Nessie hunter snaps 'monster' after 26 year wait

page: 7
29
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by smurfy
 


OMG look at that castle in the back. I want nothing more than to go see some of those castles.


I think you know already, Urquhart Castle, I think is in the background of the Nessie pic.

This is the view from the castle looking back,

www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk...

Okay, maybe there are piers offshore.

A panorama, put it together, the picture was taken offshore looking down, and not from a land based pier.




edit on 4-8-2012 by smurfy because: Image.




posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am sure that many people have seen harbor seals.
This looks like one to me, with it's head underwater, hunting for fish.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Hudson69
reply to post by loam
 


26 years for that lousy photo....what a waste of a life



If this was his passion and/or mission, I think it paid off handsomely and he must feel vindicated (even if it does turn out to be a floating log
)


Good vindication ther Human



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
2 words.....

"BIG FOOT"!




posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I went on a boat trip years ago, from Fort Augustus and bought a sonar print-out from the people running it. I was a bit disappointed because Nessie wasn't anywhere to be seen on the surface or on the sonar readings but then, they didn't go all the length of Loch Ness so he/she was obviously in another part of the Loch at the time.


Iceland and Norway have similar sea monster stories/sightings and in Norway they go back to the1700s.

cryptozoo-oscity.blogspot.co.uk...

I think they're all sightings of the same creature.
People go on about land-locked Loch Ness but leaving the River Ness aside for a minute, surely there must be deep-water caves, fissures and tunnels, formed millions of years ago by glaciers. Nessie obviously swims at great depths and could use them to reach the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea and the Norwegian Sea.

New species are being discovered all the time in rainforests and previously inaccessible places. Weird and wonderful sea creatures are also being found, so I don't see it as too much a stretch of the imagination to think that there could be a Loch Ness Monster.

I hope they never find him/her though because it's sure to end badly for Nessie if they do.

Just thinking about it now, does anyone remember something in the newspapers years ago, about a fish being found in Loch Ness, that was thought to be extinct millions of years ago?



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
So wait...26 years, runs tours, names his freaking boak Nessie....and there's "a photograph" to show for 10 minutes of watching this thing?!

Holy hell, in 26 years YOU'D THINK the guy would have mounted a couple of video cameras to his boat. If I was 26-years-Nessie-crazy, I'd have thermal, IR and nightvision video monitoring on my boat recording at all times!


I mean EXACTLY what I thought! TEN minutes and he has TWO photos! THIS discredits this story in my eyes.



posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion
 


agreed, in other words - TOTAL BS

CJ



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
first thing I thought of when I saw it was a very large Sturgeon. That is what they look like when they surface. I have seen sturgeon surface like that. Look at the wake you can tell it is traveling and not just straight but make a slow right hand turn.

Scale is the problem here It needs something to measure it by.



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It is odd that he watched it for 10 minutes and only got a photo, he must have video cameras, etc.

One possibility is that he saw something in the water, got all excited, then realised it was a seal or whatever.

Hence he couldn't release the video because it'd be clear what it was, so he released a photo or 2 that look "mysterious".

If he believes that Nessie exists then that might be justification enough to do it.

If he runs a Nessie hunting business then that could be another.



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by loam
 


Lots of things don't add up with his statement or his picture shown below.




He says he is returning to the Temple Pier in one statement , looking at his picture and the boats that operate I would say his claim of half a mile away is total BS.

If you look at Urquhart Castle in the picture the opposite side of the loch to the left of the photo is 1800mtr away this picture looks like a wide angle or standard lens shot of an object quite close to the boat, it would be better if we had the camera details or exif data if a digital shot!

I think this is what his picture is of.



Also look at the waves in his picture!!!

edit on 5-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)


Picture of his boat





Dont think he was being 100% honest looking at the height out of the water of the boat!!!!!
edit on 5-8-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Could be a seal diving, are they known to frequent loch ness?



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976
 


From a previous post.


Originally posted by loam
I went to go look, and surprisingly found this:



Seals

A number of photographs and a video have confirmed the presence of seals in the loch, for up to months at a time.[85][86] In 1934 the Sir Edward Mountain expedition analysed film taken the same year and concluded that the monster was a species of seal, which was reported in a national newspaper as "Loch Ness Riddle Solved – Official".[87] A long-necked seal was advocated by Peter Costello for Nessie and for other reputed lake-monsters.[88] R.T. Gould wrote "A grey seal has a long and surprisingly extensible neck; it swims with a paddling action; its colour fits the bill; and there is nothing surprising in its being seen on the shore of the loch, or crossing a road."[16] This explanation would cover sightings of lake-monsters on land, during which the creature supposedly waddled into the loch upon being startled, in the manner of seals.[88] Seals could also account for sonar traces that act as animate objects. Against this, it has been argued that all known species of pinnipeds are usually visible on land during daylight hours to sunbathe,[89] something that Nessie is not known to do. However seals have been observed and photographed in Loch Ness and the sightings are sufficiently infrequent to allow for occasional visiting animals rather than a permanent colony.

