mitt Romney in the first place.

Mitt Romney's flip flops and constant changing views on the issues allows Romney to hold the title of the most practical Presidential candidate I have ever seen! One who is not bogged down by political polarization. Someone who does not let class warfare and rumors of dirty politics cloud his judgement. His focus is sound. We all know that he is running on the economy. Why not give him a chance? He might surprise you!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

In order to be President you need to be able to flip flop on issues while keeping your integrity in tact otherwise you are going to be disappointing everybody, just like Obama is. Mitt Romney is in the unique position whereby, he can and does pander to everyone on the republican side. You have all seen the youtube videos with various Mitt's saying various things on the same subject.

There is no excuse for flip flopping PERIOD, unless you are a damn liar! OR, you are admitting that you were wrong, which we all know, neither party seems capable for owning up to their mistakes!

Liars show nothing more than lack of moral character....

Nice try though!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

How many presidents do you know accomplished everything that they ran on?

I'll help you out here. Zero!
edit on 3-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Your right! Zero! However, Romney isn't even the President yet and look at how many times he has changed his tune! Imagine getting another form of Obama in office for four more years! Guarantee you this country won't be recognizable after another globalist puppet.......sigh

Changing this country involves a hell of a lot more than buying into the bull# of voting for someone selected by those who are already in charge, don't you think???

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

How does one, change his opinion on a stance, from one thing to another, almost daily....and still keep their integrity?

How is saying "I Believe In This", one day and then saying " I Don't Believe in This" the next a sign of integrity?

The only way that works, is if Mitt explains WHY he changed positions, as oppossed to denying he ever had a different opinion to begin with..

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If a candidate can't back up their political beliefs, why should anyone vote for any candidate? We're being sold a bag of goods every time we vote a presidential candidate into office. It's their job to keep their promises, and if there is something behind the scenes preventing him or her from doing so, they should take their case to the American people. There's no excuse for the American public to support any candidate that can't lay their cards on the table.

The American public continue to accept dishonest politicians and vote for the "lesser of two evils." Yet when they have a choice of electing a candidate like Ron Paul who doesn't waver from his beliefs, no matter if it causes him to lose votes, voters just brush him aside.

If we continue elect people like business as usual, we will continue to get more of the same. There's nothing wrong with flip-flopping on an issue, but they should be honest about it and explain the case for changing their mind. Too many candidates who flip-flop try to side-step the issue, or give some sound bite to prevent them from going into detail about why they had a change in mind. They owe the people who voted for them, a detailed explanation of why they have gone back on their promises.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I can see changing your opinion over time and owning up to it. But the politician needs to thoroughly explained why he changed whatever he believed in and why it was incorrect. But if you go around pretending you were always pro-gun when you weren't... it is incredibly fake and only trying to score political points.

new topics

top topics

join