Link.


Now, I'm thinking about those markings again!



SEALS IN LOCH NESS



After looking at quite a few seals that could be found in the area, I can't rule it out. The markings seem to point in that direction. The proportions and angles of the mass seem consistent.

What do you all think?
edit on 5-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by DARREN1976
 


From a previous post.


Originally posted by loam
I went to go look, and surprisingly found this:



Seals

A number of photographs and a video have confirmed the presence of seals in the loch, for up to months at a time.[85][86] In 1934 the Sir Edward Mountain expedition analysed film taken the same year and concluded that the monster was a species of seal, which was reported in a national newspaper as "Loch Ness Riddle Solved – Official".[87] A long-necked seal was advocated by Peter Costello for Nessie and for other reputed lake-monsters.[88] R.T. Gould wrote "A grey seal has a long and surprisingly extensible neck; it swims with a paddling action; its colour fits the bill; and there is nothing surprising in its being seen on the shore of the loch, or crossing a road."[16] This explanation would cover sightings of lake-monsters on land, during which the creature supposedly waddled into the loch upon being startled, in the manner of seals.[88] Seals could also account for sonar traces that act as animate objects. Against this, it has been argued that all known species of pinnipeds are usually visible on land during daylight hours to sunbathe,[89] something that Nessie is not known to do. However seals have been observed and photographed in Loch Ness and the sightings are sufficiently infrequent to allow for occasional visiting animals rather than a permanent colony.

Link.


Now, I'm thinking about those markings again!



SEALS IN LOCH NESS



After looking at quite a few seals that could be found in the area, I can't rule it out. The markings seem to point in that direction. The proportions and angles of the mass seem consistent.

What do you all think?
edit on 5-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)


Thanks for the update, I'm keeping an eye on so many threads that I obviously missed this segment of info', but confirming seals in the loch seasonaly, just goes to show that the loch, thats supposed o be sgregated from the sea, just might have sub-tunnels/entrances for the seals to get in to the loch, as I cant see them waddling all the way to the loch "cross country" style, but then somebody will probably tell me I am wrong and they do waddle, and knowing my luck they will probably be right!!!
PEACE!!


p.s.
That pic in the OP does kinda look like a speckled seal does'nt it? caught in the act of submersing itself.....what do you think friend?
edit on 5-8-2012 by DARREN1976 because: snoozel toozel's!!!



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
He should have thrown a grenade in the lake and see what's really there, now thats "alternative breaking news"




posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976
 


I suggest you look at google earth/maps it is NOT segregated from the sea!



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by DARREN1976
 


I suggest you look at google earth/maps it is NOT segregated from the sea!


Too true, the river Ness is the focal point, and is navigable by large marine mammals and fish. On the other hand I've done my best to point out that the OP's linked picture as given and stated is simply untrue, and it does not in any way equate to the Nessie legend. The picture is a hoax as given in the first instance. Other posters pointed that out in the first page, so why should the object be perpetuated as anything except, (innocent or otherwise) as part of the hoax.



posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam
 


probably just a tree filled with gasses from the process of rotting!
It's nice to have 26 years of leisure time!



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by DARREN1976
 


I suggest you look at google earth/maps it is NOT segregated from the sea!


Hmmmm.... I was always of the understanding that it was! Well, you learn something new every day, dont you? Thanks again.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro

Originally posted by daynight42
Part of me wishes they would just drain the lake somehow and put an end to all this. The MS river could use some water. Too bad there is no money in building a pipeline to channel a material other than oil.


You must be American, nobody else would come out with such an ignorant and arrogant statement as this! Seriously? Drain Loch Ness to give the water to the MS river? HA! Aye coz we'd let you just come in and drain the Loch for your own ends! The idiocy around here sometimes is astounding!

I don't know what to make of this pic, it doesn't stir up the feeling that the 'Surgeon Photo' does or even the underwater pic of the 'flipper'. I believe Nessie's real, there are so many caves and tunnels in the depths of the loch that she could be anywhere.


I guess you're not American and can't well read between the lines of English text. See that part where I said "Part of me wishes..." In other words, I am not even seriously considering the idea. It is more a "Wouldn't it be nice if we could just..." It was a hypothetical paired with, well nevermind. This isn't school time.

Keep believing. Whatever makes you feel better.



posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42
 



Originally posted by daynight42
Part of me wishes they would just drain the lake somehow and put an end to all this. The MS river could use some water. Too bad there is no money in building a pipeline to channel a material other than oil.



It holds 263 thousand million cubic feet of water which is around 16 million 430 thousand million gallons of water with a surface area of 14000 acres and could hold the population of the world 10 times over.


It's also 754 feet deep at the deepest point so good luck with that idea then!






top topics



 
29
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join